Sign in to follow this  
LongShot

Palacio Taylor Match

Anyone see this match on flo? They go off screen and seems like a little extra curricular activity out of bounds, Palacio comes back center and starts mouthing off to what seems like the PSU coaches yelling, "let him wrestle! let him wrestle!"??? DT went on to score 15 points in the next 2 min. I like Cornell and if anyone has been a thorn in the side of PSU its definitely them but... C'MON MAN.

Anyone see this match on flo? They go off screen and seems like a little extra curricular activity out of bounds, Palacio comes back center and starts mouthing off to what seems like the PSU coaches yelling, "let him wrestle! let him wrestle!"??? DT went on to score 15 points in the next 2 min. I like Cornell and if anyone has been a thorn in the side of PSU its definitely them but... C'MON MAN.

Palacio isn't close to being as dirty as one of their other wrestlers.

Palacio isn't close to being as dirty as one of their other wrestlers.

Enough with this ****. It was one match and two years ago. I'm sure he's grown a lot mentally and emotionally since then.

Who?

Billy George.

The thing that went on between Palacio and Taylor happens in wrestling all the time. Kneeing someone to the head so visciously you injure the guy, the entire arena erupts, you get ejected not only from the match but from the entire tournament AND your scoring points are taken away from your squad thus n early costing them the league championships ... that doesn't happen too often.

Billy George accomplished this feat at the 2012 EIWA Championsips.

http://www.sungazette.com/page/content. ... l?nav=5017

A guy like Gabe Dean or Dylan Palacio, plus lots of other Cornell wrestlers, can be really top notch wrestlers. Billy George, not really. Might have a future as a deep undercard guy in MMA.

Enough with this ****. It was one match and two years ago. I'm sure he's grown a lot mentally and emotionally since then.

One can hope. I thought his match with Matt McCutcheon this year went a little overboard. Not enough to get penalized, but enough to give Matt a shiner. I think he still needs to reign it in a little.

TBar,

I am pretty sure Cornell still won the tournament, even with George's points removed. It was close and came down to the last match of the tournament, but I believe Flores beating Rey allowed Cornell to remain in the top spot.

Whatever Palacio said is not what I noticed during that match. I did notice Palacio is a fierce competitor. The guy just goes after it. I like that. Will be watching his matches at nationals for sure! His language is par for coming from New York City. I like that Cornell is going after pure athletes who have sharper learning curves. Dean and Palacio are pro athletes that decided to give wrestling a chance. They will be dominating by next year ie Mark Schultz types.

Whatever Palacio said is not what I noticed during that match. I did notice Palacio is a fierce competitor. The guy just goes after it. I like that. Will be watching his matches at nationals for sure! His language is par for coming from New York City.

Really? You should watch it again it was pretty noticeable. Definitely a fierce competitor and slowed Taylor down first part of the match.

Here we go again.

What I noticed is that Palacio violated Stalling Rule 5.9.2 at least nine times in the first period alone. Only got penalized once. The wrestlers are supposed to stay in the center and wrestle. Palacio went straight for the edge of the mat on almost every neutral whistle. What is the ref looking at?

Just amazing how many officials don't recognize this, or are just afraid to make that call. These "non-stall" calls are now an epidemic in the NCAA.

And lastly, even when the unsportsmanship occurred, the ref again let Palacio walk right off the wrestling area. Another free timeout. Thanks refs, thanks for being so generous with your timeouts, and thanks for keeping the sport as boring as possible.

I think Palacio has a lot of potential. I've only seen him wrestle a few times and he does seem to have a bit of an attitude. I remember him in a high school all star match being a bit "over the top". However, that's just me. I prefer the Cael Sandersons to the David Taylor's.

I do think Palacio showed some decent skills but he did stall his ass off. I also thought Mcintosh/Cox first match was Cox stalling a lot as well.

I thought it was interseting that Palacio ran to the center after the whistles and ran straight out of bounds between them. That technique probably saved him two stalling penalties.

Taylor was also penalized in that exchange so is he a tough competitor as well?

I also noticed both were penalized, although did not see what for. I suspect it was a bit of give and take by both. Ref did a good job, I thought, of putting the kabosh on any extra-cirriculars right away.

Just watched it. You can't see what happened because they went off camera. If guess a little extra momentum by Taylor heated palacio. After the exchange palacio actually extended a peace gesture.

Speaking of stalling. DT used oob an awful lot to accumulate riding time. Just saying.

I also noticed both were penalized, although did not see what for. I suspect it was a bit of give and take by both. Ref did a good job, I thought, of putting the kabosh on any extra-cirriculars right away.

Guessing Taylor for the cause and palacio for the reaction.

It's ridiculous people are trying to make Palacio out to be some sort of villain here. The incident occurred off camera and there is no way to no for certain what happened other than Palacio got upset about it. What we do know is that both wrestlers were called for unsportsmanlike conduct and Palacio was the one extending his hand to bury the hatchet.

Crucify both wrestlers in this instance or neither. I'd say neither one should be considered a thug given what I saw.