Sign in to follow this  
MSU158

How do Taylor's Top10 Wins compare to the likes of Dake?

Can someone please list his Top10 COLLEGE FOLKSTYLE wins. I am not interested in or trying to attack Taylor in this thread. He is as good as if not better as Askren was and that puts him as a borderline Top10-Top15 type. However, it seems like a lot on here would put him closer to Top5. I would be interested to see if someone on here can list the Top 10,COLLEGE FOLKSTYLE, wins of Sanderson, Pat Smith, Dake and whom they most likely see as the 4th and 5th (Very debatable spots) best D1 wrestlers. I would then like to, without bias(I know that is very hard to do), make a comparison between Taylor's competition and the other 5's.

I truly am interested to see if Taylor's wins stack up against the Elite 5.

Here is what I have for Dake. If anyone disagrees or notices I missed someone please comment.

1.)Taylor 3x Finalist, 1x Champ, Most likely 4x finalist 2x champ

2.)Taylor: See above

3.)St. John 3x AA, 2x finalist, 1x champ, Most likely 4x AA, 3x finalist, 2x champ.

4.)Molinaro 4x AA, 2x finalist, 1x champ.

5.)Molinaro: See above

6.)Humphrey 3x AA, 1x finalist

7.)Humphrey: See above

8.)Caldwell 3x AA 1x finalist, Most likely 4x AA probable 2x finalist

9.)Caldwell: See above

10.) Marion 3x AA, 2x finalist

The obsession continues. This should be a soap opera with you guys.

Honestly, OWA's response to Dr. Gonzo intrigued me. I am very interested to see how Taylor's top competition stacks up to the top 5 or so. It is not meant as a slam. OWA seemed adamant that Taylor's competition has been much better than he has been given credit for. I would like to see if that is truly the case.

Can someone please list his Top10 COLLEGE FOLKSTYLE wins. I am not interested in or trying to attack Taylor in this thread. He is as good as if not better as Askren was and that puts him as a borderline Top10-Top15 type. However, it seems like a lot on here would put him closer to Top5. I would be interested to see if someone on here can list the Top 10,COLLEGE FOLKSTYLE, wins of Sanderson, Pat Smith, Dake and whom they most likely see as the 4th and 5th (Very debatable spots) best D1 wrestlers. I would then like to, without bias(I know that is very hard to do), make a comparison between Taylor's competition and the other 5's.

I truly am interested to see if Taylor's wins stack up against the Elite 5.

Taylor is a great wrestler; that's all i'll say. I'm not that interested in where he ranks all-time, although there's nothing wrong with trying to figure out where he stands.

I think Taylor is prob the most popular wrestler right now and for good reason. I'd rather see someone pin or tech instead of winning 3-2 and dancing around for 6 1/2 min. i took a friend of mine that grew up in Spain and had little to no idea of college wrestling to the B1G tourney last year and hands down he was the most excited to watch Taylor wrestle.

In fact he still brings it up and still asks about Taylor. I was surprised that Taylor was the most exciting wrestler to him, even though i pointed out other studs like Ruth and the Stieber brothers at the tourney.

He even watched the NCAAs on ESPN for the first time to watch Taylor wrestle. Taylor may not be the best of all time but he sure is entertaining and that's what matters to most viewers.

Here is what I have for Dake. If anyone disagrees or notices I missed someone please comment.

1.)Taylor 3x Finalist, 1x Champ, Most likely 4x finalist 2x champ

2.)Taylor: See above

3.)St. John 3x AA, 2x finalist, 1x champ, Most likely 4x AA, 3x finalist, 2x champ.

4.)Molinaro 4x AA, 2x finalist, 1x champ.

