Sign in to follow this  
rwalkowiak1

Michigan 125

I noticed that backup Sean Boyle took 5th, while starter Conor Youtsey took 7th. They both wrestled a common opponent. Boyle beat Deutsch 7-1, and Deutsch pinned Youtsey. I wonder whether McFarland will now start the RS senior over the RS freshman.

Deutsch didn't pin Youtsey, he won 4-1. But you bring up a good point. Obviously Boyle is a quality wrestler. Wouldn't be surprised if they have another wrestle-off in the room this week. Good problem to have for Michigan. They're finally starting to build some nice depth on their roster.

I'm rooting for Boyle to not only secure the spot but to become an AA.

Sean is a great kid who has worked his a** off the past 4 years beating many ranked wrestlers (Brad Pataky, David Thorn, Nikko Triggas, Steve Mitchoff, others) and getting to the round of 12 twice and B1G top 4 twice.

Don't know much about Youtsey except hes got to be damn tough to beat Boyle more than once in wrestle offs and place at Midlands.

Boyle made round of 12 once, in 2011. Hopefully he does enough to win his spot back. I enjoyed watching him when he was in Mass, was disappointed when he lost his spot. Hopefully that gave him enough extra motivation to not only get it back but to make the podium!