Sign in to follow this  
Flying-Tiger

Penn State 24 Iowa 12

If Beitz is looking into his future, he'll work to gain some size. Kind of like Zilverberg. PSU might need him at 157 in a couple years.

In two year's it may be Nolf and Beitz going at it. Nolf's dad is reportedly a big guy, so maybe Nolf keeps growing into that spot. That kid is SCARY good too.

So I have watched the PIAA state championships for a bunch of years now. Beitz won the 145 pound AA title as a senior. I mainly remember watching him in the finals as freshman at 113, I was rooting against him because he was going against a local guy from my area. He ended up losing that day and taking second place, I remember watching looking how lanky and skinny he was.

I just looked up his bracket from 2009.

-Laike Gardner from Lehigh who Zain beat a few weeks ago was in the bracket.

-Mason Beckman from Lehigh. Beitz beat him in the quarters.

-Luke Frey current PSU wrestler( I think still). Beitz beat him in the semi's.

-Geoff Alexander from Maryland. He pinned Gulibon for 3rd place at Binghampton open.

It was nice rooting for him last night while watching on TV with my two boys, even though I was hoping they would send Alton out. Beitz shows some promise and I hope he can get a spot next year.

Flying-Tiger, I understand you're high on McIntosh, understandably so. But, I wouldn't read too much into it. Brands said afterwards that Brooks will be at 184 at Midlands, so he really is a backup 184. Anyone of the top 8 or so guys at 197 could win it this year.

I agree with this, except Brooks had 3 1-point losses heading into this match, and Gadson (Iowa St.), the number 3 or 4 guy in the country, only beat him 3-2...at 197! I'll go with cautious optimism myself, but MM is looking as good as anyone in the country. Should be a fun Scuffle, with Meeks, Gadson, Schiller, and MM all there,

I was out with a female. It is Saturday night. I left immediately after the 141 match, but I followed along on Twitter. Sounded to me like Penn State just flat outwrestled Iowa in the majority of the remaining matches.

Sounds like a fun date. You drag her to a wrestling match, then stare at your phone the rest of the night.

I dragged her to a bar for some drinks and good times. I checked in the restroom or very quickly. You may notice by the time of my post it couldn't have been all bad...