Sign in to follow this  
cornercoach

133 midlands

Guy is a (sorta) come out of nowhere stud, and it is way cool he kicked Ramos butt before the pin..... but it is December and this happens every year. I bet by time the grind of DI wrestling kicks in things start to settle down and the proven high AA studs start to reassert themselves.

Just sayin'.

But as this tournament shows, that is why they actually wrestle the matches.

I remember watching Colon a couple of years ago at NCAA's and being impressed by his tenacity. I watched him at Cliff Keene, and even though he lost a great match to DiJulius, I was impressed with his style. He had DiJulius very close to going over in the cow catcher at the end of that semi-final. I then watched him absolutely destroy Mark Grey in the consy final.

All of that said, I didn't expect him to handle Ramos like that. Like others had said, he was controlling the match prior to sticking him. The cow catcher became the cow catchee. :) I don't know if he will beat Ramos again, but, I hope they meet up, as it will be a great match-up of two similar styled 133 pounders.

Colon looked like a huge 133lber. May want to catch him in the quarters at NCAAs.

Colon has looked great in meets also this year. If the one hour weigh-in isnt hurting I think he will be able to handle that. But i guess we will see

Colon looked like a huge 133lber. May want to catch him in the quarters at NCAAs.

Colon has looked great in meets also this year. If the one hour weigh-in isnt hurting I think he will be able to handle that. But i guess we will see

I think he blanked Graff 6-0, and I wouldn't be against him in a rematch with DiJulius. A rematch between he and Ramos would be fun.

Two years ago Colon hammered Devin Carter then lost to him in R12 at the NCAA. NIU has to prove they will be in top form at the NCAAs, so far that hasn't happened.

NIU = Northern Illinois University.

UNI = University of Northern Iowa.

Colon wrestles for UNI...