Sign in to follow this  
Perry

The Altons

Do any Penn State faithful know if they will be back in the starting lineup for the dual against Purdue tonight? Minus Walsh from Indiana, it doesn't look like their schedule is too tough the next couple of weeks. Seems like a good chance for them to get back on the mat and get ready for B1G and NCAAs.

I thought Dylan looked fine. 3rd period takedown and nice ride out to finish.

Andrew, not so much, at least in the 3rd. Just doesn't have the energy from the bottom. Also had to call injury time for the shoulder. We PSU fans can only hope he comes around as the season progresses.

I thought Dylan looked fine. 3rd period takedown and nice ride out to finish.

Andrew, not so much, at least in the 3rd. Just doesn't have the energy from the bottom. Also had to call injury time for the shoulder. We PSU fans can only hope he comes around as the season progresses.

Andrew up 6-2 at the end of the 1st. Wins 7-6, giving up 3 points for stalling.

Andrew has always had gas tank issues in college, so I'm not sure there's much remedy at this point. The shoulder issue is definitely worrisome to the PSU Faithful. I wonder if the shoulder stays troublesome if Cael will put him on the shelf despite his higher upside than the other options at the weight.

Andrew had the flu last weekend and did not wrestle in the F&M open, and has been out since summer with surgery. I am a bit disappointed he faded big time, but I realize his season has just started and he is not in shape yet. Give him a few weeks at least to see how he is doing then.

Andrew had the flu last weekend and did not wrestle in the F&M open, and has been out since summer with surgery. I am a bit disappointed he faded big time, but I realize his season has just started and he is not in shape yet. Give him a few weeks at least to see how he is doing then.

I think we have seen enough evidence on Andrew's gas tank at this point in his career to say that it is a weakness.

I think we have seen enough evidence on Andrew's gas tank at this point in his career to say that it is a weakness.

Definitely today. Looked gassed to me. Not only on the stall points (which I don't think he deserved quite as many as awarded to the PU guy but he did deserve some of them), but he looked stuck in mud on two different shots the PU guy took and I think he was a little fortunate to not give up a take down.

Dylan looked merely OK. I have seen both of them look better, as in pre suspension last year. Hope its just a matter of working back into shape.

From what I saw of Andrew he certainly is a month behind Dylan in the recovery process. He had his shoulder worked over pretty good to the point I almost expected a default! I would not be surprised if Beitz or Frey end up wrestling the bulk of the Big 10 schedule and wrestle off for the tourney.

I for one miss Andrew at his best.

Does Beitz have any chance to start for PSU come conference time?

That's Cael's decision.

Right now I expect to see a lot of Alton. Someone somewhere posted both Alton's are registered for the Shorty Hitchcock next Sunday, so, if true, we won't get to see Andrew vs. Tsirtsis.

I do think you'll see Dylan vs. Walsh + Andrew vs. the IU 149er on Friday night.

I, for one, am not to optimistic about them going forward. I always have said they can beat the best, but I am not convinced now. The gas tank is such a noticeable issue with Andrew, and Dylan doesn't seem to have what it takes to run a tough gauntlet at 157.

Andrew was not always gassing. I have linked two matches from his freshman year, one against Kennedy from Illinois and one against Kellen Russell from Michigan. Andrew wrestles hard the entire match both times.

I believe the injury and lack of mat time has something to do with this.

http://www.flowrestling.org/coverage/23 ... l-Michigan

Re Andrew Alton, I know he's coming off an injury, but . . . where is the dynamic performer from his true freshman year. That guy was so unique, and fun to watch. This guy is very ordinary looking and not much of an upgrade from Frey or Beitz, especially with the gas tank issues.

Dylan actually looked pretty good to me, particularly his finishes on his takedowns, which were very quick and emphatic.

Andrew has always had gas tank issues in college, so I'm not sure there's much remedy at this point. The shoulder issue is definitely worrisome to the PSU Faithful. I wonder if the shoulder stays troublesome if Cael will put him on the shelf despite his higher upside than the other options at the weight.

If Cael shelves Alton, or even Gulibon for that matter, I'll stop calling Tigs out on his nonsense forever! He can say and twist whatever he wants until the end of time. Has to be Cael shelving them though, not injury or dog dies, or DUI or anything like that.

I think Cael should stick with the Altons, I would love to see them in the lineup for Penn State come B1G's.

There is a chance Oklahoma State, Minnesota, and Iowa would like to see them in the line up as well.