Sign in to follow this  
aknipp

B1G 174

Is going to be interesting to seed.

Top 4 will be Storley, Brown, Evans and Kokesh. Nebraska doesn't wrestle PSU or Minnesota. So if Kokesh beats Evans then he enters the tournament 1 or 2. Do the other 3 wrestle each other? Won't make a huge difference there isn't a large gap between 1 and 4.

It's acutally pretty easy to seed.

#1. Brown: 4-1 over Evans, 3-2 over Storley, Wrestles Storley again Feb 9th(So that could throw a wrench into things), and doesn't see Kokesh

#2. Storley: 3-2 loss to Brown, gets Brown 1 more time on Feb 9th, Wrestles Evans on Jan 26th

#3. Evans: 4-1 loss to Brown, Wrestles Kokesh Jan 18th, Wrestles Storley Jan 26th

#4. Kokesh: Only sees Evans on Jan 18th and doesn't see the others.

Feb 16th/17th is National Duals and Minnesota and Nebraska will be there, so Kokesh could possibly see Storley there.

Brown is in the driver's seat for #1 seed and 2/3 could flip flop.

If Kokesh doesn't see Storley at National Duals, I don't really see anyway he gets seeded higher than 3rd at Big 10's

If Evans beat Kokesh, I agree. But if Kokesh wins out how is he seeded below guys with a loss? Do they take ranking or last years results into account?

Who, if any, of the other 3 still has a chance to wrestle Howe before Big 10's?

In my mind, Kokesh and Evans are wrestling for the #1 seed on Saturday.

And how do you come up with that, considering Brown has already beaten Evans? If Evans beats Kokesh and Storley turns around and beats Evans, the seeing would look like this:

1. Brown

2. Storley

3. Evans

4. Kokesh

There is no other way to seed that weight if the scenario above happens that way.

That is why I started this thread.

In FB for the championship game, the division winners are chosen by conference record first. If A beats B but loses to 2 teams (because they play the tougher teams in the other division) and B wins against lousy teams, B goes to the championship game. If there is a tie with the conference record, they go head to head, after that I think rankings. I have no idea what rules are used for seeding, except the coaches will vote.

The worst Kokesh will have is 1 loss, possibly none in the conference assuming NU/Minny do not meet in the National Duals.

In FB for the championship game, the division winners are chosen by conference record first. If A beats B but loses to 2 teams (because they play the tougher teams in the other division) and B wins against lousy teams, B goes to the championship game. If there is a tie with the conference record, they go head to head, after that I think rankings. I have no idea what rules are used for seeding, except the coaches will vote.

The worst Kokesh will have is 1 loss, possibly none in the conference assuming NU/Minny do not meet in the National Duals.

Nebraska isn't attending National Duals.

Nebraska isn't attending National Duals.

Yup, I knew that, but Kokesh already faced Howe, which is why it would be nice for Brown to have to face him. Kokesh without another loss should have as good of argument as anyone who isn't unbeaten for #1 seed at B10s. Too bad Kokesh doesn't get a crack at Perry.

It's acutally pretty easy to seed.

#1. Brown: 4-1 over Evans, 3-2 over Storley, Wrestles Storley again Feb 9th(So that could throw a wrench into things), and doesn't see Kokesh

#2. Storley: 3-2 loss to Brown, gets Brown 1 more time on Feb 9th, Wrestles Evans on Jan 26th

#3. Evans: 4-1 loss to Brown, Wrestles Kokesh Jan 18th, Wrestles Storley Jan 26th

#4. Kokesh: Only sees Evans on Jan 18th and doesn't see the others.

Feb 16th/17th is National Duals and Minnesota and Nebraska will be there, so Kokesh could possibly see Storley there.

Brown is in the driver's seat for #1 seed and 2/3 could flip flop.

If Kokesh doesn't see Storley at National Duals, I don't really see anyway he gets seeded higher than 3rd at Big 10's

Why would that be? He beat Storley the last time they met, didn't he?

Kokesh at #2 seems likely. Not sure why Kokesh does not get more respect. He is the returning 3rd place AA and people are seeding him 4th in the Big 10 tourney? Really?

B1G does not seed based on prior year results. Head-to-head B1G competition of the current season is the primary criteria.

Howe will be at national duals

Will Brown ?

Sanderson doesn't believe in National Duals. Judging by attendance he may be right.

PSU won't be there.

OK, lets start all the "Cael-Is-Evil-because-PSU-does-not-attend-National-Duals" threads.

Or send your cards and letters to someone who gives a sh1t (not directed at you Coachp or ocho...or any one person).

And how do you come up with that, considering Brown has already beaten Evans? If Evans beats Kokesh and Storley turns around and beats Evans, the seeing would look like this:

1. Brown

2. Storley

3. Evans

4. Kokesh

There is no other way to seed that weight if the scenario above happens that way.

1. Brown

2. Kokesh

3. Winner of Storley/Evans

4. Loser Storley/Evans

1. Brown

2. Storley

3. Evans

4. Kokesh

1. Brown

2. Kokesh

4. Loser Storley/Evans

Well. I see no logic to your seeding. so I did a little digging:

Brown is 20-1 this year with 6 MD, 2 TF, and 6 pins. His loss was to Perry 4-0 giving up back points

Kokesh is 24-1 this year with 6 MD, 3 TF, and 8 pins. His loss was to Howe 3-2 in a much talked about match

I could only find 2 common opponents:

Brown pinned Latham of Oregon State

Kokesh majored Latham of Oregon St 10-1

Brown beat Evans 4-1 getting 1 takedown, an escape, and riding time

Kokesh beat Evans 7-3 with 3 takedowns, added an escape, and gave up 3 escapes

Northwestern didn't put a guy out against Kokesh

Against Indiana they wrestled and beat different wrestlers

I know people say it isn't taken into account, but in the 1 career matchup of the two, last year, Kokesh won 10-7

1. Brown

2. Storley

3. Evans

4. Kokesh

1. Brown

2. Kokesh

4. Loser Storley/Evans

Well. I see no logic to your seeding. so I did a little digging:

Brown is 20-1 this year with 6 MD, 2 TF, and 6 pins. His loss was to Perry 4-0 giving up back points

Kokesh is 24-1 this year with 6 MD, 3 TF, and 8 pins. His loss was to Howe 3-2 in a much talked about match

I could only find 2 common opponents:

Brown pinned Latham of Oregon State

Kokesh majored Latham of Oregon St 10-1

Brown beat Evans 4-1 getting 1 takedown, an escape, and riding time

Kokesh beat Evans 7-3 with 3 takedowns, added an escape, and gave up 3 escapes

Northwestern didn't put a guy out against Kokesh

Against Indiana they wrestled and beat different wrestlers

I know people say it isn't taken into account, but in the 1 career matchup of the two, last year, Kokesh won 10-7

How is Kokesh not the #1 seed @ BIG?

Kokesh won the last meeting with Brown. I don't see Brown having any criteria over Kokesh to be ranked a head of him. Both lost to the same wrestler at NCAA's last year Perry.

1-Kokesh

2-Brown

3-Storley

4-Evans