Sign in to follow this  
LongShot

Palacio Taylor Match

I have never heard Taylor complain about anything during an interview before and I have been following him since high school. The swearing must have been pretty bad for Taylor to talk about it on camera.

Taylor's comments didn't strike me as complaining. He didn't bring the incident up until the interviewer asked him: "What did the Cornell guy say to you?" And, in his answer he also said he thought Palacio's reaction was just a "heat of the moment" thing. I don't think Taylor was trying to draw undue attention to the incident.

Anyway, that was my impression - others may see it differently. Here's a link to the interview (the question and answer about Palacio begins around 3:50):

http://www.flowrestling.org/coverage/251121-Southern-Scuffle-2014/video/728352-David-Taylor-needs-to-be-creative-and-patient

Being from Long Island. I am a big fan of Dylan. He is a great kid and athlete. I know he will learn alot form this match with Taylor. At this level he is learning the technique of shortening up matches . After two periods 2-1 (+ 1 rt pt). Not bad for a freshmen who had his first DT encounter. Possibly, he or Realbuto may switch weights in a year or two. I think he might even be better at 157 a weight Im sure he can make. This kid has the goods and improvement is expected.

Being from Long Island. I am a big fan of Dylan. He is a great kid and athlete. I know he will learn alot form this match with Taylor. At this level he is learning the technique of shortening up matches . After two periods 2-1 (+ 1 rt pt). Not bad for a freshmen who had his first DT encounter. Possibly, he or Realbuto may switch weights in a year or two. I think he might even be better at 157 a weight Im sure he can make. This kid has the goods and improvement is expected.

Yes, the two faced each other in the same high school weight class. Palacio looks to be taller, but he probably is still wrestling one weight above his ideal. Will be interesting to see how Koll sorts it out.

It's ridiculous people are trying to make Palacio out to be some sort of villain here. The incident occurred off camera and there is no way to no for certain what happened other than Palacio got upset about it. What we do know is that both wrestlers were called for unsportsmanlike conduct and Palacio was the one extending his hand to bury the hatchet.

Crucify both wrestlers in this instance or neither. I'd say neither one should be considered a thug given what I saw.

I was at the Scuffle and didn't notice anything other than Palacio getting a little hot when Taylor pushed him going OOB. However, he regained his composure quickly and extended his hand to Taylor - who shook it and action resumed without further incident. In his post-match interview, Taylor said it was just a "heat-of-the-moment" reaction. My impression then, as well as now, is that it's just one of those things that happens in wrestling - no big deal - and no villains.

Not that it matters, but I'm not even sure either guy should have been called for UC. I suppose Palacio only got hit because he used foul language. And Taylor's shove going OOB was minor compared to others I saw that weren't called throughout the tournament. Probably the ref called it on both guys just to make sure things didn't escalate.

I have never heard Taylor complain about anything during an interview before and I have been following him since high school. The swearing must have been pretty bad for Taylor to talk about it on camera.

Taylor's comments didn't strike me as complaining. He didn't bring the incident up until the interviewer asked him: "What did the Cornell guy say to you?" And, in his answer he also said he thought Palacio's reaction was just a "heat of the moment" thing. I don't think Taylor was trying to draw undue attention to the incident.

Anyway, that was my impression - others may see it differently. Here's a link to the interview (the question and answer about Palacio begins around 3:50):

http://www.flowrestling.org/coverage/251121-Southern-Scuffle-2014/video/728352-David-Taylor-needs-to-be-creative-and-patient

Zeb with the subtle shout out to Ian Miller who reminds Taylor what feet to back feels like every time they wrestle.

Kid did nothing wrong competing got hot, probably few choice words ,from long island , needs to control that but back to middle good sport extends hand.

Like cornell team garnet , reabulto,dean,palacio,grey, few years

Solid

All these guys compete not Concerned freshman, big upside here

I was at the Scuffle sitting right above where this match took place. What shocked me, and those around me, about the situation wasn't the yip yappin between Palacio and Taylor, it was that Palacio did some yip yappin to Cael. After the match Palacio went to shake hands with the coaches in the PSU corner, but Cael and Cunningham had their backs turned. Don't know if it was intentional, but definitely an interesting match to see live.

