Sign in to follow this  
LongShot

Dake/Taylor score prediction

I've always though DT would beat Dake in folkstyle. After re-watching some matches of the two over the past two years, I no longer think that. Here's how I see the match going:

First period: Taylor gets in, Dake defends, Taylor gets in, Dake defends. No score unless DT forces something and Dake capitalizes.

Second period: DT gets ridden hard, comes close to getting out but never does. Stall call against Dake, RT 2:00.

Third period: Dake chooses neutral. DT gets in couple more times, can't finish, forces a shot. Gives up a late TD.

3-0 Dake. Hopefully we get to see at least one insane scramble.

I've always though DT would beat Dake in folkstyle. After re-watching some matches of the two over the past two years, I no longer think that. Here's how I see the match going:

First period: Taylor gets in, Dake defends, Taylor gets in, Dake defends. No score unless DT forces something and Dake capitalizes.

Second period: DT gets ridden hard, comes close to getting out but never does. Stall call against Dake, RT 2:00.

Third period: Dake chooses neutral. DT gets in couple more times, can't finish, forces a shot. Gives up a late TD.

3-0 Dake. Hopefully we get to see at least one insane scramble.

I have a really really realllllllyy hard time picturing Taylor being shut out, by anyone.

Onto a prediction. I see it one of two ways.

1) Taylor wins something like 9-6 (fairly high scoring)

2) Dake wins something like 3-2 (fairly low scoring)

But man, what a great buzz this is generating! I wish some of the mainstream media would tap into this one!

Be careful what you ask for. It has been our experience that this invites a 3 week tape delay with a blackout of other coverage.

Dake 4-3 with Taylor furiously trying for takedown at the buzzer, the crowd going wild, the intensity at an epic level, everyone standing up cheering and yelling, and Dake holds him off for the close win. *If they wrestle multiple times this season I'd probably pick Taylor to get at least one, it could be this one, no one knows.

P.S.-Tigs-I like your breakdown, you're not all bad.

Dake has never lost to a PSU wrestler in college. I think he holds a 5-0 record vs them

Scores

James English 4-0

Frank Molinaro 1-0

Frank Molinaro 8-1

Last Season

James Volrath 6-0

Dylan Alton 3-0

Pretty sure Dake will try to win this one low scoring he is very comfortable in that style of matchup.

My opinion its a 50/50 tossup time will tell.

First Period: Dake takedown, Taylor Reversal, Dake Escape. 2-3

Second Period: Dake Escape, Taylor takedown, Dake Escape 4-5

Third Period: Taylor Escape, Taylor Takedown, Dake Escape, Taylor Takedown 9-5

Your math is off. If you add up the individual actions it should be a 9-6 Taylor win. Unless riding time factors in. From the sequence you have listed it looks like Taylor would have a shot at the RT point, but probably not Dake.

ARE YOU INSANE sorry lol but really Dake being takendown THREE times in ONE match he was takendown ONCE all last season!

Your math is off. If you add up the individual actions it should be a 9-6 Taylor win. Unless riding time factors in. From the sequence you have listed it looks like Taylor would have a shot at the RT point, but probably not Dake.

Fixed it. Taylor 9-6. Final prediction.

Rasslin, who at 157 was anywhere near as good as Taylor on their feet. Answer: No One......and if you want to call out someone on their prediction, at least have the balls to make one yourself.

I don't think anybody knows what will happen in this matchup. I think either one of them is capable of three takedowns in the match depending on how things are going.

I realize Dake was only taken down 1 time last season but he wrestled nobody of Taylor's caliber all season either. Not Sure if this will be Taylors approach against Dake but he is usally non stop one move to the next for 7 minutes and can wear people down.

With that said Dake is the best counter wrestler in the country and Taylor faced nobody of Dakes caliber last year either. I have seen Taylor get taken down 3x in one period by Jackson Morse of Illinois in a match he won by Tech Fall in like 5:30. He can't afford to make those mistakes vs Kyle.

Personally this is a bad bet to make either way. Just as good of odds if you flip a coin with someone.My Question is if an unstoppable force meets an immovable object what happens?

Answer to be posted late NOV 3rd

Third Period: Taylor Escape, Taylor Takedown, Dake Escape, Taylor Takedown 9-6

Taylor. I agree with FT's prediction, maybe 7-6 without that last Taylor TD.

It's almost silly to make a prediction, because this match could be anything from a 3-2 snooze fest (very unlikely) to a 13-10 slugfest (also unlikely). Some of the predictions above are reasonable, but some of the things that I don't see happening.....I don't see Taylor getting a reversal against Dake. Dake is very good on the mat, great at scrambling, and would cut Taylor before getting reversed. I also don't see Dake riding Taylor out for 2 min. Unless it's the 3rd period and Taylor has mentally given up. Taylor is too tall, and too good on the mat to ride out. I also don't see a flurry of Taylor takedowns. He might take Dake down, but probably not multiple times. Taylor can't seem to score when he's tied up and not free to move around. If Dake dictates the ties, like both he and Howe did at the OTT, he'll control the match. Onto my prediction, which is probably meaningless:

First period: Dake controls the ties, Taylor tries to push the pace but can't get in to finish any shots. Lots of action but not a lot of scoring. Dake might get a takedown on counter-offense. However, I could also see Taylor getting a quick takedown at the beginning if he can finish an ankle pick, and Dake escapes, and then gets a takedown of his own, likely as a counter, before the period ends. So I think possible scores at the end of the first are 2-1, 3-1, or 3-2, all with Dake in the lead.

Second period: Whoever starts down will get out. Then I could see a lot of flurries, but no scoring for the rest of the period. If Dake started down this means the score going into the 3rd will be either 3-1, 4-1, or 4-2 Dake.

Third period: Taylor escapes and then starts going crazy, but gets countered for a takedown near the end of the match. Then he escapes and keeps trying to score with little time but to no avail. Depending on whether Taylor scored a takedown in the first period as I outlined above, this would put the final score as either 5-3, 6-3, or 6-4 with Dake winning. I think the match will be somewhere in that neighborhood as far as points go. Taylor normally gets into higher scoring matches, but I don't see Dake getting into a match where either guy has more than about 6 points on the board. If I really had to settle upon one score to predict, I'd probably go ahead and give Taylor the one takedown option, and then also throw in a potentially bogus stall point towards the end against Dake, and have the final score as 6-5 Dake.

I am surprised by anyone saying anything with certainty.

I can see Dake simply out horsing Taylor and put him to his back.

I also saw Taylor's ability to scoop Dake's ankle. Dake can get taken down.

As awesome as Dake is, Taylor has impressed me more with his technique and arsenal.

Going to go with Taylor 8-5.

But I have no clue!

ARE YOU INSANE sorry lol but really Dake being takendown THREE times in ONE match he was takendown ONCE all last season!

I was thinking the same thing - I really don't see Dake getting taken down three times in a match.

I think Dake has only given up more that one takedown once (the loss to Donny Vinson), and that after really sucking down weight, which presumably won't be an issue for the all star match.

(Curious footnote to Dake's loss to Vinson - Cornell won the dual 35-3; Dake's loss was the only one for the Big Red that day. :roll: )