5.)Molinaro: See above

6.)Humphrey 3x AA, 1x finalist

7.)Humphrey: See above

8.)Caldwell 3x AA 1x finalist, Most likely 4x AA probable 2x finalist

9.)Caldwell: See above

10.) Marion 3x AA, 2x finalist

I think this is a stupid argument and it is impossible to compare credentials outside of the weight class. even more ridiculous to try to compare credentials of wrestlers not competing in the same decade. so much has changed over the time period. when guys move weight classes it becomes much easier to defeat more national champions and high place winners. if you are the top guy and move out of the weight class the opportunity is now there for other guys to win the weight. both st john and molinaro won titles directly after dake vacated the weight. it takes nothing away from how good st john and molinaro are, it would just change their credentials if you are only looking at it from on objective perspective. this needs to be a subjective debate and you can argue back and forth for eternity.

MSU-You're not going to get much of an answer man because if you do it's going to mirror what I've said. I think it's funny how much it KILLS these guys if you question Taylor's competition. Anyway, I could care less what some guy from Ohio thinks about some kid who comes from Ohio or what he thinks of my opinion of said Ohio kid. Not the first or last time someone's called me names on this board and it won't be the last time someone calls me names on this board for questioning Taylor's quality of wins. I've even said a hundred times it's not Taylor's fault. He can only tech the guy in front of him.

I'll give it a try, off the top of my head:

Taylor quality wins:

Fittery

DSJ

Caldwell

Evans

Welch?

Kokesh

Abdurakhmanov

Dake quality wins: (not as familiar with Dake)

Reece Humphrey?

Montell Marion

Taylor

Molinaro

Don Vinson?

Caldwell

DSJ

that's all i can think of and prob missed a lot. Dake has the more impressive list.

David Taylor

Great Student

Great Wrestler

4 Time Big10 Champion (will be soon)

2 Time NCAA Champion (will be soon)

2 Time Hodge Winner (will be soon)

Top 2 or 3 ALL TIME team points scored at NCAA Championships

Has SUPER HOT Girlfriend. SUPER SUPER HOT!

The Young Guns around here want to come to Penn State to be the NEXT David Taylor!

:)

MSU - Here's a question in your question:

Should St. John win NCAAs this season (I believe Dieringer is going to win 157 and move up to 165 next year - but I digress), will he be the 1st Iowa 2 time champ to not win a Team Championship since Coach Gable started the Iowa tradition?

Actually, here's a 2nd question:

If Penn State wins again, and David Taylor manages to win 165, will he be only the 2nd 4 time finalist to win 4 Team Championships along with Duane Goldman?

I think this is a stupid argument and it is impossible to compare credentials outside of the weight class. even more ridiculous to try to compare credentials of wrestlers not competing in the same decade.

Of course its a stupid argument. You are obviously correct in your point of view.

Dake had one bonus-point win in four years over a wrestler who was an all-American at some point in his career. That was an 8-0 victory over Steve Santos of Columbia in 2010.Santos finished 3rd two seasons later.

Taylor has seven major decisions, two tech falls and four pins over all-Americans so far in his career.

So one way "Taylor's top 10 wins compare to the likes of Dake": They were much more dominant and scored a lot more points for his team.

By the way, there is some overlap in opponents there ... Dake is 4-0 with four regular decisions against St. John, Caldwell and Walter Peppleman of Harvard. Taylor is 5-0 against the same trio, but he has three major decisions

Then clearly Taylor is the better wrestler.

I think this is a stupid argument and it is impossible to compare credentials outside of the weight class. even more ridiculous to try to compare credentials of wrestlers not competing in the same decade.

Of course its a stupid argument. You are obviously correct in your point of view.

Too funny! I asked a QUESTION, and at NO TIME posed an argument. I asked this question due to OWA taking offense to attacks on Taylor's level of competition. I gave you the opportunity to point out where these attacks were wrong.

Is it a stupid question, that you call an argument, because you don't like the answer? Again it was a SIMPLE question that at most called for a COMPARISON in which I POSED NO ARGUMENT.........

Has SUPER HOT Girlfriend. SUPER SUPER HOT!

In the end, that's all that matters. Do you have proof you can link to?

