Sign in to follow this  
RecHall

Dapper Dan

NJWC Marty, look, the Oklahoma team beat our District 7 (out of 12). The district team had 1 Class AAA State Champ andf two Class AA State champs on it. The Class AAA champ won, the two others lost. It is what it is.

The only thing that ruins a good event like this is having to read all of your posts putting down Pennsylvania's wrestlers and fans, but that is you. That is Marty. You can't change your spots. I get it.

BTW, here are the NCAA Qualifiers by State. Pennsylvania is, like just about always, number 1 in NCAA Qualifiers. We'll be #1 in all Americans too!

State Count

PA 63

OH 31

NJ 24

IL 21

NY 20

MI 16

IA 15

CA 13

VA 11

MN 10

MO 10

Wow, you're posting collegiate national qualifiers in a thread about the PA HS all stars getting swamped, and I'M the insecure one? Lol, yeah ok.

The fact that you are even posting in this thread, in the same anti PA rhetoric you ALWAYS post with, says that you are insecure.

So in addition to being a PA jock sniffer, you're an amateur psychiatrist? What does it say about a guy posting something completely unrelated to the thread (collegiate national qualifiers???), in an effort to deflect? Is that a little insecurity, Dr. Freud?

Man, you guys are killing me.

Give Oklahoma credit. They are an elite wrestling state. They're always in the mix when have state vs. state junior freestyle duals in the summer, and they produce excellent kids every year. For this event, they got most of their senior big guns to attend, and once there they performed. There aren't many (if any) years that the WPIAL would have been able to beat that team. This "one of 12 districts" stuff is misleading, since the WPIAL is the biggest and best district in PA, and on top of that, the WPIAL team was very good this year. Oklahoma took it to them and earned the win.

Give the WPIAL credit too. They have won their match vs. another state's all-star team far more often than not -- by at least a 2:1 ratio, if not 3:1. It was only a couple years ago that they beat Michigan's all-star team 41-0, and Michigan is a good state. Against Oklahoma, they wrestled tough, with most matches close. Remember that there were 4 WPIAL kids on the PA v USA team -- Nolf, Chishko, Macri and Zavatsky. 3 of these kids won their matches vs. the US kid, and all 4 would have been favored vs. Oklahoma if on the WPIAL team. Since the WPIAL had 3 wins already, the dual would've been a toss-up. Of course that wasn't the match, as every year the WPIAL loses kids to the PA team, but lets not sell the WPIAL short -- even against this impressive Oklahoma team.

Watch enough of these WPIAL undercards, and you learn this: The WPIAL will put a very solid kid on the mat at every weight, and will beat your average 2nd-5th place state placer from another state, but usually will lose to elite-level guys. So the way to beat the WPIAL team is to get a bunch of your state champs to come. Oklahoma did that, they wrestled well, and they won. Congrats to them, hats off to the WPIAL kids for hanging tough, and to all of 'em for raising money for charity.

My picks below. I think it will be close.

113: Lizak (PA) over Fleetwood. This should be a nailbiter. I don't think Lizak has been off so much as he had 2 other elite kids in his weight class this year in Pletcher and Parker. Fleetwood at about the same level I think. Edge to Lizak who has something to prove.

120: Macri (PA) over Boston. I haven't seen much of Boston so this is pretty uneducated, but Macri has been wrestling lights out since December, and is now down a weight.

126: Moisey (PA) over Micic. Micic is legit but people don't seem to realize how good Moisey got this year. Blair's Kolodzik majored both Macri and Forys in succession at Ironman en route to winning. Who gave Kolodzik his only two losses this year? Moisey did, en route to his undefeated season.

132: Albers (USA) over Brown. Brown is tough but is, I think, a notch below the under-regarded Albers.

138: Chishko (PA) over McKenna. This one is really hard to call. Before PA states I'd have picked McKenna, especially after Chishko's lopsided loss to Jordan, but that win over Galasso... man. McKenna had a decisive loss to Nolf but has consistently beat just about everyone else. I think I'll lean Chishko, as its a hometown crowd, he's down a weight, and the Galasso win tells me he may have hit another level.

145: Nolf (PA) over Berger. Another tough call. Nolf, I think, is the best wrestler in PA after Marstellar. But Berger is the last guy to beat Nolf, I think 2-0 at Flo, and is obviously legit. But Nolf's results have been so lopsided against top-flite kids that I just don't think Berger pulls it off again.

152: Brill (USA) over Warner. Warner is tough but has some hurdles. Brill is the full package and I think gets a comfortable win here.

160: Peppelman (PA) over Blees. Two elite kids going it it. I think this one will be fun. Very slight edge to Pepp.

170: Nickal (USA) over Loiseau. Loiseau has some nice wins but from what little I've seen, I think Nickal is bit too slick for him.

182: Dixon (USA) over Zavatsky. I haven't seen much of Dixon and I know he's a replacement, but to be totally honest I'm just not that sold on Zavatsky, who doesn't generate much offense. My guess would be a low scoring match.

