Sign in to follow this  
wrestlingnerd

Iowa 125 conundrum

for dual meet season it is the best option to weigh ramos in at 133 but bump him to 141... the only problem he would have in the big ten is steiber, maybe dardanes would have some size on him, but he can certainly hold his own

I am hardly an Iowa insider, but isn't it basically the rule that a guy who can start at a lower weight (like Ramos at 133) should not be asked to go to a higher weight even if his doing so would help the team?

Ramos has an insider track at a title at 133. Why would he even be asked to go to 141, where he would not be the favorite? This is especially true where Ramos will likely wrestle internationally at 133.

Steiner

Maybe Clark suffered the same injury as Caldwell?
Maybe Brands only planned on him wrestling a couple matches and then forfeiting out. That seems to be ok for some programs to do to get guys that are not 100% back into the swing of things to do. I mean they did sit him out against PSU hardly a week ago. And as far as protecting seeds, I think Gilman has been doing a fine job of getting the eventual Iowa 125lber a decent seed.

I would think if Clark is as good as many believe that he should be able to move to 141 and make the line-up. I really think that your going to see coaches that embrace less weight cutting are going to have more success. It is a different time with one or two hour weigh-ins, very different than night before!

Is it really the Iowa way to pull a guy out of the tournament because you think he may lose again. That sure sounds like seed protecting to me. I hope the press calls Brands out on that.

Come on flying tiger you hate the Hawks that bad. Maybe it was or is for the same reason Cale pulled the Altons out after reaching the semis. (know what the reason was but dam you need to get a life)

Comparing with the Altons, really, is Clark coming off shoulder surgery? Also, when did Sanderson ever talk about taking on the best in the universe? There has been no evidence that Clark was injured, none, and Brands should be held accountable for pulling his wrestler just to avoid more losses. It's really pathetic.

Comparing with the Altons, really, is Clark coming off shoulder surgery? Also, when did Sanderson ever talk about taking on the best in the universe? There has been no evidence that Clark was injured, none, and Brands should be held accountable for pulling his wrestler just to avoid more losses. It's really pathetic.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQl6aRcsmPYANOH_-3ReMB7XBS0azR0QWyEFhEgpPJX5SEBq6xJ

I don't hate Iowa but I do have some issues with their hypocrisy.

Now pardon me for not elaborating but I want to watch a replay of Ramos getting stuck :D

Not sure what you're so excited about. This puts the Golden Child Jimmy Gulibon as the guy who got pinned by the guy who got pinned by the guy.

Gillman had a fantastic tournament. I was definitely impressed. As for what Iowa chooses to do with Clark, why would we, as PSU fans care ? Not I or anyone else knows Clark's condition. Maybe he is injured. Maybe he has some other issues going on. I don't care. It is coach Brands job to decide to do what is best for his wrestler.

After this performance, I'd have a hard time starting Clark over Gillman, if I were Tom Brands.

Hey Flying-Tiger, how about you state your opinion and I'll state mine. I never said I was a spokesperson for anyone, and could care less if you approve of my post.

Your responses to Iowa fans, IN MY OPINION, were every bit as obsessive and annoying as SOME of their fans act towards PSU fans. I'll worry about PSU and let Iowa worry about how THEIR coach handles THEIR wrestlers.

"I never said I was a spokesperson for anyone"

You sure acted like it. Isn't this your quote "why would we, as PSU fans care ?" Certainly you understand that we is plural and implies you are speaking for all PSU fans. Why don't you take your own advise or better yet when one of the Iowa contingent starts up with the personal attacks against our coaching staff and wrestlers speak up with that opinion instead of acting like an Uncle Tom Brands Penn State fan.

You sure acted like it. Isn't this your quote "why would we, as PSU fans care ?" Certainly you understand that we is plural and implies you are speaking for all PSU fans. Why don't you take your own advise or better yet when one of the Iowa contingent starts up with the personal attacks against our coaching staff and wrestlers speak up with that opinion instead of acting like an Uncle Tom Brands Penn State fan.

I don't think you are comprehending my statement. I didn't speak for the "we", I simply questioned why "we" would care what Iowa does with their wrestlers. There is a difference. Look, you have your opinion and I have mine, can't we just leave it at that ?

Trust me, I read lots of ridiculous attacks on our coaches and wrestlers. I just choose not to sink to that level, and get into an internet battle with an obsessed adult posting like a child. There are a lot of obsessed anti-PSU posters on this board, but, I get equally embarrassed by some of our own when they act the exact same way as those they are critical of on the other side.

Well you kind of prove my point. You ignore them but go out of your way to express your displeasure with me. That really doesn't make much sense? Fact is I've seen a lot of good Penn State fans driven off this board over the past few years because of these guys so once in a while I like to give them a taste of their own medicine.

Well you kind of prove my point. You ignore them but go out of your way to express your displeasure with me. That really doesn't make much sense? Fact is I've seen a lot of good Penn State fans driven off this board over the past few years because of these guys so once and a while I like to give them a taste of their own medicine.

Fair enough. Perhaps we are both just blowing off steam, as we have to get through another day before watching our boys in the best in-season tournament of the season.

Hey compared to Robin Fickers, I'm an angel, lol. I was waiting for someone in a black and gold shirt to punch him there...... Peace treaty signed.

I've been in gyms / arenas where he was there and I was sitting far away from him. Those were fun. A couple of years ago, we were somewhat close to him at the NWCA and that wasn't as much fun.

Totally uncalled for. I've met many decent Penn State fans who aren't obsessed with hating Iowa. Why you do this I don't know.