Sign in to follow this  
BRGuy

forgotten big 12 program

Gee, thanks for making those great points. A program that can't keep kids in class will not last. And not everyone can be #1. You need to win a Nobel prize, pronto. Thanks for enlightening all of us and making us better people with your gracious intellect.

On behalf of JH, I'd like to say, "You're welcome."

There we go. You're so smart.

Who said top 20? A school with WVU's resources should not be bottom 20 or wherever they are now. Not every school has its resources and location. As has been noted on this thread by others a little more plugged in than you, schools with a lot less are doing much, much better, and that's only OK to morons like you who would keep a coach well past his prime in his seat so long as the program keeps most of its kids in school. Thank God you're not an AD or we'd be down to half a dozen D1 college programs.

the resources and location of west virginia? one of the poorest, least populated state in the US with a flagship school in the bottom tier of the national university rankings?

more importantly, if i was AD, how could i cause there to be only 6 D1 programs? i'd only be responsible for 1 program and i'd make sure it kept wrestling. so take it up with the other fictional ADs in your hypothetical scenario.

also i forgive you for calling me a moron. these message boards can get heated i and know youre better than petty ad hominems.

I think you are neglecting the actual geographic location of WVU. Yes, it is obviously in WV, which is what you described, but it is only 5 miles from the PA line, hardly an hour from the recruiting bed of Pittsburgh, and a couple of hours from Cleveland.

In regards to academics, WVU has made serious advances in the pasr ten years, with many more Truman, Goldwater, and Rhodes scholars, not to mention increased focus on research. It also has fairly cheap out-of-state tuition, a big plus for workout partners. WVU has a strong and successful athletic department compared to most schools of its size.

We consider the program to be in shambles because it was a once proud program that was consistently ranked and produced all americans. We recruited well. It hasnt been close to ANY of these in nearly a decade and gets trounced by mid tier teams. No the program isn't on the chopping block, but it's still an embarassment compared to what it could really be.

I think you are neglecting the actual geographic location of WVU. Yes, it is obviously in WV, which is what you described, but it is only 5 miles from the PA line, hardly an hour from the recruiting bed of Pittsburgh, and a couple of hours from Cleveland.

In regards to academics, WVU has made serious advances in the pasr ten years, with many more Truman, Goldwater, and Rhodes scholars, not to mention increased focus on research. It also has fairly cheap out-of-state tuition, a big plus for workout partners. WVU has a strong and successful athletic department compared to most schools of its size.

We consider the program to be in shambles because it was a once proud program that was consistently ranked and produced all americans. We recruited well. It hasnt been close to ANY of these in nearly a decade and gets trounced by mid tier teams. No the program isn't on the chopping block, but it's still an embarassment compared to what it could really be.

fair points regarding the school and the wrestling squad's preformance. i still may not use the word shambles to describe the program but thats me. the Neers have great potential and i can see where supporters would be disappointed. i sincerely wish you best of luck making a positive coaching change if thats what is needed to re-orient the program.