What shocked me, and those around me, about the situation wasn't the yip yappin between Palacio and Taylor, it was that Palacio did some yip yappin to Cael.

Interesting - why would Palacio yip-yap at Cael? Did Cael say something to Palacio that Dylan responded to?

He does seem like a kid who likes to run his mouth a little too much. Nothing wrong with being emotional and being confident (Dake for instance) but he comes pretty close to crossing the line over to being a punk. Hope he can calm it down because I love the program and think they have the best staff in the country and would like to see the great results continue into the future

What shocked me, and those around me, about the situation wasn't the yip yappin between Palacio and Taylor, it was that Palacio did some yip yappin to Cael.

Interesting - why would Palacio yip-yap at Cael? Did Cael say something to Palacio that Dylan responded to?

I couldn't hear what was being said, but it appeared to me that Cael was talking to the ref and sticking up for his wrestler. Apparently, Palacio did not approve. Pure speculation on my part, but that's what it looked like to me.

Dylan carries himself with some swagger, but I think that is an attitude you need to have in order to be successful in a lot of arenas. You need to have that self confidence in order to achieve great things.

I can tell you, despite how things might look at times on the mat, he's a really good kid. For years, he was a youth counselor at a community camp program, takes every chance he gets to pay tribute to a close friend who passed away, etc. He may lose his head in the heat of the moment, but this is a solid human being through and through.

I think he asked, Cael "who his barber was" ?? Dylan is a kid who rolls with a mixed group from "da beach". Cant play dirty with him even if you are the "chosen one".

I'm sure if he says anything similar to Damian Hahn, who is also taller than his hair, he gets a beat-down.

Sounds like he and Billy George ought to bunk together. Hopefully they'll straighten him out before he tries to kick someone's head in. Doubtful though, since George didn't seem to take on much in the way of a penalty.

Sounds like he and Billy George ought to bunk together. Hopefully they'll straighten him out before he tries to kick someone's head in. Doubtful though, since George didn't seem to take on much in the way of a penalty.

All you've done in this thread is make inane posts trashing Cornell and their wrestlers. Get a life.

Wow, you really are full of crap. Since you don't really have any idea what Billy George did or did not do as a result of his actions, I can only take it that you've got an ax to grind. And further suggesting that Palacio might engage in any kind of violent act without any basis just emphasises that you are bent on bearing false witness against others. Any comments you make will be colored accordingly.

On the other hand, I have met Billy George. I had an opportunity to sit and talk to him at Philly during 2011 NCAA's (well before his unfortunate incident at Easterns). My impression of him at that time was that he was extremely upbeat, enthusiastic, but also very high strung. On the whole, I found him to be a very likeable kid.

I hear from people close to the program that he's doing well now in the wrestling room, and that he is well liked by his team mates for his enthusiasm and can-do attitude. No doubt, what he did to Nate Brown was a terrible thing, but I also have no doubt that George is learning and benefitting from the guidance he gets from his coaches and team mates. Ands on the whole, that can't be a bad thing. Second chances can be a good thing, sometimes.

False witness?? Really?

I've known of Billy George since he scammed his way onto his High School team. That team was full of poorly behaved "student-athletes"; go back and check the videotapes. As such, his actions were not surprising to me. What was surprising was that a fine institution like Cornell purports to be didn't drum him out of the school. It says a lot about the program. Of course if he was a grown man and had a beer or he shot a varmint the Ithaca effete, elite faithful would probably be piling on.

.... Of course if he was a grown man and had a beer or he shot a varmint the Ithaca effete, elite faithful would probably be piling on.

Wow. I'm not sure what this has to do with anything in this thread, except that it seems to be some kind of baggage you are carrying on yourself. I do pity you. You really do have some issues, huh? Maybe you should find a good psychologist?

Excellent example of wrestlers not being afraid of opponents. This is the step every wrestler needs to take. Confidence in their abilities in other words. Great job Dylan! Wish you were at Iowa. We love that fire in the belly!