Sign in to follow this  
TBar1977

PSU vs. Iowa

Weren't both Retherford and Dziewa denied transfer eligibility in HS? I can't remember if Dziewa was eventually allowed to wrestle. There was another guy same team that same year. One was ok, one wasn't.

Dziewa was from Pennsbury. He and another wrestler abandoned ship and went to Council Rock South (jimmy Vollrath's HS). The other guy was granted eligibility, Dziewa was forced to sit out a year - but won PIAA's the next year for CRS.

Retherford also was forced to sit out a year when he transferred to Benton, PA.

Does Iowa know how to shoot anymore? For cryin' out loud, they're tough as nails and in good shape, but I haven't seen a mildy slick leg attack from them in years, at least not with any consistency. They make it look so hard - which it is, but c'mon, these are highly skilled kids, shouldn't there be a more diverse offensive attack?

I don't know what was up with Iowa tonight. We looked like we were afraid to lose or afraid we were going to give up bonus points. I'd rather see 165, 184, and 197 get pinned rather than that crap we saw tonight. Ramos and St. John looked good as usual, but everyone else looked flat. It will help if Clark can get his weight under control, and we can get Burak back. We really needed those two tonight. PSU looked great. Congrats on the win.

Ps. Why was Burak not on the mat tonight?

I don't know what was up with Iowa tonight. We looked like we were afraid to lose or afraid we were going to give up bonus points. I'd rather see 165, 184, and 197 get pinned rather than that crap we saw tonight. Ramos and St. John looked good as usual, but everyone else looked flat. It will help if Clark can get his weight under control, and we can get Burak back. We really needed those two tonight. PSU looked great. Congrats on the win.

Agree. You had two guys totally mail it in tonight. They were outclassed for certain, but they didn't even try to wrestle. Anyone can belly out or turtle to not give up the Tech, but geez, this is Iowa we are talking about.

Those two squads are not even close right now. Kelly losing to the rs Fr back up has to sting.

Kelly did not just lose to a RS Frosh backup. Beitz is a 141 backup who has been wrestling up a weight the past couple weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beitz has back to back wins over the kid at Ohio State and now Kelly. I actually see improvement in this kid. He's a gamer.

Moving up during the season is never easy. He has done a real nice job at 149.

Can he beat A. Alton?

Not even a chance. Alton would pin or tech Beitz easy. If Retherford loses to Dwieza, I guarantee you Alton gets the nod. The crowd would have went crazy if Josh would have beat Zain, and then Cael would have thrown Andrew out for the pin to silence the crowd back down.

Moving up during the season is never easy. He has done a real nice job at 149.

Can he beat A. Alton?

Not even a chance. Alton would pin or tech Beitz easy. If Retherford loses to Dwieza, I guarantee you Alton gets the nod. The crowd would have went crazy if Josh would have beat Zain, and then Cael would have thrown Andrew out for the pin to silence the crowd back down.

Have they wrestled in a wrestle off this season?

Not that I know of,but they might have already though? I know last few years Beitz's older brother was like 2 or 3 spots behind Andrew. Beitz just bumped up from 141 cause he could not beat Retherford, no way he is even competitive with AA. Just my opinion. I believe a healthy Alton is going to be in finals this year, even though many will disagree and harp on his past conditioning woes.

Not that I know of,but they might have already though? I know last few years Beitz's older brother was like 2 or 3 spots behind Andrew. Beitz just bumped up from 141 cause he could not beat Retherford, no way he is even competitive with AA. Just my opinion. I believe a healthy Alton is going to be in finals this year, even though many will disagree and harp on his past conditioning woes.

Or the poor technique he's displayed in the past. Or the fact that he has yet to achieve AA status. We'll see what happens, but A. Alton has done little to show me he's a trustworthy performer on the big stage. Good luck to him though.

Didn't know Clark struggled with weight.

Next year Clark 133 and Gilman 125?? Gilman looked tiny tonight as did Gulibon.