Sign in to follow this  
SetonHallPirate

An open note to Cael and Tom...

On behalf of the wrestling community, thank you for knowing how important it was to everybody involved to schedule and wrestle this dual.

-SHP

Wait a second, SHP. You don't speak for everyone. :)

He does when he's trying to push his agenda!

:D

Safe travels SHP - you put in lots of appreciated work!

On behalf of the wrestling community, thank you for knowing how important it was to everybody involved to schedule and wrestle this dual.

-SHP

In this case, I feel pretty confident in saying that I do.

Not everyone SHP. I know some who are very unhappy about the dual. Trust me.

In this case, I feel pretty confident in saying that I do.

The people who's graduation got moved, or the people who's women's basketball game got moved?

The people who's graduation got moved, or the people who's women's basketball game got moved?

The people who were watching on BTN that were missing the action when the cameras continued to show the coaches instead of the action!

Or scanning the crowd, I agree with that.

The people who were watching on BTN that were missing the action when the cameras continued to show the coaches instead of the action!

Or scanning the crowd, I agree with that.

I couldn't tell you...I wasn't watching on BTN.

-SHP

dual was fantastic. just finished watching on dvr. ive watched 3 PSU duals on tv this year and theyve all been great. if youre agenda is pushing more big time duals then i am 100% behind your agenda. please continue!

-SHP

dual was fantastic. just finished watching on dvr. ive watched 3 PSU duals on tv this year and theyve all been great. if youre agenda is pushing more big time duals then i am 100% behind your agenda. please continue!

I wouldn't say it's "pushing my agenda", rather I'd say what's good for the sport. In fact, I'd argue that more big-time duals would probably be least beneficial and most harmful to me, because I definitely couldn't catch as many teams or as much wrestling as I do now, but I think it's what's good for the sport, and attendance numbers support my conclusion.

-SHP

I wouldn't say it's "pushing my agenda", rather I'd say what's good for the sport. In fact, I'd argue that more big-time duals would probably be least beneficial and most harmful to me, because I definitely couldn't catch as many teams or as much wrestling as I do now, but I think it's what's good for the sport, and attendance numbers support my conclusion.

oh yeah i gotcha - i was facetiously copying a previous poster (all in good fun). :) college sports are best when they involve team rivalries, and no better way to do that than with duals!

I did not have a dog in this fight, per se', as I really can't stand either team, but I agree with SHP that this was a great dual to put on the schedule, and great for wrestling fans. After all was said and done, I am sure that there are many who were not happy with the coverage, or the outcome, or the camera angle, or whatever. But I think that the fact remains that Coach Cael (bone to pick with him) and Coach Tom (never been a fan of that Hawkeye) did what was right for the sport and right for the fans by putting this match on the schedule. SHP was dead on right with this, and that is, unless I am mistaken, his purpose in his opening statement.

If you don't like the outcome, or whatever, I think that you are missing the bigger picture.

Safe travels, SHP! and thanks for your work on behalf of wrestling.

#1 v #3 .. on BTN Live. Couldn't agree more, many thanks to all those involved at Iowa and PSU to make it happen - particularly head coaches Tom and Cael. And also many thanks to the many others behind the scenes who worked to make it happen as well - your efforts are appreciated.