Sign in to follow this  
DF

$500,000 to erase all your memories of wrestling

You're offered $500,000 cash (tax free) on the condition that all your wrestling memories are forever erased.

The gaps left by erasing those memories would be replaced by memories of other everyday activities so there would be no disconnect. The erasure would be done in a way so it does not affect your memories of any other events or people.

All your medals, wrestling-related photos, records, and other memorabilia would be destroyed so you'll have no sources to tangentially remember your wrestling history.

Don't try to be a smartazz and try to come up with ways around it to get the $500K and still hold on to your wrestling past. Those are the rules: $500K for complete erasure of all your wrestling memories. You either take it or leave it, there's no negotiating or gaming it.

The briefcase with $500K cold hard cash is being offered to you with those conditions. You take it or leave it?

what about the character you built by wrestling all those years? the medals and stats and t shirts from tough and cool wrestling camps are all worthless anyway, so i think you got a deal at, like, 20 bucks and a froyo coupon. as long as i maintain the priceless character i forged through years of self sacrifice and hard work.

DF - have to hand it to you. Good question! Nonetheless, I wouldn't take it. Fell far short of my goals, but so many wonderful friends and memories! It's all about priorities!! :D :D :D

I don't have that kind of money, but no - I wouldn't give up my memories of this sport. It's what made me who I am today, even if I wasn't the best wrestler out there. That said, I certainly wouldn't hate on anyone for taking it though!

The erasure would be done in a way so it does not affect your memories of any other events or people.

I guess I'd have to not only give up my memories of wrestling, but have a completely different set of closest friends too (unless they also took you up on your offer). I'd wonder how come so many people I knew were wrestlers.

woke up this morning with an extra 500,000 in my bank account! have no idea where it came from or why I am on this message board?

Hahaha... you beat me to it.

Funny topic, DF. Well done.

i like the total recall angle. why not just have the memories of busting your butt for 12 years and winning an NCAA championship implanted in your head without actually training or ever winning a match? that would be a solid confidence booster.

2003 NCAA Champion out of Mars: Douglas Quaid... or is it HOUSER??????

woke up this morning with an extra 500,000 in my bank account! have no idea where it came from or why I am on this message board?

I'll help jog your memory. You basically won the most important tournament in wrestling but only a few good wrestlers bothered to show up. It would be the equivalent of winning the soccer world cup if Brazil, Italy, Spain, Germany, etc and most of the South American countries didn't participate.

I'll help jog your memory. You basically won the most important tournament in wrestling but only a few good wrestlers bothered to show up. It would be the equivalent of winning the soccer world cup if Brazil, Italy, Spain, Germany, etc and most of the South American countries didn't participate.

Hey D***F***, what have you exactly achieved to be criticizing someone who Olympic gold?!