Sign in to follow this  
leshismore

When was the last open that Bo Jordan wrestled in?

Remember, in order to preserve their redshirt status according to the rules, the school cannot pay for anything related to their wrestling. The redshirt wrestler has to pay his own tourney entry fee, find and pay for his own transportation to/from the tourney and pay for all expenses (meals, hotel, transportation, etc.). The school can pay/do nothing for the redshirt.

Not sure how many schools actually do this by the rules, though. Always wondered how some teams get all their redshirts to an open that is quite a ways away and still follow these rules. It can be quite expensive for the wrestler.

I understand that is the "rule". But it does seem quite odd that some kids are going to opens almost weekly and Bo, who is a super stud, is not. I don't think it is because he is lacking in support or funding. I believe it comes from the top, and is not really his choice. I could be wrong, but just think about how many people would offer Bo (and other OS wrestlers) a ride to the open and let them share a room. I doubt if the following is a reality.

"Yea, Bo Jordan, one of the top guys in the country who is red-shirting needs a ride to #$%#@ open, and needs a place to crash... But I said,... 'NO WAY"... the guy who may end up being one of the greatest in US history wants to hang out with me. No way buddy."