Sign in to follow this  
superfluidity

Devin Carter out for season

That is very tough break for Devin. I was looking forward to his match with Logan. I think Devin is the only one that could have a tight match with Logan. In five matches between them - all ended in a decision in favor of Logan.

I actually saw Devin grabbing his hamstring during his match with VA. VA fought like a tiger but Devin was able to get away with a win. With Devin winning, i didn't think his injury was serious but it turned out to be very serious. Tough dude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

However, Devin would qualify for medical redshirt for sure. He only wrestled less than 20% of season which would be acceptable medical redshirt. It's up to NCAA to approve him.

The threshold is actually 30%, but unfortunately for him, he's wrestled 7 dates of competition, which is more than 30%. Sadly, Devin will not be able to qualify for a hardship waiver (or, for laymen, medical redshirt).

That is very tough break for Devin. I was looking forward to his match with Logan. I think Devin is the only one that could have a tight match with Logan. In five matches between them - all ended in a decision in favor of Logan.

I actually saw Devin grabbing his hamstring during his match with VA. VA fought like a tiger but Devin was able to get away with a win. With Devin winning, i didn't think his injury was serious but it turned out to be very serious. Tough dude.

I think Logan and carter have only wrestled once in college and once in HS.

The question now is does neibert head down to 141 and do they pull Brascetta from RS? Brascetta would be a title contender this year no doubt.

Even if you meet the criteria, you can't receive a medical redshirt if you don't have a redshirt to burn. Guys like Stieber and Burroughs had one to use. Unfortunately Carter just used his last season and will lose a year of eligibility here. Shame; from what JB posted, sounds like a good guy.

Even if you meet the criteria, you can't receive a medical redshirt if you don't have a redshirt to burn. Guys like Stieber and Burroughs had one to use. Unfortunately Carter just used his last season and will lose a year of eligibility here. Shame; from what JB posted, sounds like a good guy.

You sure Burroughs hadn't used his redshirt up?

You sure Burroughs hadn't used his redshirt up?

Yes. He hadn't. This is how people get a sixth year. They have two years burned by injury and no redshirt. The planned redshirt does have a lot of risk in it; one of the reasons I am not a fan of it.

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml ... =205039370

Jordan Burroughs

2006 - NJ State Champ at 135

2007 - 1-2 at NCAAs at 149 after starting the season at 141

2008 - 3rd at NCAAs at 149

2009 - National Champion at 157

2010 - Medical Redshirt

2011 - National Champion at 165

What do Burroughs and Dake, two of the biggest names in our sport at the moment, share in common? They both wrestled four different weight classes in college. Get stronger, faster, focus on technique and the success will come.

Tough break after redshirting. I thought he was the clear #2 at 141 and one of the best college wrestlers in the country. Perhaps he can get a medical redshirt? Isn't that what Logan did after getting hurt in Vegas as a true frosh?

No. A med hardship is only available if he was injured and unable to compete for the season his redshirt was used. A voluntary RS season is still an opportunity to compete he could have, but elected not to. It requires the injury loss of two full seasons to get an added one.

Tough break after redshirting. I thought he was the clear #2 at 141 and one of the best college wrestlers in the country. Perhaps he can get a medical redshirt? Isn't that what Logan did after getting hurt in Vegas as a true frosh?

No. A med hardship is only available if he was injured and unable to compete for the season his redshirt was used. A voluntary RS season is still an opportunity to compete he could have, but elected not to. It requires the injury loss of two full seasons to get an added one.

wow

with less than ten scholarships to give out why would a coach waste so much money on the bench redshirting seems crazy if it doesn't allow you to get back an injury missed later vt will have their top guy taking scholarship to sit out two seasons

Was this the same injury that Howe had? I know Howe has had a few bad injuries but didn't he tear his hamstring against Polz in dual meet right after the midlands?

This is a tough break for Carter. I had him in the finals against Stieber.