Sign in to follow this  
dclark145

Question Regarding Premium Services

Why does no one complain about having to pay Intermat for their premium services? Or BTN, for that matter? Or any other outlet that charges for a certain service applying to wrestling? I feel like Flo gets way too much flack for it. Is it because they have a product that we all really, really want and humans are just naturally cheap?

Honest question here - not trying to start a flame war or anything.. just a thought that popped in my head during Organizational Communication this week.

We got spoiled with Flo early on.

That said, and I've never seen it brought up before, how the heck did Flo do all that they did the first few years when everything was free? I've always suspected, and still do, that they have some type of shadow $$ coming in from anonymous source(s).

Riddle me that Batman.

We got spoiled with Flo early on.

That said, and I've never seen it brought up before, how the heck did Flo do all that they did the first few years when everything was free? I've always suspected, and still do, that they have some type of shadow $$ coming in from anonymous source(s).

Riddle me that Batman.

Then again, look at how much Flo has grown since then. Sure, they always went to a big tournament here and there and made the trip to Russia for their Nationals. But now, they're going to EVERY big college and high school tournament, streaming everything, connecting it all together in an easy-to-access area.. and they're the only one doing it. Even USAW isn't bringing back video from these oversea tours.. though, I don't know if that's a rights issue with some other company.

That being said, I do feel a bit slighted, in that I remember streaming the Super 32 and Fargo finals and being beyond anxious as the time approached. It's not that I don't want to pay - I'm sure a huge fanbase of Flo (middle school-high school age kids) don't have $20 a month, nor can convince non-wrestling related parents to shell it out either. The rest of my club team and I always talk about how its just too much on top of everything else.