Sign in to follow this  
djd5391

Iowa Rivals site

Just checked out the Iowa rivals page, and i have never seen a bigger group of excuse makers in my life. Not a single one of them will flat out admit that they got outwrestled by Penn State. It is actually kind of sad. :lol:

Is it any different than all the PSU fans last year who wouldn't let themselves come to the conclusion that Dake was really just better than Taylor? Fans often deny the blatantly obvious. Unfortunately, this is nothing new.

You think Marine...LOL!!!

Iowa fans needn't be churlish just yet. Remember, Iowa beat Penn State in the dual last season (and back in 2011). Penn State went on to win the NCAA tourney both seasons. Perhaps Iowa flips the results like the Nits did!

Just checked out the Iowa rivals page, and i have never seen a bigger group of excuse makers in my life. Not a single one of them will flat out admit that they got outwrestled by Penn State. It is actually kind of sad. :lol:

I actually just read some of the threads over there and they are in full "admission" mode right now. They are being harder on their wrestlers right now than they are on ours.

Iowa fans are ready to run Kelly out of town on a rail. Hope that kid survives the night.

Iowa fans needn't be churlish just yet. Remember, Iowa beat Penn State in the dual last season (and back in 2011). Penn State went on to win the NCAA tourney both seasons. Perhaps Iowa flips the results like the Nits did!

Where are they going to get the offense? Brands doesn't seem to have any answers, so where? Maybe they can talk Gable out of retirement.

You think Marine...LOL!!!

No, I just didn't want lasting bitterness over Christmas for them!

I actually think the board was in deeper meltdown mode on January 20th, 2012 when Iowa got thumped by Ohio State. This was uninspired performancewise, but I wouldn't say it was entirely unexpected. There wasn't any result that can be taken in isolation in tonight's dual and think "my god, that shouldn't have happened" the way Garcia beating Evans did on that snowy night in Columbus.

...Nonetheless, Tigs, Mopar, TBar, Marine, Ski... As soon as DT and the truth graduate, we're going to beat you all up.

madcat - that very well could be (although Taylor has already graduated), but when Ruth and Taylor are gone after this season, so are Ramos, DSJ and Lofthouse from Iowa City.

From last nights dual that's 9 of Iowa's points and only 8 of Penn State's.

the way Garcia beating Evans did on that snowy night in Columbus.

Sweet, sweet memories.

Nonetheless, Tigs, Mopar, TBar, Marine, Ski... As soon as DT and the truth graduate, we're going to beat you all up.

I hope you guys give it your best shot, and I hope our guys respond in kind.

I guess I'm in the minority here but I really don't see why people think Penn St is going to fall apart when Taylor and Ruth graduate. I understand how amazing those two are and how many bonus points they account for, but take a look at Penn St lineup next year.

125: a senior Megaludis, already a 2x finalist who has improved a ton every year, should be even better next year. 133: Guilibon or Conaway, both a year older, 141: a sophomore Retherford, who is already tearing it up, 49 and 57: a healthy and focused pair of Alton's in their senior year, 174: Matt Brown, look how much he has improved, he has widened the gap on most the guys at 74 and Howe n Perry will be gone next year, 197: a junior Mcintosh who has improved a ton and looks to be a national title threat this year, let alone how good he'll be next year, and Lawson who looks to be close to AA this year and should have a great chance to be on the podium next year. 65 and 84 will be weaker, but no worse then having Pearsall or Martellotti in the lineup in recent years.

I'm more interested in how they do after they graduate 5 starters in 2015. Will stud recruits like Nolf, Nickal and Nevills step in and pick up where the others left off? Will either Conaway or Guilbon drop to 25 and have an impact?

That is simply not true. I saw few if any excuses. If you expected praise there, however, then you went to the wrong board.

Posters from Hawkeye Report sent 185 kids and chaperones to the meet Saturday and will be sending at least one kids' wrestling club, middle school team or youth group to every remaining meet this season. Their actions speak more to their love of the sport than do opinions expressed on the internet.