Sign in to follow this  
hammer

PSU vs tOSU

Retherford just out wrestled him on there feet. He also did a great job riding Stieber out. I do think the ref shouldnt have called a stalemate with Stieber working his arm bar to get Retherford a clean restart, but regardless Retherford exploded right out after that.

It was a PD call that got him a fresh start.

Retherford just out wrestled him on there feet. He also did a great job riding Stieber out. I do think the ref shouldnt have called a stalemate with Stieber working his arm bar to get Retherford a clean restart, but regardless Retherford exploded right out after that.

Was it PD? I cant remember. I just know I thought it was kind of weak. Who knows though he might have gotten out shortly after that even without the stoppage.

Was it PD? I cant remember. I just know I thought it was kind of weak. Who knows though he might have gotten out shortly after that even without the stoppage.

Potentially dangerous.

Just watched it on tape delay. What a beatdown.

Megaludis reminded everybody why he is so highly ranked. Gulibon looked better than the last time I saw him, but still having trouble on bottom. (I'd like to see him do something with either his hair or his headgear to keep the strap out of his eyes. Doesn't add to the image.) Retherford, wow, what can you say? Upset of the season based on all the Stieber threads and posts here. Nice Job by Beitz and Vollrath. Remind me again, these are backups to somebody? Taylor his usual. Ruth entertaining after a little surprising -2TD off the whistle - rust? Brown a beast. Phipps game despite being a little light it sounded like. Didn't see the heavies, I think that video review ate up what was remaining of my two hours.

PSU looked great. Looking ahead now to the other BIG10 matches given that Ohio didn't offer much competition today. Hope Cael keeps their heads screwed on straight with no letdowns.

Kenny vs. Ruth should be fun.

Would have really nice if the BTN announcers would have mentioned the Courts' dad was Ruth's youth coach. But then, why should expect Gibbons and Johnson be expected to do any research outside the state of Iowa?

Shane Sparks might not have been so shocked with Retherford being Stieber's equal in neutral. Not too many world freestyle champs are gonna get schooled on their feet. But then again, Retherford is from PA - not Wisconsin, Minnesota, or Iowa.

Kenny vs. Ruth should be fun.

Would have really nice if the BTN announcers would have mentioned the Courts' dad was Ruth's youth coach. But then, why should expect Gibbons and Johnson be expected to do any research outside the state of Iowa?

Shane Sparks might not have been so shocked with Retherford being Stieber's equal in neutral. Not too many world freestyle champs are gonna get schooled on their feet. But then again, Retherford is from PA - not Wisconsin, Minnesota, or Iowa.

Also, a little surprised the BTN producers didn't have the microphone volume adjusted correctly. The crowd drowned out a lot of their commentary.

Overall, great dual meet. I'll take that over an NFL game any day.

Pretty sure they said that Ruth won a couple title in PA, which of course he didn't . Other than that I enjoyed the commentating.

They did in fact say that before commenting that he ended up at Blair.

Yeah... they did say that he won a couple titles at Suquehanna Twp. Not true b/c he ran into a guy named Quentin Wright in the semi-finals in both his sophomore year (7-4, Wright) and junior year (10-8, Wright).

Wright won the title both years. Ruth placed 5th and 4th. Then Ruth transferred to Blair for his senior year so he could win a National Prep title.

Pretty sure they said that Ruth won a couple title in PA, which of course he didn't . Other than that I enjoyed the commentating.

They did in fact say that before commenting that he ended up at Blair.

Yeah... they did say that he won a couple titles at Suquehanna Twp. Not true b/c he ran into a guy named Quentin Wright in the semi-finals in both his sophomore year (7-4, Wright) and junior year (10-8, Wright).

Wright won the title both years. Ruth placed 5th and 4th. Then Ruth transferred to Blair for his senior year so he could win a National Prep title.

It's crazy that Ruth ended up being the better wrestler. So much depth

LOL. You may take some heat for this one, lu_alum. :D