Sign in to follow this  
Flying-Tiger

Scuffle Coverage by Flo

Never ever ever fails. Streaming of wrestling simply never works. Works for every other sport, but not wrestling. Now we need Jason Bryant to come tell us it is our fault and that we should be happy we get results as quickly as we do because 40 years ago it took weeks to get results.

And then wrestling wonders why mainstream media and fans don't give the sport a chance.

What a freakin joke.

The site finally came back up for me, but now the video streams just say "Error loading media: file not found" with a big black message on the video that says "STREAM UNAVAILABLE IN YOUR COUNTRY". Watching from New Jersey.

Edit: Working now!!

I think the relevant comparison is to BTN (to say nothing of NBC) which seems to be able to stream wrestling without constant errors.

those aren't even close to being relevant comparisons. BTN is worth hundreds of millions of dollars, NBC is in the billions. a good comparison would some other niche sport with a tiny market size that tries to do their streaming in house. i have no idea if other such companies exist but BTN and NBC aren't even in the same ballpark.

i also had the same issues as a lot of people posting. its very frustrating. im sure Flo would prefer to not have a bunch of frustrated customers.

so what if BTN is worth more. they are doing the same thing-- streaming. One does it well, the other poorly. And I don't think that BTN necessarily has more resources devoted to streaming wrestling than Flo does. BTN spends it millions on football and basketball, not wrestling.

so what if BTN is worth more. they are doing the same thing-- streaming. One does it well, the other poorly. And I don't think that BTN necessarily has more resources devoted to streaming wrestling than Flo does. BTN spends it millions on football and basketball, not wrestling.

the streaming technology doesnt care what sport youre showing. the more resources a company devotes to its IT the better it works. the more money you have the more you can invest in IT. its not a complicated concept.

the streaming technology doesnt care what sport you youre showing. the more resources a company devouts to its IT the better it works. the more money you have the more you can invest in IT. its not a complicated concept.

This is true, but with FLO, that is their business model and today they have not produced. I pay for a service and I really don't care about their logistics, bandwidth or whatever. If I pay for something, I simply want it to work. This has nothing to do with wrestling, it is paying for a service that promises something. My FLO experience has been pretty positive but today was difficult.

flo is a joke, I wonder how huskerdu will try to paint this disaster...I will never give another penny to flo again, and I will make sure nobody is scammed either...what a f'n joke.

not sure what you mean by me trying to 'paint' something. ive said on here prior that there are certainly things we need to work on. the only thing i've ever 'spun' is that it's not as difficult for people to manage their acct as they make it out to be. it's a click of a few buttons, and it's right on the homepage.

i manage the site from a content standpoint, but i have no tech bone in my body and don't have anything to do with live broadcast production, for which there is an entire team dedicated to. idk what the problem/s were today. (im not there. headed to clash tomorrow)

stream worked fine for me all day except once i had to log out and log back in after i got that 'server 500' error, that many people reported.

idk what all the variables are. and im disappointed it affected some people. i know it was just a percentage of the viewers from following the analytics, so it wasn't a system-wide problem. i.e most people's streams were uninterrupted.

but yes, the tech team is working on it as we speak.

I'll say it a million times---they will never get a red cent from me again. I hate to miss watching a lot of wrestling but the brackets and then the free videos later on are fine by me.

I get to enjoy BTN and assorted other media that covers live wrestling. For all of you Flo apologists, I'm glad you're coming around and realizing that amateur wrestling is covered on the web by a truly amateur company.

Besides, today was about NCAA Football!

My stream cut out as well numerous times for the 500 error. This was my first time using flopro and was disappointed with how it functioned.

Also I wasn't able to access the video on Xbox one. It was saying no stream available. Anybody else using xbox and were u able to figure something out?

stream worked fine for me all day except once i had to log out and log back in after i got that 'server 500' error, that many people reported.

idk what all the variables are. and im disappointed it affected some people. i know it was just a percentage of the viewers from following the analytics, so it wasn't a system-wide problem. i.e most people's streams were uninterrupted.

How can it not be a system-wide problem and most people's streams be uninterrupted if the entirety of the flowrestling site actually went down for a period? Not trying to be a smart-aleck, actually just wondering since you're the only Flo rep who frequents these boards.

the streaming technology doesnt care what sport you youre showing. the more resources a company devouts to its IT the better it works. the more money you have the more you can invest in IT. its not a complicated concept.

This is true, but with FLO, that is their business model and today they have not produced. I pay for a service and I really don't care about their logistics, bandwidth or whatever. If I pay for something, I simply want it to work. This has nothing to do with wrestling, it is paying for a service that promises something. My FLO experience has been pretty positive but today was difficult.

i agree with you. i am in the same boat ie a frustrated customer. i was just pointing out that comparing FLO to something like BTN or NBC is silly to me.