Sign in to follow this  
snapspinscore

Ruth will easily repeat as champ.

Another case of people blowing a loss out of proportion. I've read too many posts discrediting Ruth because of this loss . He has already crushed Dean, and I think if they wrestle again, he'll crush Dean. One bad loss for Stieber, and people are saying he won't repeat. Now the same for Ruth. Also I think it's crazy how many people jumped off the Maple bandwagon so fast. I think Ruth and Stieber both dominate to a title this year, and I think Maple wins as well. Ruth is still a lock IMO.

I would not say "easily", anything can happen come NCAA's. I do think Ruth will win, but he needs to be more focused and more serious. For over 2 years now he basically has toyed with guys and can do what he wants with his laid back style. Well Dean was not impressed with Ruth or his style. I am sure Dean is even more confident now and maybe a few others will be too? Again sure I am rooting for Ruth and believe he will win come March, but these championships must be earned, we can not just give it to them in January.

Same goes for Logan Stieber, he is going to have to earn his Championship. I do believe when it is all over we will see Stieber on top again. I believe it will be him and Port in the finals. I love what Zain is doing so far, but his magic has got to run out soon? Hopefully not though.

Another case of people blowing a loss out of proportion. I've read too many posts discrediting Ruth because of this loss . He has already crushed Dean, and I think if they wrestle again, he'll crush Dean. One bad loss for Stieber, and people are saying he won't repeat. Now the same for Ruth. Also I think it's crazy how many people jumped off the Maple bandwagon so fast. I think Ruth and Stieber both dominate to a title this year, and I think Maple wins as well. Ruth is still a lock IMO.

Excellent! Cue in the soundtrack, Journey singing "Don't Stop Believing".

(Meanwhile, in the dark damp recesses below Barton Hall, Gabe Dean at this very moment is going through his strength and conditioning workout to the strains of "Eye of the Tiger")

Sounds like a movie plot, eh? ;)

Not sure about all the domination as I think there will some non bonus pt. wins mixed in there with both Ruth and Steiber, but I do agree that these guys are still the favorites. If asked to bet on Retherford and Dean or Steiber and Ruth I would still take the latter.

I read somewhere the Ruth was told not even to show up, all other wrestlers have already been told they would be wrestling for 2nd place - 8th

I never said anything close to this. Stop taking what people say, and running in whatever direction you feel like running with it.

No one is a "lock." This is college wrestling. You may want to crown Ruth champion right now, and I'm not saying he won't be in March, but no one is a lock. He was also a "lock" to win the Southern Scuffle, wasn't he?

I read somewhere the Ruth was told not even to show up, all other wrestlers have already been told they would be wrestling for 2nd place - 8th

I never said anything close to this. Stop taking what people say, and running in whatever direction you feel like running with it.

Well, actually, that's pretty much exactly what you did. You titled the thread "Ruth will easily repeat as champ", and said he'd dominate on his way to a title. How much more dismissive of his competition can you be? Its your thread, own your comments. This smells of someone who is trying to convince themselves that Ruth isn't vulnerable.

I'd put my money on Steiber and Ruth too, but I think the air of invincibility has been removed as to both of them. It'll be a fun 3 days in March.

Well, actually, that's pretty much exactly what you did. You titled the thread "Ruth will easily repeat as champ", and said he'd dominate on his way to a title. How much more dismissive of his competition can you be? Its your thread, own your comments. This smells of someone who is trying to convince themselves that Ruth isn't vulnerable.

I'd put my money on Steiber and Ruth too, but I think the air of invincibility has been removed as to both of them. It'll be a fun 3 days in March.

Well I personally think he majors+ his way through NCAA's. Fluke things happen. Dean earned that win, but Ruth didn't exactly bring his A game. Last time someone embarrassed Ruth , he got crushed in the NCAA finals.

I've had some time to absorb what happened. I just looked through at deans scuffle matches and the match with Ruth. I've decided Ruth ran into a brick house that he could not will around the mat. Dean busted that opening sequence cradle and it just set the tone for the match. I think Ruth can make some adjustments, but I wouldn't bet against dean to repeat this result.

IMHO, The Ruth loss was a bit more surprising than Steiber and Maple. Ruth is in a different league, he is on another level. Ruth has totally dominated his competition and that competition was very good. Steiber was favored but he did not dominate like Ruth. Steiber eked out a win vs Oliver in a contravertial finish that prompted a rule change and was a Jenkins fluke pin away from losing his NCAA final last year.

This loss may very well serve as a waking of the beast. Ruth has been a laid back dude and still dominated. Will be interesting to see if he decides to step,up his game to full potential, could be scary.

With that said, maybe Dean is THAT good.

Well I personally think he majors+ his way through NCAA's. Fluke things happen. Dean earned that win, but Ruth didn't exactly bring his A game. Last time someone embarrassed Ruth , he got crushed in the NCAA finals.

Didn't you also think Ruth would major+ his way through this season. If I could give you some friendly advice, please stop posting about this subject because you are making yourself look silly.

I think Ruth will major his way through NCAAs bottom line , if you win all the time, it gets hard to get up for very match. Dean was as pointed out by someone crushed once by Ruth, I'm going to say Ruth needed the fire lit after a loss in focus.

Dean got caught in the cradle the first match. He shrugged off the same this match. The adjustment Ruth can make is to stick his energy into his single leg to reach across to get deans other ankle. Takedown after takedown. Deans adjustment will be to keeping that other ankle away from Ruth. It's gonna be a great match if dean is mentally prepared for it.

Dean was as pointed out by someone crushed once by Ruth

So then you would agree that David Taylor was "crushed" by Bubba? Or are you in the camp that asserts he "just got caught"?

Personally I go by what it says on my 401K prospectus - "Past performance does not necessarily predict future results". ;)

After watching that match, I think Ruth pinning Dean was more of a fluke than this latest match. Dean is tough to score on and has a huge gas tank. That is probably the best way to match up with Ruth, as I don't think its possible to "out-athlete" him. I remember watching Bosak wrestle Ruth in the semis last year in Ames - had he not given up that takedown right off the bat in the first round, he'd have been in that match. Final score was 4-1, and Bosak was able to slow Ruth down (which sometimes Ruth is willing to go along with). It was a lot closer than I thought it'd be. I'll be interested to see if guys like Steinhaus can close the gap on Ruth before the NCAAs.