Sign in to follow this  
jerbufoon

ramos vs colon

I feel Ruth's stupid "I don't even have to try to bet you" "lackadaisical" "sloppy" approach to the sport shows more disrespect to his opponents, coaches, teammates, and the sport then Ramo's stare ever could. Glad to see a hard working kid that takes the sport serious put it to him.

This is a fair point. At the tOSU dual, he literally sat on his opponent's legs and put his hands on his hips with a bored look on his face as the clock wound down to end the period. BTN caught a glimpse of his father getting a chuckle out of it and even commented about it. If that's not showboating, I don't know what is.

That said, Ruth definitely handled himself with class after The Dean of Mean fed him some humble pie.

That stupid stare he gives all his opponents and excessive celebration while standing over his opponents after big wins to show his dominance is sad to me but for Brands that is par for the course. Colon just manhandled him, then stuck him in a way a playground bully would do-but then got up and respectfully shook his hand walked off the mat like a gentlemen. Colon has my respect.

How dare wrestlers get excited when they win a big match in front of 15,000 people! Save that for the professional wrestling circuit. Oh, wait...

It's OK to get excited and show emotion, just don't do it over your opponent. The victor should just run off the mat and do a back flip or something...oh, wait...never mind...I forgot that could be dangerous.

I feel Ruth's stupid "I don't even have to try to bet you" "lackadaisical" "sloppy" approach to the sport shows more disrespect to his opponents, coaches, teammates, and the sport then Ramo's stare ever could. Glad to see a hard working kid that takes the sport serious put it to him.

Nice point. I know it's just his personality, but Ruth's "chill" wrestling style can be so exasperating! Reminds me of what basketball players do, for some reason. The problem with that style is that you can never tell if a loss is from a real lack of effort or if he was really trying... and maybe that's his point... but I would LOVE to see a fired up Ed Ruth in March double flexing on the mat like Ramos! That would blow my mind, I can't even imagine it.

Switching gears: how did DiJulius beat Colon earlier this year? I didn't see the match but thought JDJ was a slightly smaller 133 pounders and would have been totally overpowered by Colon. Also, has Ramos ever wrestled DiJulius?

Switching gears: how did DiJulius beat Colon earlier this year? I didn't see the match but thought JDJ was a slightly smaller 133 pounders and would have been totally overpowered by Colon. Also, has Ramos ever wrestled DiJulius?

Colon vs. DiJulius can be seen here. Frustrating for me to watch. :x

http://www.flowrestling.org/coverage/25 ... us-Ohio-St

Colon vs. DiJulius can be seen here. Frustrating for me to watch. :x

http://www.flowrestling.org/coverage/25 ... us-Ohio-St

Phenomenal match. Johhny Di basically wrestled as well as he could to get that win. Just watching that, however, I'd bet on Colon in a rematch.

There is nothing wrong with the behavior of any of the guys in those pictures.

Generally, I agree. However, if done in an opponent's face or while standing over him, a ref might consider it taunting and make an UC call. That's discretionary based on his judgement, but the danger is it could end up costing a team point.

I've seen video where Ramos pins his opponent and then does a double biceps pose flexing to stir up the crowd. I always thought that was a bit much and humiliating to the pinned wrestler. The finals of the NCAA, okay, but otherwise, not cool.

Colon did nothing after pinning Ramos to show him up. Ramos could learn some humility from Colon.

This is wrestling, it's not cricket. Ramos likes to pump up the crowd, but that humiliation part is mostly in your head. Getting pinned by anyone is humiliating, speaking as a guy who's been pinned a few times. Ramos doesn't need more humility. He needs better offense.

Colon is great wrestler, and every bit as intense as anyone wrestling right now. Ramos wants to be intense. Colon IS intense. I'd like to see much-improved Colon vs. Retherford or Stieber at the end of this season.

If he was flexing in the guy's face or looking down at him (Dardanes?), that would be questionable.

But doing it while looking at his coaches-rooting section is fine - seems to be just excitement and not taunting.

Not possible sir. If Hurricane had posted the full GIF of the moment you would be able to read Ramos' lips as he insulted Dardanes mother standing just out of frame.

Generally, I agree. However, if done in an opponent's face or while standing over him, a ref might consider it taunting and make an UC call. That's discretionary based on his judgement, but the danger is it could end up costing a team point.

Man, are you a douche nozzle....

Man, are you a douche nozzle....

-----

Now, now Serial... don't be too hard on Hurricane. He's just an advocate of good sportsmanship. See, doing your posing in your opponent's face or over him is bad.

celebrate_zps5d515a50.jpg

oh wait... that's not an Iowa wrestler.

Never mind.

What about this one? Does this pose get the PSU sportsmanship seal of approval?

ruthhandsonhips_zps5b9f0cd3.jpg

He kept his arms at his sides for five or six seconds to end the first period, as if he were contemplating whether or not to honor his inferior opponent with another two periods of wrestling or just declare victory and walk off of him.

As an aside, Courts just lay there, defeated, until the final second, when he mustered a butt bump off of Ruth's chest. Goes to show how much fire tOSU had that day.

-----

Now, now Serial... don't be too hard on Hurricane. He's just an advocate of good sportsmanship. See, doing your posing in your opponent's face or over him is bad.

celebrate_zps5d515a50.jpg

oh wait... that's not an Iowa wrestler.

Never mind.

Oh, good grief, rossel3. That photo is only superficially similar to the one you posted of Ramos (where you cropped out Dardanes all together, LOL!). Taylor isn't hitting a double-biceps pose over his opponent. He's just stretching out his arms to acknowledge the cheering fans. His opponent still has his head down on the mat and isn't even aware of Taylor's gesture.

Good sportsmanship by David to show appreciation to the crowd.

Rossel3,

Here's another example of a champion who handles himself with class. Stieber has just won the B1G title, but he's stepping away from the villainous Ramos as he begins to celebrate. Like Taylor, he's making sure he's not in his beaten foe's line-of-sight so as not to appear to be lording it over him.

Again, great sportsmanship by Stieber in showing courtesy to the obviously dejected Hawkeye.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSt0d9dOtxTsg8eL8BBoLze11oRz6S1H-uZKilb2N89wXKdEebc

Rossel3,

Here's another example of a champion who handles himself with class. Stieber has just won the B1G title, but he's stepping away from the villainous Ramos as he begins to celebrate. Like Taylor, he's making sure he's not in his beaten foe's line-of-sight so as not to appear to be lording it over him.

Again, great sportsmanship by Stieber in showing courtesy to the obviously dejected Hawkeye.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSt0d9dOtxTsg8eL8BBoLze11oRz6S1H-uZKilb2N89wXKdEebc

Once again Hurricane you prove yourself to be a massive D-nozzle.