They don't need to be posted here but if you look at his twitter you can see. Taylor with the TF in under 2mins in the hot gf department. lol

By the way, there is some overlap in opponents there ... Dake is 4-0 with four regular decisions against St. John, Caldwell and Walter Peppleman of Harvard. Taylor is 5-0 against the same trio, but he has three major decisions

What we know for sure is if the two were to wrestle in folkstyle Taylor would win. We know this because Tigs told us multiple times. Dake might win in freestyle with a lucky pin but Taylor wins easy in folkstyle according to Tigsy. Thanks to Tigs we also know that Retherford would ride Tony Ramos right out of the gym and Quintin Wright is the future of USA wrestling. Tigs knows a lot about wrestling.

I believe Taylor's girlfriend is Jimmy Kennedy's sister. That's kind of cool I suppose. I'll agree that she is a good looking girl. I don't think Taylor has the hottest girlfriend I've ever seen though. Bring on the challenge to that you Ohio Wrestling ba***rd!!!

ok, i will bite into the irrelevant comparison of best wins, mostly because i am bored tonight. i will list the AA's taylor and dake wrestled in their career. to act like this comparison is not to build an argument to prove a point is ridiculous. i didnt follow in the other thread and don't really care to. here are the numbers; draw your own conclusion. you would expect in the next few years both guys are going to add to their totals because i counted guys who were AA at some point in their career, not just before they met or even in the same year. taylor will end up with more matches against AA's in his career. here is were the objectivity stops and you start comparing what AA is better than the other AA. is a senior fittery better than a junior molinaro? is a healthy freshman st john better than a hurt soph st john? is a senior humphrey better than a senior jenkins? is a soph marion better than a senior hatchett? it is impossible to make these comparisons and try to match credentials.

taylor is 24-4 9md 3tf 6 falls

dake was 27-4 3md 1 fall

taylor

moreno w md

1-0 1 md

dake l dec

dake l 2-3

caldwell w md

polz w dec

polz w md

yates w fall

polz w fall

dake l dec

5-3 2 md 2 falls

yohn w tf

yates w fall

hatchett w dec

yohn w fall

evans w dec

kokesh w md

polz w md

evans w md

kokesh w fall

abdurakmonov w fall

hatchett w tf

11-0 3md 2tf 4falls

peppelman w md

sponseller w md

st john w md

st john w dec

bonin w tf

st john w dec

fittery w dec

jenkins l fall

7-1 3md 1tf

dake

taylor w dec

caldwell w dec

sulzer w fall

taylor w dec

sulzer w md

caldwell w dec

taylor w dec

7-0 1 md 1 fall

moore w md

alton w dec

moreno w dec

peppelman w dec

sanjaa w dec

st john w dec

6-0 1 md

santos w md

molinaro w dec

vinson l dec

levalley l dec

parks w dec

sanjaa w dec

molinaro w dec

5-2 1 md

krom w dec

bailey w dec

humphrey l dec

bailey l dec

thorn w dec

humphrey w dec

krom w dec

kemmerer w dec

kemmerer w dec

humphrey w dec

marion w dec

9-2

Oh .... That's what he meant by "how do their top 10 wins compare." I thought he meant "how do their top 10 wins compare."

Oh .... That's what he meant by "how do their top 10 wins compare." I thought he meant "how do their top 10 wins compare."

Lol, now your response is entertaining. I have been thinking the same thing with every response written. I listed Dake's TOP10 the way I see it. That format pretty much, Actually EXACTLY, shows what I was asking for. I guess no one liked the WAY I asked the question and it was turned into an argument and then morphed into listing who they wrestled their WHOLE career.

apparently you weren't happy with how the comparison of AA's wrestled turned out, so you had to act like I was doing something wrong by making that list. the list is done for you. you can subjectively pick taylor's 10 best wins from the guys he has wrestled that were AA's. once you have the 10 picked; you can post the list, compare, and be happy that you proved someone on another thread was a moron. not that you were trying to prove your side of the argument, you were just curious to compare wins.