Sign in to follow this  
MSU158

Oh boy, ban basketball be tough to live with on this board!

thats what you chose to comment on first? sounded like a joke to me anyway.

What would his "joke" be then, aside from somehow trying to insinuate that I don't support UNI coaches?

this sounds like a fun conversation!

there is a joke in that comment as well! try to use context clues to figure it out!

I never called anything. As the thread below will show, I simply said that Colon is one of a handful who I believe could/can/will beat Ramos, when some felt otherwise.

I CALLED nothing, and it shouldn't be thought of as such.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=235863

Have a feelin old ban basketball may be coming around to Schwab!

When Schwab, Popolizzi (or whatever NC State's coach's name is), and Bono were finalists for the UNI job I was asked on a local radio call in show who I preferred of the three. My answer, you ask? Schwab. So, I "came around" to Schwab even before he was hired.

I'd beg for you to find a comment that I've made anywhere that says anything otherwise.

Relax Ban....I'm a Schwab fan....loved how UNI wrestled @ the 2013 NCAA's and commented last spring:

mcm2 wrote:Ban.... As a UNI guy you must like to see the intensity your team wrestles with....no? I'm not counting AA's....I talking about the willingness to compete and fight.

Sure, but I'm one of only 100 or so hard core, through thick and thin UNI fans that always felt that we had that, even during the "lean" years. Schwab has definitely been able to bring in recruits, the rest has yet to be determined. All of the guys wrestling this weekend were Penrith recruits, and likely would have accomplished what they are accomplishing today with penrith in the corner. Their talent doesn't change because of a coach.

Not exactly a ringing endorsement.

mcm2,

Nor is it a ringing condemnation, and I resent that you're somehow trying to imply as such.

My statement above simply says that Schwab is doing a good job so far, and the rest will yet to be determined down the road.

If you're trying to imply that I don't root for UNI, regardless of coach or wrestler that we have, then you haven't been paying attention.

from what I have read so far,

ban basketball's IQ is about 115-118

Jaroslav's IQ is 95-105 give and take a points or 2

Vak Attack's IQ is 112-115

solid analysis but why wouldnt you just expand the range you gave for my IQ by 1 or 2 points on either bound?

not sure if you intend to inject humor into your posts. If so, then -2 for bad humor. If not, then IQ goes up by 1

from what I have read so far,

ban basketball's IQ is about 115-118

Jaroslav's IQ is 95-105 give and take a points or 2

Vak Attack's IQ is 112-115

solid analysis but why wouldnt you just expand the range you gave for my IQ by 1 or 2 points on either bound?

not sure if you intend to inject humor into your posts. If so, then -2 for bad humor. If not, then IQ goes up by 1

oh ok, cool thanks for the explanation. and if had to rate your personality from what i've read you score an A+! youre super fun and the life of the party, i can tell!

happy new year!

Good call, Colon is like glue when he is on top, not sure why anyone would WANT to go underneath

Ramos never got the chance.

Incorrect. Ramos escaped from him without too much difficulty. However, he got DOMINATED in the ties and looked like a deer in the headlights whenever Colon snapped him down in neutral.

I'm not sure what to think about Colon... whatever he changed between Vegas and Midlands, it's working.

He's got the talent to be the champ in this weight class, I'm not sure he's solid enough in every position to make the serious run in March though.

He only lost one match in Vegas, where he also tech falled Grey.

I'm not sure what to think about Colon... whatever he changed between Vegas and Midlands, it's working.

He's got the talent to be the champ in this weight class, I'm not sure he's solid enough in every position to make the serious run in March though.

He only lost one match in Vegas, where he also tech falled Grey.

I know, and DiJulius obviously has an unconventional style which tends to cause problems for first time opponents. He also had a 1-0 decision over Vinnie Dellafave prior to the loss, though, which might be a bit more telling of his form at that time. Then he dismantled Grey in the 3/4 match and now he knocks off Graff Schopp and Ramos, in a row.

I wasn't meaning to bash him, although it might have come across that way. He can clearly beat everyone in the weight class... I just think he has looked weak at times in a few positions that someone with a proper gameplan might be able to exploit at the end of the season.

I never called anything. As the thread below will show, I simply said that Colon is one of a handful who I believe could/can/will beat Ramos, when some felt otherwise.

I CALLED nothing, and it shouldn't be thought of as such.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=235863

Very modest. But you get credit for bringing Colon to the top of the discussion. I didn't think Ramos was unbeatable, but I did not think he would get handled like he was. Great match by Colon.