Sign in to follow this  
Wolverine7

When did I miss the rule change?

So I was watching the Midlands finals and began to wonder when I missed the rule change.

Apparently there is no longer stalling when in the top position in college wrestling (i.e. Monk and Gilman).

If you really want to keep wrestling boring for a lot of people continue to give points for just riding and not calling people for stalling on top. I love watching wrestling and still want to DVR these events so I fast forward through the stalling on top.

I wish you could only get the riding time point if you turn your opponent from the top position. That would increase activity.

I feel like this would change the sport in a negative way. It also makes it seem like it is easier to turn your opponents on the bottom than it is, especially when two elite wrestlers are wrestling. The problems I see coming out of this is example A: bottom wrestle knows if he doesn't get turned there is hypothetically nothing hurt from him not getting away ( I understand he doesn't get an escape or reversal point, but what if he doesn't necessarily need a point) Example B: You have a top wrestler who is a good rider and even working the positions but the bottom wrestler is also tough as nails. Why shouldn't he be rewarded for controlling him on the mat. If it was more than 1 point rewarded it might be a bigger deal.

One thing I would be open to is making you ride longer to lock up that adv. time. Perhaps saying ride for 1:30, I feel like it doesn't take much to get to 1:00 minute.

I agree with the bottom guy just relaxing this is where stalling needs to be called more. I guess it just comes back to that making both wrestlers work. If stalling was called more accurately we would not have to change anything else.