Sign in to follow this  
RecHall

Dapper Dan

Looking at a potential PA / USA roster for this years Dapper Dan. Some weight shuffles with the allowance are taken into consideration. I would think this PA roster would have a great shot of winning the dual.

113: Scott Parker (PA) / Anthony Bosco (USA)

120: Ethan Lizak (PA) / Nathan Boston (USA)

126: Zeke Moisey (PA) / Stevan Micic (USA)

132: Tyler Smith (PA) / Josh Alber (USA)

138: Joey Galasso (PA) / Joey McKenna (USA)

145: Jason Nolf (PA) / Micah Jordan (USA)

152: TC Warner (PA) / Bryce Brill (USA)

160: Garrett Peppelman (PA) / Ryan Blees (USA)

170: Chance Marstellar (PA) / Bo Nickal (USA)

182: Zack Zavatsky (PA) / Johnny Sebastian (USA)

195: Tom Sleigh (PA) / Chip Ness (USA)

220: Mike Boykin (PA)/ Roy Nash (USA)

HWT: Thomas Haines (PA) / Nick Nevills (USA)

I would favor PA at 113 with Parker going down. I would actually make PA a big favorite at 170 with Marstellar. I would favor USA at 195 with Ness and have them being a big favorite at 152 with Brill. All other matches I think would be toss ups. Most interesting matches would be Galasso down a weight versus McKenna. The two biggest matches would be Nolf/Jordan and Haines/Nevills. Any thoughts?

TC Warner already dropped to 152 and im pretty sure Peppelman is dropping to 160.

Chishko is dropping to 138.

All that does is make the PA team stronger. I would still consider leaving Galasso at 138. You could plug Warner in at 152 and slide Peppelman into 160.

This will be a GREAT event. So many terrific match ups. Nevills-Haines, Chance-Bo, Nolf Jordan.

Speaking of Nolf and Jordan, Nolf has won a boat load of tournaments this year and he has basically crushed everyone along the way. Jordan wins Ironman on the basis of a stall point on home court.

Shouldn't Nolf be favored?

This will be a GREAT event. So many terrific match ups. Nevills-Haines, Chance-Bo, Nolf Jordan.

Speaking of Nolf and Jordan, Nolf has won a boat load of tournaments this year and he has basically crushed everyone along the way. Jordan wins Ironman on the basis of a stall point on home court.

Possibly. Nolf is on fire, but Jordan has great wins the last 2 years. He beat Chishko fairly easily and last year beat Dean Heil, the last high school wrestler to beat Pico. Jordan is a stud himself. Main question is, will he accept the invite? If he does I may give Nolf the slight edge due to home state advantage, but not a lot. That and Nevills/Haines I think are the best matches. As much as I hate to say it being a PSU guy, I don't think Nickal keeps it close with Marstellar, yet.

Possibly. Nolf is on fire, but Jordan has great wins the last 2 years. He beat Chishko fairly easily and last year beat Dean Heil, the last high school wrestler to beat Pico. Jordan is a stud himself. Main question is, will he accept the invite? If he does I may give Nolf the slight edge due to home state advantage, but not a lot. That and Nevills/Haines I think are the best matches. As much as I hate to say it being a PSU guy, I don't think Nickal keeps it close with Marstellar, yet.

Wrestling Chance is like trying to wrestle a tree stump. How do you ever get him on the mat? I can really only recall him being taken down once in a h.s. folk match and he reversed that guy and got back points all in about 7 seconds.

TC Warner already dropped to 152 and im pretty sure Peppelman is dropping to 160.

All that does is make the PA team stronger. I would still consider leaving Galasso at 138. You could plug Warner in at 152 and slide Peppelman into 160.

If Galasso and Chishko are both at 138, then they'll likely face each other at Hershey.

If Galasso and Chishko are both at 138, then they'll likely face each other at Hershey.

Galasso will most likely be at 145.

