Sign in to follow this  
superold

Mitchell Port...

I havent really looked at Edinboro's schedule but I'd like to think he has a good chance to go undefeated from now until tournament time. If that happens he would get the #1 seed correct? Or does that all hinge on Retherford beating Stieber at big tens? If he is the #1 seed he would only have to beat one of those two although getting by Dardanes will be no walk in the park.

But with all of that said, yes he looks like he can contend for the title with how he is wrestling right now.

No one has thoughts on Port?

I think he could potentially give Stieber some problems. Retherford too.

I have thoughts on Port, but I don't want to play 20 questions with you. Just being brutally honest with ya.

What are your thoughts? No need to worry about 20 questions.

I believe steel sharpens steel. If Port wrestled the schedule of Retherford and Stieber I think he could win it all. Six of top 25 are in B10 and some may be faced twice. Port has not much . Stieber also has Nat Duals Retherford Scuffle and #13 Collica OSU to get through in addition to their in conference. The only upside for Port in that respect is he is less likely to get mauled but steel vs steel is key to me

I believe steel sharpens steel. If Port wrestled the schedule of Retherford and Stieber I think he could win it all.

The last few posts were not thought out too well. Sure "steel sharpens steel" but the kid was an NCAA finalist last year. Edinboro under Flynn have more AA's and champs in the past 10 years or so than the vast majority of NCAA D1 teams. Boro was runner up at Midlands. Then point is that it is obvious that Flynn knows how to sharpen his team. Port and his mullet will be fine.

he isn't super flashy so people tend to overlook him but he is very good and keeps getting better and better. Bottom line, he really knows how to wrestle and is strong in all three positions. I wouldn't predict he beats Steiber but I bet he could on a good day. I'd say he beats Retherford right now too.

I believe steel sharpens steel. If Port wrestled the schedule of Retherford and Stieber I think he could win it all. Six of top 25 are in B10 and some may be faced twice. Port has not much . Stieber also has Nat Duals Retherford Scuffle and #13 Collica OSU to get through in addition to their in conference. The only upside for Port in that respect is he is less likely to get mauled but steel vs steel is key to me

Port has steel in his own practice room. He has AA Schopp the weight below, Ranked top 8 Habat the weight above him, and a Round of 12 Greisheheimer at 157. He also wrestles a competitive schedule in Iowa, Vtech, Midlands, Pitt, and his conference schedule. Also Port made it to the national finals last year beating steel sharpening steel Hunter Stieber.

In addition to AJ and numerous tough teammates, Mitchell can also workout regularly with assistant coach Cliff Moore. He has been wrestling tough competition since he was a little kid so the iron has already sharpened the iron. One could argue that rigors of Big Ten schedule hurt some wrestlers as much as help.

In addition to AJ and numerous tough teammates, Mitchell can also workout regularly with assistant coach Cliff Moore. He has been wrestling tough competition since he was a little kid so the iron has already sharpened the iron. One could argue that rigors of Big Ten schedule hurt some wrestlers as much as help.

Was he one of your guys?

Mitchell's high school coach was Pat Flynn, Tim's brother, as well as head coach Mike Maney. They did great work with Mitchell. I saw Mitchell make steady improvement from age 6 to 18 and he continues to do so in college with his coaches. Yes Mitchell was a regular at my camps as well as HTC for a decade. He and AJ have wrestled each other and other dedicated kids at my camps and Home Training Center annually since they were little kids. Consistent hard work truly does make dreams come true. Mitchell hit 3 sweet, perfectly timed moves in last night's finals and is now Midlands Champion forever.

Can anyone point me to video of Colon vs Schopp and Graff and Schopp vs Graff?

Thanks

Honestly, I thought he was as impressive as anyone. 141 wasn't the strongest field, but Port is about as physically strong as it gets at 141. Did you see that snap-down in the finals?!? I'm surprised that wasn't a knockout.

Gibbons hit the nail on the head when he talked about how strong he was -- guys like him and Colon -- nobody would want to see them on their side of the bracket. Just extremely physical guys that are good everywhere.

Mitchell's high school coach was Pat Flynn, Tim's brother, as well as head coach Mike Maney. They did great work with Mitchell. I saw Mitchell make steady improvement from age 6 to 18 and he continues to do so in college with his coaches. Yes Mitchell was a regular at my camps as well as HTC for a decade. He and AJ have wrestled each other and other dedicated kids at my camps and Home Training Center annually since they were little kids. Consistent hard work truly does make dreams come true. Mitchell hit 3 sweet, perfectly timed moves in last night's finals and is now Midlands Champion forever.

Thanks

Here is the last minute of the Colon vs Schopp match.

http://www.flowrestling.org/coverage/25 ... p-Edinboro

Due to it being under BTN's control I do not think anyone has full matches available.

Thanks

Here is the last minute of the Colon vs Schopp match.

http://www.flowrestling.org/coverage/25 ... p-Edinboro

Due to it being under BTN's control I do not think anyone has full matches available.

Thanks. What a great go to, feet to back, 5 pt. move. Saw him attempt it against Ramos. Didn't get it, but obviously, hit something else.