Sign in to follow this  
wreferee

Gabe Dean's transformation

I'll try to dig up an article about flwc program a bit more under Cam's influence. Basically, Cam talks about the differences in the club vs when he took a year off in it before his college career. It has become a legitimate training program for guys in deferral development.

I'll try to dig up an article about flwc program a bit more under Cam's influence. Basically, Cam talks about the differences in the club vs when he took a year off in it before his college career. It has become a legitimate training program for guys in deferral development.

Trrffic. Thnx, scribe. Am also curious to learn whether Cam, during his years of competition, might also have benefitted from Coach Chuma Echebelem and/or whether they (FLWC/Cutting Edge/Cornell) are collaborating on development of other potential recruits here in Michigan.

NYWN: You spent a year at the Finger Lakes Wrestling Club after high school like some of the guys you coached this year. Is the experience now different than it was for you?

CSimaz: Definitely. It has changed so much over the years. Now there’s organization, a lifting regimen, a plan. Corey Manson and I were kind of guinea pigs. It was the two of us and we’d just wrestle each other when we had free time. We were working full time jobs and I’d just call him and ask him if he wanted to wrestle and that was about it. It was a fun experience, but things have come a long way and I think the results have shown that.

http://igetbetter.me/2013/04/16/catchin ... -u-s-open/

I watched that FloNationals match this morning. Gabe Dean has certainly improved a LOT. When he wrestled at The Binghampton Open, even though Ruth pinned him everyone seemed to come away pretty impressed by him. Looks like a total STUD right now.

After watching the vid of Gabe vs Morgan MacIntosh I wonder if Morgan may be thinking about dropping to 184 after Ruth grads this year. Gabe and Morgan seem about the same height and I would guess 184 is where Morgan should have been except for our needs at 197.

Morgan has done a hell of a job trying to grow into 197 but when you look at specimens like JDen Cox you have to wonder if it wouldn't be better for Morgan to drop. I suspect he has Olympic aspirations and I believe the new wt is closer to 189lbs. Also better to be a beast at 184 than the small guy at 197.

Hmmmmm when does Tanner Hall come off of his Mission??

BDB, if Morgan drops to 184 then who takes 197? My guess is McCutcheon, who himself would be a shorter 197. If Morgan does not drop then you have Morgan at 197 and McCutch, imo, at 184. The alternatives are Syrek and Steinmetz and I'm not sure anything improves over the current status quo.

Tanner Hall, on the other hand, he could improve things in a hurry by taking over at 197. And if memory serves he comes off mission this spring or summer.

That is what I was alluding to (possibility of Tanner Hall showing up in Happy Valley) which could free Morgan to go down to what I perceive is his most natural weight. He has a world of potential which I don't see being reached at 197. He has been all about the team and I hope we can do something for him if 184 is where he wants to be next year.

Any thoughts?

Interesting....because the obvious physical superiority of McIntosh in 2011 may have contributed to Dean's intensified training, it seems more than possible he would welcome an opportunity to display that previous advantage is no longer. I'd take Dean over McIntosh if/when such a rematch is realized.

Interesting....because the obvious physical superiority of McIntosh in 2011 may have contributed to Dean's intensified training, it seems more than possible he would welcome an opportunity to display that previous advantage is no longer. I'd take Dean over McIntosh if/when such a rematch is realized.

Well, Dean did just beat McIntosh's practice partner who probably takes it to him on a daily basis. :D

(I'm not saying McIntosh can't hang with Ruth in practice)