Sign in to follow this  
MSU158

Max Bullough vs. Ed Ruth

Here is the chance for all of you college wrestling media haters to sink or swim. Max Bullough of MSU has been suspended from the MSU football team for the BIGGEST game of his career, as a senior no less. So far no specifics, other than exactly what PSU released. He was suspended for breaking team rules. Dantonio has treated the media very similar to how Sanderson did regarding Ruth.

Here is your chance to see how long and how hard the Media pries into the reason why the suspension happened. This gets 50x the national attention that College Wrestling does and there is still no information. Me thinks some of you may owe some much less paid, yet often more dedicated, media sources an apology!

That match wouldn't last one period before Ruth pinned that guy.

That depends on if the match adheres to college wrestling rules. I have learned to never underestimate high level athletes in ANY form of a confrontation when they can bench press 450lb+, squat 600lb+ and standing high jump 3ft.

I would put Ruth up against in pretty much any style conditioning wise alone Bullough would have a hard time going one minute with Ruth all out.

I was thinking more on the lines of WWE or MMA. It is one thing to challenge a linebacker to a wrestling match. I did it before. It is another to expect him to have a clue or, more importantly, any interest in following the rules. The first time a guy that big and strong clubs you in the back of the head you may start to rethink things.

Does this match take place before or after Ruth puts on pads and takes 20-25 hits from Bullough running between imaginary guards & a center, catching swing passes and something over the middle and also picking him up on blitzes/pass coverage?

It's only right if one has to go against the other in his sport...

I would put Ruth up against in pretty much any style conditioning wise alone Bullough would have a hard time going one minute with Ruth all out.

I was thinking more on the lines of WWE or MMA. It is one thing to challenge a linebacker to a wrestling match. I did it before. It is another to expect him to have a clue or, more importantly, any interest in following the rules. The first time a guy that big and strong clubs you in the back of the head you may start to rethink things.

Well WWE is fake so I guess whoever wins this match is whoever the promoters pick and if MMA I have no clue to how tough either of these guys are when getting hit in the face but most likely would put my money on Ruth because of his conditioning and wrestling skills.

Does this match take place before or after Ruth puts on pads and takes 20-25 hits from Bullough running between imaginary guards & a center, catching swing passes and something over the middle and also picking him up on blitzes/pass coverage?

It's only right if one has to go against the other in his sport...

Not sure what right has to do with this at all??? If we are talking wrestling matches I am taking Ruth all day if we are talking playing FB I will take Bullough and if we are talking about Ruth taking on Bullough after they go through a FB practice I will double down on Ruth as again of the conditioning alone factor.

Well WWE is fake so I guess whoever wins this match is whoever the promoters pick and if MMA I have no clue to how tough either of these guys are when getting hit in the face but most likely would put my money on Ruth because of his conditioning and wrestling skills.

When responding to me please read and respond to more than the first sentence. My point of the post was not only that bullough may not follow folk style rules but that he may not follow any rules. He may use WWE style As most non wrestlers do without faking it like the real guys do. In the end when big guys hit you it hurts!

That depends on if the match adheres to college wrestling rules. I have learned to never underestimate high level athletes in ANY form of a confrontation when they can bench press 450lb+, squat 600lb+ and standing high jump 3ft.

LOL. No it doesn't. You can write any rules you want and Ed Ruth will pound the crap out of this guy. Didn't a 150lbs wrestler at Michigan pound the crap out of their starting TE one year?

LOL. No it doesn't. You can write any rules you want and Ed Ruth will pound the crap out of this guy. Didn't a 150lbs wrestler at Michigan pound the crap out of their starting TE one year?

That's not necessarily true. It all depends on the athleticism and natural instincts of the athlete. I've seen more than a few HS football players come in and throw around state champions like rag dolls. I've also seen the smaller wrestlers wear out larger football players. It all depends. I would bet that Ruth would win a confrontation with Bullough, but who knows for sure. Ed may get in on a shot, Bullough may grab him around his waist/chest and slam him directly on his head. When you are dealing with someone much larger who's a lot more powerful, and just as explosive, you never know what can happen.

I have made it pretty obvious that I think Ruth is a beast. However, one hit from a guy that big is called "the great equalizer." I wouldn't bet against Ruth but as Mickey told Rocky before fighting Clubber Lang, "he'll knock you into tomorrow" could aptly fit this scenario.

I say Ruth can take him. Teched in the second period. Anybody who blows .281, eats Taco Bell and can still dominate on the mat gets my vote for "Bad Mo-Fo".

It is my opinion that Cael (Kale?) chose a 1-month suspension because that was how long it would take Ruth to sober up from a 0.281 BAC.

I say Ruth can take him. Teched in the second period. Anybody who blows .281, eats Taco Bell and can still dominate on the mat gets my vote for "Bad Mo-Fo".

It is my opinion that Cael (Kale?) chose a 1-month suspension because that was how long it would take Ruth to sober up from a 0.281 BAC.

Lol, the average person filters roughly .015 from their system per hour. A career alcoholic is closer to.02. So Ruth had alcohol in his system for anywhere from 14 hours to about 18 1/2. I hope he at least got to eat his Taco Bell because jails aren't supposed to let you out until the alcohol has cleared your system. He had to spend longer than most waiting.