Sign in to follow this  
TBar1977

Nice match Iowa

Iowa looked horrible If you ask me. They looked very poorly coached.

Give them a break, they lost a few close ones and they were way over matched in some others. Moore improved his stalling technique, so they are getting better in some areas. :D

Iowa looked horrible If you ask me. They looked very poorly coached.

Give them a break, they lost a few close ones and they were way over matched in some others. Moore improved his stalling technique, so they are getting better in some areas. :D

Haha. :)

Gilman wrestled a tough match against a 2 time finalist. He and Ramos were tyring to set a tone.

Jeva too. He didn't wrestle a bad match at all, he just couldn't get out from bottom. Welcome to Zain's world, Josh.

I think Minnesota is going to hammer them.

Gilman wrestled a tough match against a 2 time finalist. He and Ramos were tyring to set a tone.

Where was Clark? Did anyone else hear Brands say that Gilman was the right choice tonight given the one hour weigh in? Or was it just me?

Seriously, nice match. You guys put up a good fight. Maybe not Moore and Lofthouse, but the other 8 guys fought hard.

Not blatantly patronizing

Tbar thinks he wrestled other posters tonight.

Seriously, nice match. You guys put up a good fight. Maybe not Moore and Lofthouse, but the other 8 guys fought hard.

Ya' got me. Hey, if this place wasn't Penn State Bashing Central maybe I wouldn't have done it. But guilty as charged. The post was totally patronizing.

Ya' got me. Hey, if this place wasn't Penn State Bashing Central maybe I wouldn't have done it. But guilty as charged. The post was totally patronizing.

I hope you don't wonder why this place is"Penn State Bashing Central"

I hope you don't wonder why this place is"Penn State Bashing Central"

I know why it is Penn State Central Bashing. The room is filled with misguided upset Iowa fans mixed in with a few others who are upset at Penn State's dominance and take it out on the few of us Penn State fans who support our program.

You'll say we have it coming to us because of (fill in the blank). It is what it is. I know, we think wrestling became a sport three years ago. Got it.

I don't hate Penn State because they have won 3 titles in a row. I hate Penn State because of their self righteous coach that consistently puts himself above the sport...and his loyal disciples that think he does no wrong. Yeah, I'll pass on that garbage.

I don't hate Penn State because they have won 3 titles in a row. I hate Penn State because of their self righteous coach that consistently puts himself above the sport...and his loyal disciples that think he does no wrong. Yeah, I'll pass on that garbage.

In what way does Cael consistently put himself above the sport?

I am a huge PSU fan and for the most part I like Cael as a coach. He seems like a decent person who loves wrestling and his team.

What I do not get with him is what he has said now two dual meet matches in a row at post match interviews. Basically after Zain beat Stieber in the most electric exciting match I ever witnessed, he wants to move on and say it's over with right after the dual. Like damn enjoy the moment a little, especially let your young TF enjoy his day in the sun. After all it is just wrestling, you ARE actually supposed to have fun and enjoy your victories. He said basically the same thing post Iowa last night. Something like it's in the past already, the match JUST ended! Just my opinion.

I am a huge PSU fan and for the most part I like Cael as a coach. He seems like a decent person who loves wrestling and his team.

What I do not get with him is what he has said now two dual meet matches in a row at post match interviews. Basically after Zain beat Stieber in the most electric exciting match I ever witnessed, he wants to move on and say it's over with right after the dual. Like damn enjoy the moment a little, especially let your young TF enjoy his day in the sun. After all it is just wrestling, you ARE actually supposed to have fun and enjoy your victories. He said basically the same thing post Iowa last night. Something like it's in the past already, the match JUST ended! Just my opinion.

I agree. He has the personality of a door knob. Terrible public speaker too. That said, he is on his way to becoming one of the best coaches ever, so it's hard to complain if you're a fan.

​I think Cael just wants to keep his star true freshman on a humble path, to keep him working hard toward perfection and not let him get too cocky like rich kid DF was during his run for the state championship.

Right after the match happens, it's in the past. Cael wants his team to peak at nationals; a dual win, though nice, is meaningless in the grand scheme of things. Although I disagree that you are "supposed to have fun" on the mat or after victories, what makes you think that they aren't having fun? The fun could have been in the moment it was happening. That doesn't necessarily have to carry over to after the match.

If I am reading you right, you

1) Hate Cael because he promotes the sport of wrestling

2) Hate Cael's fans, which is pretty much everyone who supports Penn State wrestling

At least you are upfront about your hatred. You got that going for you. :D

Chasden, don't be fooled by Cael's post game comments. The whole Penn State wrestling program is about having fun, and the boys do have fun. Cael's just not an effusive self promoter, so asking him to get all demonstrative and giddy isn't going to happen. When he's with his guys its a different story.

Another poster had commented about Iowa's lack of leg attacks, but I can't find it to +1 it. PSU had some very effective stuff, even beyond Ruth and Taylor. It seemed like PSU pushed the action and Iowa just pushed. Iowa certainly is not a team that is going to beat PSU.