Sign in to follow this  
snapspinscore

Gilman- Your new Iowa 125

I'm a big of Iowa fan as Gonzo, but I would say PSU is definitely loaded with "attacking" style wrestlers. The obvious - DT and Ruth epitomize that. Megaludis, McIntosh and Brown likewise. Altons have had injuries, and some gas tank issues, but they attack and go for big moves.

Something I liked about Gilman: He took Garnett out of bounds and instead of letting Garnett fall or pushing him, he helped Garnett stay on his feet and they both went back to the center.

Then there's Evans. After getting the 1st take down of the match, he and Hughes go out of bounds and the pos throws Hughes ankle in the air and gives him a shove (Hughes was supporting himself on his hands) with Hughes landing off the mat on the hardwood.

At least he didn't try to elbow him...

So let me get this right - Iowa has two guys in their room that have beaten the reigning NCAA champ at 125 (Clark beat Delgado last year)? That flies in the face of the intent of the 9.9 limit on wrestling scholarships. That's an incredible concentration of talent.

An embarrassment of riches.

So let me get this right - Iowa has two guys in their room that have beaten the reigning NCAA champ at 125 (Clark beat Delgado last year)? That flies in the face of the intent of the 9.9 limit on wrestling scholarships. That's an incredible concentration of talent.

An embarrassment of riches.

incredible concentration of talent at 125 doesn't fly in the face of the intent of 9.9 - it is possible to have the nation's 9 best 125s in the same room... how about the rest of the team?

Last post obvious sarcasm.....but equally ridiculous as the PSU "scoring ability" post.

On topic....Gilman has been very impressive. Gotta think he has a legit shot at knocking off anyone in the country this year if he remains the starter over Clark. Havent really seen Clark wrestle.

Last post obvious sarcasm.....but equally ridiculous as the PSU "scoring ability" post.

On topic....Gilman has been very impressive. Gotta think he has a legit shot at knocking off anyone in the country this year if he remains the starter over Clark. Havent really seen Clark wrestle.

Yeah because PSU isnt known for their obvious offensive advantages right now or anything. :roll: :roll:

Keep on hatin.

Yeah because PSU isnt known for their obvious offensive advantages right now or anything. :roll: :roll:

Keep on hatin.

Not sure what you're talking about. I'm a big PSU fan and agree that they are now known for their scoring prowess. I was mocking Otis Cambell for his dumb post insinuating that they werent.

I think that Penn State up and down the line-up truly has and has had in the last few years a team that is constantly attacking - more than any other team. Minnesota, Iowa, Oklahoma State, Ohio State, and Illinois in the past few years (and historical) had plenty of guys with constant offense, but no full line-up can compare to the way Penn State consistently attacks and gets on the legs. I am an Iowa fan, but they do do a lot of pushing and shoving, while Penn State creates a lot more angles.