Sign in to follow this  
RecHall

Dapper Dan

The state with the self proclaimed best depth just got trounced. I would hate to see the score if Illinois all stars came to PA.

Quit being stupid. The WPIAL team had a combined 9 WPIAL championships between them. I'm talking LEAGUE championships...not State titles. Oklahoma had a combined 22 State titles between them. And you actually think that's a fair way to judge PA's depth? Really? You're talking one league versus an entire states best and you're surprised at the outcome?

You need your head examined my friend...

I thought the Wpial was supposed to be the best league in the state, with 3 state champs on their team? I know one of the Ok kids wrestled up as a backup (actually helping pa avoid another loss in the big event).

Oh, and now it's just an exhibition? Regulation time and a week after states? Much more accurate than the Super 32, a pre season event w short periods, right?

Oklahoma boys came to wrestle. Nice showing.

These matches were two 2 1/2 min pds, both starting from neutral. Not exactly regulation time.

Kids on both teams wrestled out of their regular season weight classes. Nothing to complain about there.

I thought the WPIAL kids would win a few more matches, but that Okie team was really good.

dont believe anyone has any reason to bitch.

I thought the Wpial was supposed to be the best league in the state, with 3 state champs on their team? I know one of the Ok kids wrestled up as a backup (actually helping pa avoid another loss in the big event).

Oh, and now it's just an exhibition? Regulation time and a week after states? Much more accurate than the Super 32, a pre season event w short periods, right?

We already know you feel Pennsylvania wrestling is overated...

Do we really have to go through all this yet again?

I thought the Wpial was supposed to be the best league in the state, with 3 state champs on their team?

The only state champ that I saw on the WPIAL team was Tyler Smith, and he won today 10-2. And fwiw, he wasn't even a state champ this year.

Sometimes it would just be better to say we got beat, rather than scrambling for excuses. PA has great wrestling, but there are plenty of other states that produce great talent.

The 40th annual Classic is an exception to that unwritten rule, as the WPIAL team features three PIAA champions: Burrell's Steven Edwards, Avella's Jake Temple and Franklin Regional's Tyler Smith.

3 state champs.

Sometimes it would just be better to say we got beat, rather than scrambling for excuses. PA has great wrestling, but there are plenty of other states that produce great talent.

The 40th annual Classic is an exception to that unwritten rule, as the WPIAL team features three PIAA champions: Burrell's Steven Edwards, Avella's Jake Temple and Franklin Regional's Tyler Smith.

3 state champs.

Here's the source article...

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/hsot ... 1403160145

3 state champs.

OK, the WPIAL District 7 got beat tonight.

I guess your mentioning the district was yet another way of slipping in it was just one district? Did you forget it had 3 state champs (not one), and did you catch the career records for the Wpial team? Every bit as good cumulatively than the OK team, and achieved in PA! The deepest state, right?

Do you feel it's unfair to have the Wpial team vs a state all star team?

So which is it, Pa is so good that the Wpial is better than most states, or the Wpial isn't nearly good enough to compete w a state all star team? Can't have it both ways.

The state with the self proclaimed best depth just got trounced. I would hate to see the score if Illinois all stars came to PA.

Quit being stupid. The WPIAL team had a combined 9 WPIAL championships between them. I'm talking LEAGUE championships...not State titles. Oklahoma had a combined 22 State titles between them. And you actually think that's a fair way to judge PA's depth? Really? You're talking one league versus an entire states best and you're surprised at the outcome?

You need your head examined my friend...

OK has 4 classes for wrestling. The 6A/5A/4A classes only have 32 teams total per class. 3A is the sweeper class and has a 40+. Assuming every team has a wrestler the state champ is only 1st of 32. The WPIAL website lists 83 teams with wrestling, so it isn't completely lopsided comparing the two.

Pennsylvania still has the most depth (fairly easily) but Oklahoma has a solid group of kids at the moment and worked the Pennsylvania 'b' team.

tbar - don't try to reason or argue with NJMarty. he wants to dance on PA's grave, like always.

OKie sent a first rate team and they won. Good for them.

Bloodsuckers like NJMarty will feed off of that for the next 6 months.

He's just an annoying little geek. Wonder if he ever wrestled?

Uh oh, crusty cougar isn't happy. His heroes got bludgeoned, and the excuses aren't cutting it, so he resorts to personal attacks.

If you guys wonder why there are threads about why everyone detests PA and PSU fans, this thread is a good example. Arrogance, followed by excuse making.

Uh oh, crusty cougar isn't happy. His heroes got bludgeoned, and the excuses aren't cutting it, so he resorts to personal attacks.

If you guys wonder why there are threads about why everyone detests PA and PSU fans, this thread is a good example. Arrogance, followed by excuse making.

njmarty:

did I make excuses? I didn't notice any. you're annoying but nothing else. and the WPIAL are not my heroes. I kinda don't like them cause they win too much.

Get your facts straight, little guy.

Lol, crusty you are always good for a laugh.

Had PA had even a decent showing, these boards would be overrun with the usual suspects crowing about it. Now? Just the PA nut higher Tbar and you.

tbar - don't try to reason or argue with NJMarty. he wants to dance on PA's grave, like always.

He lives to put Pennsy down. Insecurity.

Actually he argues in favor of the great wrestling state of New Jersey -

home of the unbeatable Jordan Burroughs. uh, wait, didn't he just lose?

well, there's that superstar hs kid Nick Suriano - oh, yeah, he lost to a PA kid before our kid wrestled his first high school match.

I guess he can't brag about his own kids so he gets off on putting down ours.

So, NJMarty, how do you like Spencer Lee?

Actually he argues in favor of the great wrestling state of New Jersey -

home of the unbeatable Jordan Burroughs. uh, wait, didn't he just lose?

well, there's that superstar hs kid Nick Suriano - oh, yeah, he lost to a PA kid before our kid wrestled his first high school match.

I guess he can't brag about his own kids so he gets off on putting down ours.

So, NJMarty, how do you like Spencer Lee?

Are you suggesting that Pa fans have more to brag about with Spencer Lee than NJWC has to brag about with Burroughs?

No, I'm suggesting that NJMarty is a jerk.

Burroughs is great, Suriano is great. I've had NJ state champs as drinking buds.

My brother attends most NJ state title meets just as I attend most PA state title meets.

This guy has a burr up his butt and I'm just being a bit snarky because he has nothing positive to say.

That's not true, I'm positive you're an idiot. Lee won an OT match, in October, with short periods vs Suriano, after having done nothing but wrestle the entire off season.

JB is better than anyone the state of PA has ever produced, and you take a shot at him? Lol, idiot.

Tbar, a little salty today, after your guys got run over? Doesn't quite fit your narrative, does it?

That's not true, I'm positive you're an idiot. Lee won an OT match, in October, with short periods vs Suriano, after having done nothing but wrestle the entire off season.

JB is better than anyone the state of PA has ever produced, and you take a shot at him? Lol, idiot.

Tbar, a little salty today, after your guys got run over? Doesn't quite fit your narrative, does it?

Beautifully said, NJMarty.

First accuse PA people of making excuses when we lose, then explain away your loses as "OT match, in October with short periods"

no excuses there. well done, sir. well done.