Dean Does the Impossible!!!

So that means..

125 - Delgado Loses

133 - Ramos Loses

141 - Steiber Loses

149 - Maple Loses

157 - DSJ going strong..

165 - Best Wrestler on PSU team

174 - Andrew Howe arguably the best wrestler in college, and contender for Hodge

184 - Ruth Loses

197 - Its been a mix-up

Hwt - Nelson Going strong

....Anderson Silva loses twice..

Watta year for martial arts..

Yes, very nice match by Dean. At the same time, Ruth has looked very disinterested this season. Hopefully this lights a fire.

He has always been hyper calm. Please find and post his results so far this year and show that he has lacked fire. Pretty sure it will be riddled with techs and pins. Funny how folks suddenly come up with this stuff.

GABE DEAN!

Ruth has always wrestled nanchalant, but now he seems its something else. I wonder if he is a bit burnt out. This is not just because of the lost to Dean who wrestled great. I just felt something was up ever since he came back.

No one said this as Ruth pinned and TF'd his way to finals. Dean took it to him from the very very start. Did he take Ruth out of his game? Perhaps. Ruth didn't 'lose' this match. Dean won it.

-----

Agree. There was nothing but domination by Ruth leading up to this finals match. Give Dean his due. He probably even deserves to move ahead of Lofthouse in the rankings. ;)

Ruth has always wrestled nanchalant, but now he seems its something else. I wonder if he is a bit burnt out. This is not just because of the lost to Dean who wrestled great. I just felt something was up ever since he came back.

No one said this as Ruth pinned and TF'd his way to finals. Dean took it to him from the very very start. Did he take Ruth out of his game? Perhaps. Ruth didn't 'lose' this match. Dean won it.

Right on.

Ed Ruth's Scuffle results:

Fall 5:30

Fall 2:52

Fall 1:07

TF 23-7

Dean dec. Ruth 7-4

Dean beat Ruth just as much as Retherford beat Stieber. Maybe Ruth and Stieber weren't in peak condition, but you can't take anything away from these super-frosh. Absolutely unbelievable. I would've bet my house and car on Ruth any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

So that means..

125 - Delgado Loses

133 - Ramos Loses

141 - Steiber Loses

149 - Maple Loses

157 - DSJ going strong..

165 - Best Wrestler IN COLLEGE and will win the HODGE

174 - Andrew Howe arguably NOT the best wrestler in college, and NOT a Hodge contender

184 - Ruth Loses

197 - Its been a mix-up

Hwt - Nelson Going strong

....Anderson Silva loses twice..

Watta year for martial arts..

Let me rephrase. Gabe Dean beat Ruth in every aspect tonight. He controlled the match and won the match Ruth did not lose Dean took the match to him. All im saying is Ruth does not look like the same wrestler who majored a 2x NCAA finalist in Hamlin. There was no fire to go score like before.

Dean looked great. He didn't seem like he was wrestling to avoid giving up a MD or TF. He attacked. Also looked like one of the few who could match Ruth's strength.

He looked 20lbs bigger than Ruth to me. Just appearances, though, which can be deceiving.

This is the greatest year ever. Giants going down left and right. An amazing crop of freshmen. In tonight's finals you had Okla St with 3 champs, Penn St., Cornell and Minn with two each and MO with one. Nice balance. The only thing that might ruin the parity and wide open nature of things is Penn St. could really dominate the team race, esp if the Altons come back strong. But you know what, the lesson of all these individual upsets is that nothing is for sure. Penn St. still has enough potential holes to be vulnerable. We have to build on this excitement and improve attendance at matches and increase eyeballs on TV, i.e. the Big Ten network. That will bring more money into the sport.

Let me rephrase. Gabe Dean beat Ruth in every aspect tonight. He controlled the match and won the match Ruth did not lose Dean took the match to him. All im saying is Ruth does not look like the same wrestler who majored a 2x NCAA finalist in Hamlin. There was no fire to go score like before.

I saw the fire at the beginning of the match right after the first Dean takedown attempt. Ruth had fire! It just faded after he couldn't secure a takedown, and faded further still with Deans own takedown. And with every second that went on during the match, Ruth's fire faded further until it completely went out at the end where Dean secured his last takedown.

And for those who says that Ruth "looked gassed" or "was just gassed" insinuating he's not in shape. Im sure Ruth has been working on his conditioning. Being gassed is a symptom of having been broken.

I saw the fire at the beginning of the match right after the first Dean takedown attempt. Ruth had fire! It just faded after he couldn't secure a takedown, and faded further still with Deans own takedown. And with every second that went on during the match, Ruth's fire faded further until it completely went out at the end where Dean secured his last takedown.

And for those who says that Ruth "looked gassed" or "was just gassed" insinuating he's not in shape. Im sure Ruth has been working on his conditioning. Being gassed is a symptom of having been broken.

Dean wrestled well on his feet but he also did nothing on the mat. He would just grap the leg and hold it up without trying to do much of anything. On bottom, he would stand and run to the line, stop and fight the return looking for a stall call. This is the kind of match the coaches will review wih Ruth and then it will be back to beat down city...... yea he broke him, ok :lol:

Dean wrestled well on his feet but he also did nothing on the mat. He would just grap the leg and hold it up without trying to do much of anything. On bottom, he would stand and run to the line, stop and fight the return looking for a stall call. This is the kind of match the coaches will review wih Ruth and then it will be back to beat down city...... yea he broke him, ok :lol:

Nominated for worst post of the year. Butt-hurt much? Ruth gets it physically taken to him and fades before everyone's eyes and some internet tough guy gets on here and starts talking cr@p about how Ruth is gonna beat the kid down next time! Is this a joke? I assume you wrote "lol" when looking in the mirror.

If Dean is beat again this year, regardless of who does it, I highly doubt he will get "beat down". He's a brick with a gas tank - lethal combo.

My money is on Ruth to win the NCAA's, but yeah, like Steiber, he got broke by a true freshman.

Don't be a stupid fan..... I am sure the Penn State fans who know wrestling do not appreciate the dumb ones who give the schools fans a bad rep.