Sign in to follow this  
TBar1977

Ness

i love watching ness wrestle very exciting, and i have not seen the match yet, but this can easily be turned around in march, was he taken down and just kept getting put on his back, or was he putting himself, on his back? example elevators from bottom or trying to pass ankles from bottom? last year he was beat by caleb ervin 14-2 and then turned it around later in the year

After looking at Ness and Sakaguchi's performances at the Scuffle I think it raises questions about how tough 149 was two years ago when Molinaro beat Ness in the finals and struggled with Sak. It's either the competition is much better, or it's just a coincidence that both have seemed to have gotten worse with two additional years of training and maturity.

Ness can be one of the worst technical wrestlers in D1 and he can also be a solid wrestler when he wants to be. He went through this last year, losing to a few un-ranked wrestlers. He will get back to the fundamentals come Big 10 and NCAA time. When he gets rewarded with his sloppy wrestling, he starts thinking it will work on everyone.

i love watching ness wrestle very exciting, and i have not seen the match yet, but this can easily be turned around in march, was he taken down and just kept getting put on his back, or was he putting himself, on his back? example elevators from bottom or trying to pass ankles from bottom? last year he was beat by caleb ervin 14-2 and then turned it around later in the year

Against Miller in the semi's, and this happened pretty quick while I was paying attention to another match, but it seemed like he gave up a leg, rolled thru, elevatored up and he's actually in a good position to get to the far side ankle when Miller unexpectedly turns back into him and locks in a super tight cradle. Everyone in the whole arena saw that pin coming cause the noise got loud. Easy to see how tight it was.

He gave up about 9 takedowns vs. Pena. Not sure how many as I stopped counting. Even when it looked like he had good position Pena still managed to get on top of him. I think Pena foolishly chose down to start the 3rd, why he did that I don't know, and I thought Ness might be able to pin him but he couldn't even turn him. Pena won that, but I still think he should have chose neutral.

Against Miller in the semi's, and this happened pretty quick while I was paying attention to another match, but it seemed like he gave up a leg, rolled thru, elevatored up and he's actually in a good position to get to the far side ankle when Miller unexpectedly turns back into him and locks in a super tight cradle. Everyone in the whole arena saw that pin coming cause the noise got loud. Easy to see how tight it was.

He gave up about 9 takedowns vs. Pena. Not sure how many as I stopped counting. Even when it looked like he had good position Pena still managed to get on top of him. I think Pena foolishly chose down to start the 3rd, why he did that I don't know, and I thought Ness might be able to pin him but he couldn't even turn him. Pena won that, but I still think he should have chose neutral.

He lost 17-2, how did he give up 9 TD's?