Sign in to follow this  
spiral_stall

Nice suplex in recent college football game

And now Nick Saban is making his player write a letter of apology to the Mizzou guy. Ridiculous.

I don't think there is anything wrong with that. Yes, this is common in (non-scholastic) wrestling but it I don't think there is an expectation for it to happen in football.

Personally, I don't care one way or the other. But just because it is common in our sport doesn't mean that it isn't unsportsman in another. Anytime I have watched it used in football, the commentators have called for a flag. That tells me it is at least a gray area.

It isn't like writing a letter is a big punishment. I mean, will the kid even actually write it himself? Or will the SID write it and the kid will simply read it in a press conference?

As far as I'm concerned, there's nothing to apologize for. "Sorry I tackled you too hard."

Sports highlight shows glorify vicious tackles all the time, yet people want this kid suspended for that tackle. Right after that discussion on an ESPN show, they ran a promo for this weekend's games that included a ballcarrier being picked up, spun around and thrown down by a defender.

As far as I'm concerned, there's nothing to apologize for. "Sorry I tackled you too hard."

Sports highlight shows glorify vicious tackles all the time, yet people want this kid suspended for that tackle. Right after that discussion on an ESPN show, they ran a promo for this weekend's games that included a ballcarrier being picked up, spun around and thrown down by a defender.

I don't disagree with your premise. But I think it is just making a mountain out of a molehill. The media always over hypes what happens and people tune in to hear debates and get riled up.

I just don't think a discussion means that anyone is really on the verge of taking action.

NICE ONE !!!

Considering, there were way too many guys on the mat !!!!

And his singlet looked a bit bulky. :shock:

Has anyone determined if he was a former wrestler or not. Me thinks yes.