Sign in to follow this  
LongShot

Dake/Taylor score prediction

Interesting that the word "idiot" comes from a Psychological handbook from the early 1900s...along with retard, moron, and imbecile. If, you look further into it you might see some of these guys in every thread.

Then again ,when you are looking.. it may be you- who you are looking for. :ugeek:

Geeeeeez this has spun out of control.

Back on topic: the styles of these great wrestlers is what makes the matchup so intriguing. Dake wins with well-timed, explosive moves and dominating control. Taylor wins with relentless offense and impeccable technique. It's like a fictional matchup of bear vs lion or something crazy like that.

Their freestyle match this summer showed a preview of how these two styles match up and the undeniable outcome is that Dake's strength was too much for Taylor's technique. Furthermore you could say that it was Taylor was the one that got caught with poor positioning in both of the power moves that decided the outcome.

Taylor fans say that freestyle rules limit his offensive strengths (from neutral and top) as well as the aspect of wearing his opponent down.

Dake fans say it doesn't matter because pushing someone around the mat and throwing them to their back is the most fundamental aspect of any wrestling style.

One thing is for certain, it's a great matchup and we should appreciate both of these guys willing to put on a show for us!

Since we're in the business of making predictions (guesses) I'm expecting this to not be as fast action-packed as we'd like since there are undeniable stakes on the line and result in a close win for Taylor (3-1). Disclaimer: I'm a biased PSU fan.

Well, for what its worth, and we'll have to check with any referees here....

Dake's first set of back points were off a "hooked up cow-catcher", which is at least illegal in high school rules....not sure about college.

His counter to Taylor's single leg was more than outstanding, and culminated in the pin....it wasn't a "cut-back" move- which is now also illegal in high school wrestling.

Need a college ref to weigh in here.

Geeeeeez this has spun out of control.

Back on topic: the styles of these great wrestlers is what makes the matchup so intriguing. Dake wins with well-timed, explosive moves and dominating control. Taylor wins with relentless offense and impeccable technique. It's like a fictional matchup of bear vs lion or something crazy like that.

Their freestyle match this summer showed a preview of how these two styles match up and the undeniable outcome is that Dake's strength was too much for Taylor's technique. Furthermore you could say that it was Taylor was the one that got caught with poor positioning in both of the power moves that decided the outcome.

Taylor fans say that freestyle rules limit his offensive strengths (from neutral and top) as well as the aspect of wearing his opponent down.

Dake fans say it doesn't matter because pushing someone around the mat and throwing them to their back is the most fundamental aspect of any wrestling style.

One thing is for certain, it's a great matchup and we should appreciate both of these guys willing to put on a show for us!

Since we're in the business of making predictions (guesses) I'm expecting this to not be as fast action-packed as we'd like since there are undeniable stakes on the line and result in a close win for Taylor (3-1). Disclaimer: I'm a biased PSU fan.

I am going to go with the good ol' MED FFT....someone gets dinged up before the match and leaves all of us disappointed.

That would really suck. UNLESS, Dake goes 165 all year and they meet in NCAA finale.

Epic cliff hanger.

The "hooked up cow-catcher" is illegal in Folk where Dake had it locked up...... if he moves his hands over to either side completely off the back...it is legal. We called it the double trouble. If you got it locked up it was a done deal. I got penalized once for being not quite off to the side enough.

of course, but is it illegal in college wrestling? (the things they let go..... lol)

The "hooked up cow-catcher" is illegal in Folk where Dake had it locked up...... if he moves his hands over to either side completely off the back...it is legal. We called it the double trouble. If you got it locked up it was a done deal. I got penalized once for being not quite off to the side enough.

I just want to know if they have talked it out to the point where they both agree it will be a hold nothing back battle (like NCAA finals) or if they want to make sure its a entertaining match (throwing Oh and Ah moves on each other to see what they can get away with..

Strategy #1 Will cause the match to be a slow grinding which isn't to impressive to fans. But it will end in someone being seen as the guy who controlled the match and won.

Strategy #2 is what will get the crowd going which they both claim is the reason for them doing the event. But it may also result in someone getting caught while throwing a crazy move moves which will leave plenty of room for doubt of whose top dog at this point.

Dake will lose this one score will be 2-1 Taylor is relentless and will score td n 3rd to win he wont chose bottom dake will an get out we all want high scores but im seeing it close with Taylor's pace getting one at the end

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

won't make a prediction unless I can find a coin.......but fwiw it seems as though all the pressure of this match is on DT......while I do not think Dake feels any of the same pressures. At least that is my impression from watching the interview of DT. Anyhow we will all find out in a few hours. Fortunately for me I will get to see this one in person. Cannot ask for anything more. :-)

I think the FS match actually showed that Taylor will beat Dake in Folk. Taylor got a quick reversal of the Dake double under with back lock and Taylor should make adjustments so the TD to fall with broomstick would not happen again.

Dake will get 1st TD. The key for Dake is to not give up a reversal.

I don't think Dake can turn Taylor and I think Taylor will turn Dake when on top.

Taylor wins 11-5

Dake with 1st TD 2-0

Taylor Escape 2-1

Taylor TD 2-3

Taylor NF 2-6

Taylor NF 2-8

Dake will choose N at some point and get TD 4-7

Taylor reverse 4-10

Dake esc 5-10

Match ends while Dake tries desperation throw

Taylor gets 1 riding time and wins 11-5

KYLE-TD2

DAVID-E1

END PERIOD 1- SCORE 2-1 KYLE 32 SECONDS RIDE TIME KYLE

KYLE CHOICE NUETRAL IN 2ND

KYLE-TD2, LATE IN PERIOD, NO ESCAPE

END PERIOD 2- 4-1 KYLE 42 SECONDS RIDE TIME KYLE

DAVID CHOICE DOWN IN 3RD

DAVID-E1 (QUICKLY)

NO MORE SCORING

FINAL 4-2 KYLE-NO RIDING TIME ADVANTAGE

First Period: Dake takedown, Taylor Reversal, Dake Escape. 2-3

Second Period: Dake Escape, Taylor takedown, Dake Escape 4-5

Third Period: Taylor Escape, Taylor Takedown, Dake Escape, Taylor Takedown 9-6

Well now you can eat crap because all your little high on Taylor has been taken away. :lol: