Sign in to follow this  
TBar1977

Taylor Walsh Pins Braschetta

Nick Simmons is making a difference in Bloomington.

IU is improving and they wrestle with a more aggressive style than they did prior to Simmons coming aboard (after the departure of Joe Dubuque).

When posters make comparisons of Coaches Goldman and Minkle, they appear to neglect the fact that Goldman is at least trying to change the program and culture at IU (by bringing in Simmons and then LeBlanc - who left for Brown right as the "official" season started, eventually replacing him with Powless).

Minkle is doing the same thing(s) with the same people.

Taylor has always been talented, and extremely funky. He was fun to watch in HS, even a little under appreciated. Very happy to see him doing so well. His brother is off to a nice start at Rider.

I'd guessing this run comes to an end when he meets St. John. St. John is very tough and underrated in my opinion.

He's the returning champ and #1 seed. I don't think anyone is underrating him.

Of course, it would be a long shot for Walsh to pin him and it won't be easy to beat him either.

A lot of people don't pick St. John to repeat as champ and don't think he's the best guy at 157. That's what I think of when someone says St. John is underrated and I agree.

I think the only one that has a chance of beating him at the NCAAs is Dieringer and that's a long-shot.

What about James Green?

And Gonzo, I think most people view him as the best. He was the guy who could hang with Taylor as a freshman, he didn't lose badly to Dake as a sophomore and then he wins it all. Seems to be very strong for a lanky guy.

A lot of people don't pick St. John to repeat as champ and don't think he's the best guy at 157. That's what I think of when someone says St. John is underrated and I agree.

I think the only one that has a chance of beating him at the NCAAs is Dieringer and that's a long-shot.

He had to go into overtime with Isaac Jordan? He is beatable this year. Also of note, he beat Isaiah Martinez by a score of 6-2. Martinez is a true freshman this year and I would say kept it close. St. John is not a lock on the championship this year.

The cool thing is that NJ may have two of the best 157lbrs in college today and they grew up very close to one another in South Jersey. The "not so cool" thing is they may be NJ's best chances for AA's come March.

There's room on the podium for both. Hell, there could be room in the finals for both.