Sign in to follow this  
madcat11

tOSU vs. Wisconsin

Also, I feel bad for leaving my old friend Mitch Clark out of my list of great upper weight wrestlers from OSU. He is still around showing people how to ride the **** out of someone with the legs in:) Great, great leg rider.

So long as March is all that matters in this sport, coaches will protect seeds, particularly in the B1G. I have no idea if anyone was sick but clearly wrestling a sick guy in a dual is just idiotic. Just getting a sick kid to weight is stupid. I'm a healthy guy - I caught the flu a few weeks ago, thought I was over it, put in a couple 20-hour workdays, ended up developing bronchitis/pneumonia and am flat on my ass again on bed rest. You have to be very careful with any kind of illness, particularly this time of year. The fact that we go year after year without entire teams of overtrained, underfed kids being down for weeks with disease demonstrate that coaches and trainers are all over this.

I'm not a tOSU fan, but it's insane to me that people who are fans of tOSU would bag on Nick Heflin. The kid was obviously a very solid high school wrestler but had nowhere near the resume of Tessari, Camp, and others. Well, Tessari and Camp are gone (without ever realizing their potential), and Heflin's still there - just a two-time AA who killed himself to stay at 174 for the team last year. I don't know Heflin, but I've seen him interviewed and he seems like a very hardworking guy with a whole lot of character and great perspective. His offensive limitations are clear (including to him), yet he keeps finding a way to win matches in March.

Will Helfin wrestle today against Mario Gonzalez?

If he does and loses ...you can always blame it on the flu

What if Heflin wrestles and not Gonzalez?

Looks like Gonzalez was protecting his seed. That's just horrible.

Careful gentlemen. I called out Tom Ryan a while back for selectively holding back wrestlers and was attacked quite vehemently by certain tOSU supporters. I am certain someone close to the program will have some inside info that yet again clears Ryan of any suspicious activity.

Yep it's much better to attack a coach on a message board (like calling him a coward) than to attack the message board posters themselves.

:roll:

And by the way, contrary to what TrackWrestling says, Johnni DiJulius did not wrestle today, it was Kyle Visconti.

Can someone again explain the "unethical advantage" of not having JD wrestle today?

Ryan knew that Tavanello could handle everything just nicely.