Dapper Dan official lineup, Team USA

113: Brian Rossi (USA)

120: Nathan Boston (USA)

126: Stevan Micic (USA)

132: Josh Alber (USA)

138: Joey McKenna (USA)

145: Tyler Berger (USA)

152: Bryce Brill (USA)

160: Ryan Blees (USA)

170: Bo Nickal (USA)

182: Johnny Sebastian (USA)

195: Chip Ness (USA)

220: Kyle Snyder (USA)

HWT: Nick Nevills (USA)

Dapper Dan official lineup, Team USA

113: Brian Rossi (USA)

120: Nathan Boston (USA)

126: Stevan Micic (USA)

132: Josh Alber (USA)

138: Joey McKenna (USA)

145: Tyler Berger (USA)

152: Bryce Brill (USA)

160: Ryan Blees (USA)

170: Bo Nickal (USA)

182: Johnny Sebastian (USA)

195: Chip Ness (USA)

220: Kyle Snyder (USA)

HWT: Nick Nevills (USA)

Here is a link to the above. Chance Marstellar is confirmed at 170 for Team Pennsylvania. I believe this will be one of the very best Dapper Dan's of all time.

http://www.flowrestling.org/coverage/25 ... u-cGLSzm5J

They are going to have a very hard time not picking some of the 145's:

113 No idea (guessing Parker or Lizak drop down)

120 Parker or Lizak

126 Moisey or Macri

132 Tyler Smith

138 Brock Zacherl

145 Nolf, Chisko, Galasso (Nolf will get in, and truthfully so should the others, wow)

152 TC Warner

160 Garrett Peppleman

170 Chance

182 Zack Zavatsky

195 Loiseau or Barlow?

220 Mike Boykin

Hwt Haines

Here is a link to the above. Chance Marstellar is confirmed at 170 for Team Pennsylvania. I believe this will be one of the very best Dapper Dan's of all time.

120 Parker or Lizak

126 Moisey or Macri

132 Tyler Smith

138 Brock Zacherl

145 Nolf, Chisko, Galasso (Nolf will get in, and truthfully so should the others, wow)

152 TC Warner

160 Garrett Peppleman

170 Chance

182 Zack Zavatsky

195 Loiseau or Barlow?

220 Mike Boykin

Hwt Haines

Flo has Chisko at 138, if he does drop I'd have him in over Zacherl.

120 Parker or Lizak

126 Moisey or Macri

132 Tyler Smith

138 Brock Zacherl

152 TC Warner

160 Garrett Peppleman

170 Chance

182 Zack Zavatsky

195 Loiseau or Barlow?

220 Mike Boykin

Hwt Haines

Flo has Chisko at 138, if he does drop I'd have him in over Zacherl.

zackpsa.jpg

Nolf will get picked at 145, Glasso doesn't have the resume. A 5th placing 2 years ago at states hurts his cause, as one of his losses was a 40 second pin. Solomon will have to drop down to 138 if he wants to make the team.

honestly, i don't know if Chishko will/can drop.

i received several messages that he is dropping, so i moved him in the rankings (similar messages for Warner and Peppelman proved accurate)

but on the nwca scorebook (which is admittedly hit-or-miss) Chishko is listed as a 145. on the scorebook, wrestlers are supposed to be listed at their alpha weight.

so, who knows?

Nolf will get picked at 145, Glasso doesn't have the resume. A 5th placing 2 years ago at states hurts his cause, as one of his losses was a 40 second pin. Solomon will have to drop down to 138 if he wants to make the team.

Dapper Dan is an exhibition and, as such, they are pretty liberal on weight allowances. Chisko could be given the 138 slot even if he goes 145 at PIAA.

I don't see anyone in high school beating Nolf at 145, but that is just my $0.02. I also don't see anyone in h.s. beating Chance at 170. He is too strong and too fundamentally sound. Never know though. That's why they wrestle.

Nickal is a full-sized 182 pounder (who is down at 170 bc its best for his team) and will easily be north of 180 with the weight allowance and recovery time by the time they wrestle. Bo hasn't lost since he tangled with I-Mar last year when he went upper body and gave up big points but also took him down three or four times later in the match. This will be a helluva matchup.

Rameses

Congrats to Adam Tirapelle for being selected as Team USA's Honorary coach.

(All right Adam, we want see a lot of lateral drops, headlocks, spladles, cradles and wild scrambles. Hopefully I'm not asking for too much.)

Seriously, best of luck and have fun with that outstanding lineup.

in re Galasso not having the resume, he's on the verge of becoming a 2x PA state champion who has already commited to Cornell.

He is a STUD.

here's an example...In an exciting bout of two top talents Galasso gave Retherford what would end up being the closest match of his undefeated senior season. Galasso fell to the Benton Area Tiger in overtime (5-3 OT).

Flo moved Chisko back into the 145 rankings. Him being ranked at 138 was the only thing I've heard about him dropping so I doubt he drops.

Neither Galasso or Chisko will be taking the PA 145lb spot from Nolf.

Assuming Chisko does wrestle 145 at PIAA's that should set up a Chisko v. Galasso final.. hopefully the winner will get the PA 138lb spot to make the PA Line up stronger.