Sign in to follow this  
TBar1977

Matt Brown Named USA Wrestling Wrestler of the Week

oh great. finally the penn state wrestlers are getting some props. thanks i might have missed this on the front page of the website i clicked through to get to this message board.

No one forced you to open the thread. Just giving the guy some props.

oh great. finally the penn state wrestlers are getting some props. thanks i might have missed this on the front page of the website i clicked through to get to this message board.

and getting a dig in on iowa's mike evans. but otherwise a very positive and informative post.

and getting a dig in on iowa's mike evans. but otherwise a very positive and informative post.

Ya' got me. Guilty as charged! :D

Lighten up. Its all in good fun. :D

I was really impressed with Brown at the dual on Saturday. He looks like he's improved a lot since last year (that double in the first was sick) - he might be able to knock off Perry this year, but I don't think he will be able to overcome the force that is Andrew Howe.

On a side note, what was the situation with Evans throwing an elbow at Brown after the match? I've seen several posts on this topic but apparently missed it on Saturday.

I was extremely impressed by Brown as well. He moves very well for a 174 pounder and reacts well when he misses his shot. He's not vulnerable to re-shots and front head locks which is a huge attribute. Too bad that weight class is stacked but I'd imagine Brown will be right there.

I was really impressed with Brown at the dual on Saturday. He looks like he's improved a lot since last year (that double in the first was sick) - he might be able to knock off Perry this year, but I don't think he will be able to overcome the force that is Andrew Howe.

On a side note, what was the situation with Evans throwing an elbow at Brown after the match? I've seen several posts on this topic but apparently missed it on Saturday.

I agree, no one is scoring on Howe but I could see him beating Perry.

He definitely threw in elbow but it wasn't nearly as bad as people made it out to be. It looked like one of those "Get off me the match is over" moves. It wasn't like he was trying to knock him out.

Lighten up. Its all in good fun. :D

no youre right. need to get into the xmas cheer mode. need to get out of the office.

i wouldnt say he threw an elbow. he was shrugging off brown at the end of the match in frustration. wasnt even close to unsportsmanlike in my book.

I agree, it's nice to see a Penn State wrestler finally get some recognition around here.

I pretty much totally agree with your first paragraph. Brown is greatly improved this year but Howe is Howe and he rarely makes a mistake in positioning.

Brown was wrestling hard right up to the final second of the match. I think Evans felt Brown shoved him (which he did shove him) after the final whistle. I think the shove happened just before. Anyway, Evans reacted with the elbow throw which barely missed Brown's chin.

My jabs at Evans had nothing to do with the elbow and everything to do with his remarks last year about not being impressed with Dake and Taylor. A guy says that about two of the best ever and it tends to come back to him. :D

I will take Brown over Howe. Very impressed that Brown keeps improving as time goes on. Are they gonna wrestle before NCAAs? Taylor and Brown are training partners and Taylor wins their matches in the room according to PSU boards but it is close.