Sign in to follow this  
TBar1977

Nice match Iowa

I think most of the heat Iowa is taking today is fair. You get your a** kicked you deserve to get it rubbed in. But like I said in another post, I don't think Iowa did anything bad per se. For example, If the Chiefs go to Denver and play a good game and get beat because Denver is simply better, there is not much for me to get upset about or cry about. Penn St. is quite a bit better than Iowa and they showed it. I expect about the same difference in teams come the end of the season personally. Iowa deserves to get made fun of today, but I don't think they did a whole lot wrong. Ramos got the fall, Telford won, DSJ owned, I didn't expect anyone else to win. This doesn't bother me at all, like, say, Ramos losing earlier this season did. All you can do is your best, if you're outclassed ala Chefs/Broncos, then you're outclassed.

I think most of the heat Iowa is taking today is fair. You get your a** kicked you deserve to get it rubbed in. But like I said in another post, I don't think Iowa did anything bad per se. For example, If the Chiefs go to Denver and play a good game and get beat because Denver is simply better, there is not much for me to get upset about or cry about. Penn St. is quite a bit better than Iowa and they showed it. I expect about the same difference in teams come the end of the season personally. Iowa deserves to get made fun of today, but I don't think they did a whole lot wrong. Ramos got the fall, Telford won, DSJ owned, I didn't expect anyone else to win. This doesn't bother me at all, like, say, Ramos losing earlier this season did. All you can do is your best, if you're outclassed ala Chefs/Broncos, then you're outclassed.

I agree to a point. If I were an Iowa fan, I would be disappointed with 149 (you can't lose that one in CHA) and disappointed with 174 (he seemed mentally defeated from the get-go). Other than those two, I agree that there was nothing to shocking that took place. Was anybody REALLY surprised by the takedown differential?

23, I would think some Iowa fans would be surprised by the magnitude of the win, if not the win itself. They didn't used to think Cael could keep up the pace with stud after stud recruit, but I think this is changing into a realization that he can.

I think Cael and PSU are unbeatable with Taylor and Ruth. Next year will be different as Minny Northwestern,Ohio State,Oklahoma State, will be contenders also with a good chance of winning the title. I see a changing of the guard in the midwest with Ohio State and Northwestern overtaking Iowa. Both those teams(Ohio State and Northwestern are regional training centers) and are loaded with good recruits, great coaches, and title contenders. Iowa loses three of their main NCAA point getters this year to graduation.

I think Cael and PSU are unbeatable with Taylor and Ruth. Next year will be different as Minny Northwestern,Ohio State,Oklahoma State, will be contenders also with a good chance of winning the title. I see a changing of the guard in the midwest with Ohio State and Northwestern overtaking Iowa. Both those teams(Ohio State and Northwestern are regional training centers) and are loaded with good recruits, great coaches, and title contenders. Iowa loses three of their main NCAA point getters this year to graduation.

I agree. Ohio State and Northwestern are going to be very serious challengers with Minnesota and Penn State and Okie State. Iowa could seriously be trying to compete for 5th.

Here are my thoughts that I posted in another thread:

I don't know what was up with Iowa tonight. We looked like we were afraid to lose or afraid we were going to give up bonus points. I'd rather see 165, 184, and 197 get pinned rather than that crap we saw tonight. Ramos and St. John looked good as usual, but everyone else looked flat. It will help if Clark can get his weight under control, and we can get Burak back. We really needed those two tonight. PSU looked great. Congrats on the win.

23, I would think some Iowa fans would be surprised by the magnitude of the win, if not the win itself. They didn't used to think Cael could keep up the pace with stud after stud recruit, but I think this is changing into a realization that he can.

Only the unrealistic ones. The realists probably thought it should have been a bit closer, but they didn't expect to win it, as the good Dr. has stated. They hoped, sure, but didn't expect it. Mega, Retherford, DT, Brown, Ruth and MM were too much to overcome...then Beitz just throws gas on the fire. Kudos to Cael and Brands (and all involved) for making it happen. I make no grand statements about the future; just enjoying the here and now.

Only the unrealistic ones. The realists probably thought it should have been a bit closer, but they didn't expect to win it, as the good Dr. has stated. They hoped, sure, but didn't expect it. Mega, Retherford, DT, Brown, Ruth and MM were too much to overcome...then Beitz just throws gas on the fire. Kudos to Cael and Brands (and all involved) for making it happen. I make no grand statements about the future; just enjoying the here and now.

A very honest and accurate assessment I think. Congrats to Penn State for a resounding win.

The Iowa era is over!the king is dead,long live the new king! The only way Iowa ever recovers is if they offer Cael a two million dollar contract! They won't contend for the next three years at least. Look at who Ohio State,PSU,and Northwestern have coming in next year,along with stalwarts Minnesota and Okey State! No way can they win an NCAA title in the next three to four years! No way!

The Iowa era is over!the king is dead,long live the new king! The only way Iowa ever recovers is if they offer Cael a two million dollar contract! They won't contend for the next three years at least. Look at who Ohio State,PSU,and Northwestern have coming in next year,along with stalwarts Minnesota and Okey State! No way can they win an NCAA title in the next three to four years! No way!

I think this kind of stuff is more than fair to say. When you get your butt kicked this kind of talk is normal. We are getting exactly what we deserve for getting hammered. However, I don't agree with this kind of talk and as a hardcore Iowa fan I simply don't think it's panic time. Penn St. did exactly what I expected them to do, Iowa did exactly what I expected them to do, and I like the talent Iowa has in the room and has coming in. I really don't think it's time to panic or cry the king is dead. That's just my opinion though and Smokeyjoe and others saying these kinds of things is more than fair. I think it will end up being nothing more than hyperbole though. Cool thing is we get to find out who's right.