Sign in to follow this  
NJwrestlingguy

Taylor Walsh ...Wow..what a start

Knight Point Open 157 Varsity Taylor Walsh (Indiana) won by pin over Matt Hicks (Bloomsburg) 2:09.

11/03/2013 Knight Point Open 157 Varsity Taylor Walsh (Indiana) won by pin over Sam Molina (Pitt-Johnstown) 1:31.

11/03/2013 Knight Point Open 157 Varsity Taylor Walsh (Indiana) won by pin over Eric Nutter (Pittsburgh) 5:20.

11/03/2013 Knight Point Open 157 Varsity Taylor Walsh (Indiana) won by pin over Jake Himes (Penn State Dubois) 1:32.

11/03/2013 Knight Point Open 157 Varsity Taylor Walsh (Indiana) won by decision over Randell Languis (Ohio State) 7-1.

11/09/2013 Michigan State Open 157 Varsity Taylor Walsh (Indiana) won by pin over Mike Migawa (Calumet (Ind.)) 0:33.

11/09/2013 Michigan State Open 157 Varsity Taylor Walsh (Indiana) won by pin over Jake Kazimir (Columbia) 2:15.

11/09/2013 Michigan State Open 157 Varsity Taylor Walsh (Indiana) won by pin over Malcolm Martin (Central Michigan) 2:36.

11/09/2013 Michigan State Open 157 Varsity Taylor Walsh (Indiana) won by decision over Doug Welch (Purdue) 6-0.

11/09/2013 Michigan State Open 157 Varsity Taylor Walsh (Indiana) won by decision over Spartak Chino (Ohio) 6-2.

11/09/2013 Michigan State Open 157 Varsity Taylor Walsh (Indiana) won by pin over Andrew Morse (Northern Illinois) 0:40.

11/24/2013 Keystone Classic 157 Varsity Taylor Walsh (Indiana) received a bye.

11/24/2013 Keystone Classic 157 Varsity Taylor Walsh (Indiana) won by pin over Grant Blumenthal (Campbell) 0:59.

11/24/2013 Keystone Classic 157 Varsity Taylor Walsh (Indiana) won by pin over Stephen Robertson (Pennsylvania) 3:36.

11/24/2013 Keystone Classic 157 Varsity Taylor Walsh (Indiana) won by pin over Tyler Grimaldi (Harvard) 3:44.

11/24/2013 Keystone Classic 157 Varsity Taylor Walsh (Indiana) won by pin over Raamiah Bethea (Pennsylvania) 3:45.

12/07/2013 vs. Drexel 157 Varsity Taylor Walsh (Indiana) won by pin over Shane Fenningham (Drexel) 3:27.

12/07/2013 vs. Northern Colorado 157 Varsity Taylor Walsh (Indiana) won by pin over Mitchell Polkowske (Northern Colorado) 4:53.

12/07/2013 vs. VMI 157 Varsity Taylor Walsh (Indiana) won by pin over Edward Gottwald (VMI) 2:17.

12/08/2013 vs. Southern Illinois Edwardsville 157 Varsity Taylor Walsh (Indiana) won by pin over Logun Taylor (Southern Illinois Edwardsville) 1:15.

12/08/2013 vs. West Virginia 157 Varsity Taylor Walsh (Indiana) won by pin over George Scheffel (West Virginia) 5:49.

What's wrong with this post? Walsh was 11th seed two years ago at NCAA and has had a hell of a start to this season. No point in diminishing his start. I think he is definitely a legitimate AA contender. Also makes for a tough matchup because he's a very dangerous wrestler

What's wrong with this post? Walsh was 11th seed two years ago at NCAA and has had a hell of a start to this season. No point in diminishing his start. I think he is definitely a legitimate AA contender. Also makes for a tough matchup because he's a very dangerous wrestler

No argument with what you're saying about Walsh. But he's mostly faced cupcakes and he's a good pinner. So he has a lot of early season pins. The three guys he hasn't pinned are basically average starters. I don't think there's much to say about Walsh's start. It's what you'd expect out of any AA contender going up against soft competition. He's not exactly Ruth, Stieber and Taylor who overwhelm almost everyone at their weight.

No argument with what you're saying about Walsh. But he's mostly faced cupcakes and he's a good pinner. So he has a lot of early season pins. The three guys he hasn't pinned are basically average starters. I don't think there's much to say about Walsh's start. It's what you'd expect out of any AA contender going up against soft competition. He's not exactly Ruth, Stieber and Taylor who overwhelm almost everyone at their weight.

You're very wrong there.

He is exactly Taylor!

You're very wrong there.

He is exactly Taylor!

Boom. That just happened.

pwned

You're very wrong there.

He is exactly Taylor!

Boom. That just happened.

pwned

I snorted. :lol:

He should be AA. He always had the talent. He is really crushing opponents.

I would like to see him against green, reabulto, and Iowa champ.

He got majored in the Big 10 tournament and NCAAs by Green. But we will see this year, I personally think Walsh will have a turnaround this year, provided he stays healthy. From last year to this year he really is a better wrestler. And of course Green is going to better, more experienced. All the 157lb er's, in the big 10 will be tough this year.

You're very wrong there.

He is exactly Taylor!

Took me about a minute to realize thats a very funny comment :oops:

He should be AA. He always had the talent. He is really crushing opponents.

I would like to see him against green, reabulto, and Iowa champ.

He got majored in the Big 10 tournament and NCAAs by Green. But we will see this year, I personally think Walsh will have a turnaround this year, provided he stays healthy. From last year to this year he really is a better wrestler. And of course Green is going to better, more experienced. All the 157lb er's, in the big 10 will be tough this year.

He beat Napoli (3 seed) in the 1st round of the NCAAs.

He beat the 3, lost to a R12 and lost to the 4 (Green). Drawn in elsewhere he may have gone deeper...

What move or moves does he typically pin his opponents with?

Just for sake of discussion Aside from Taylor, Steiber, Schopp, Ruth, and Walsh who are the other top pinners this season and what specifically are they using to get falls?

Port and Racciato got nice pins last week against Iowa and Penn State. They were off of scrambles but both finished with tight snake.

What move or moves does he typically pin his opponents with?

Just for sake of discussion Aside from Taylor, Steiber, Schopp, Ruth, and Walsh who are the other top pinners this season and what specifically are they using to get falls?

Port and Racciato got nice pins last week against Iowa and Penn State. They were off of scrambles but both finished with tight snake.

Not sure you can label it with any specifically named move. Very tall- uses leverage and step-overs.

Reminds me of that one dude who wrestled for that really bad program that got dropped a few years back... I wish I could remember his name. He pinned a ton of dudes and I think actually was undefeated coming into NCAAs, but didn't get a seed because he hadn't faced anyone decent

Cathell, I think that was his name. He transferred somewhere after the program got dropped