195: Ness (USA) over Sponseller. I haven't seen much of Ness but he did have a heckuva match with Sebastian, and I wasn't very impressed with Sponseller at PA AA's.

220: Snyder (USA) over Boykin. Boykin is an exciting prospect, and a physical specimen, but he's never faced the likes of Snyder. I hope its close but my gut tells me it will get ugly. I just hope that the experience doesn't hurt Boykin's confidence, or keep D1 schools from seeking out Boykin, as he's a diamond in the rough.

HWT: Nevills (USA) over Haines. This could go either way (like most of these matches) but from what I've seen, Haines struggles against bigger mobile heavies on his feet. Slight edge to Nevills there. On the other hand, I wonder if Haines can turn Nevills. Maybe he can.

I have it 7 matches to 6. USA.

Seeing it almost exactly as you do. I think it ends up 7-6 USA. I have Fleetwood over Lizak and Zavatsky over Dixon, however, but both should be razor close. Like you, uncomfortable about picking Chisko over McKenna, but then was swayed after the win over Galasso.

Well you were right on Zavatsky and I got Lizak, but both were razor close as you said. McKenna wrestled really well against Chishko; it was close as expected but we missed that. Missed badly on MIcic -- man he is tough. He deserved OW. Other than that... #humblebrag

I watched the WPIALS vs Ok and there was some really close matches. The OK wrestlers are extremely talented. The PA wrestlers are extremely talented. Both teams would not of been at the Dapper Dan if they weren't exceptional. PA WPIALS lost. So what. Anybody can be beaten on any given day. It just wasn't the WPIALs night. As a matter of fact it wasn't PA all stars night either but that didn't keep us from enjoying the night and enjoying the matches. Remember the event is for charity. GOD bless everyone who contributed. And reading some articles written this morning I agree with Dalton Macri-it was just for fun. Sounds like he wasn't worried about winning or losing. Just wanted to relax and have fun. I know he won---which was one of the best matches of the night--but he still had fun and took the crowd with him. Sounds like his head is in a better place then what I hear from some of you guys. I don't know about you guys but the charity won and that is all that matters. Thanks for listening!

I think NJ had something like one or no AAs tied with kansas georgia states like that last year this should be an up year for them could get 2 or 3.

Lol, you really aren't very bright, are you? Are you Crusty Cougar's son? Trailer mate? Take a look above that The Deflector provided of this year's national qualifiers stupid, and see if NJ is like GA or KS, lol.

Shouldn't you stick to impugning high school wrestler's reputations, and leave this sort of thing to the adults?

I think NJ had something like one or no AAs tied with kansas georgia states like that last year this should be an up year for them could get 2 or 3.

Lol, you really aren't very bright, are you? Are you Crusty Cougar's son? Trailer mate? Take a look above that The Deflector provided of this year's national qualifiers stupid, and see if NJ is like GA or KS, lol.

Shouldn't you stick to impugning high school wrestler's reputations, and leave this sort of thing to the adults?

How many AAs did NJ have last year I don't remember it being very many I could be wrong?

Tech, do you know what "deflection" means? If so, could you share with the class? And for extra credit, can you explain why you felt compelled to imply that Chance Marstellar won't do well in college, and that he has character issues?

Deflection is what your doing I asked a simple question and you got all worked up as very typical in your part of the country over the reality of the answer. What does this thread have to do with Chance Marstellar? If you must know Chance is an amazing talent but I feel as though others have a higher ceiling and chance is closer to his than most at his age. Just an opinion I may be wrong and he wins 4 NCAA titles.

The hypocrisy of your posts are laughable. But I would expect nothing less from a tony tough guy from NJ read what you wright. Having lived in NJ for a few years you fit the mold my friend.

From the looks of it, you didn't spend much time in the NJ school system. You "wright" like a product of that academic juggernaut, Pennsylvania.

Lol. I'll take my old coach's advice, don't argue with idiots. You'll catch stupid, and make no mistake, "your" stupid.

Reaching for a typo "Wright" Write on an internet forum is a pretty pathetic attempt to prove a point. I don't live in Pa or NJ but have lived in both states. I speak only from observation I know many great people from NJ and some of my best friends still reside in that state. Looking at NJ on a list of places I would ever want to spend time again it is very near if not at the bottom mainly because of people with your mentality.

NJWC - You come off very poorly on these boards.

Perhaps you'd consider taking the NJ from your forum name? You're smudging the rest of us.

if that Scarlet Knight fellow could do the same we'd all come out ahead.

Thanks.

TFB, my posts in this thread are directed at 3 PA dbags. One of them (Tbar) has multiple threads about him on the college board, discussing what kind of a hole he is. One actually suggests that he's not really a PSU/PA fan, but rather the opposite, and is such a dick on purpose, to incite hatred of the PSU/PA contingent.

Another one, Tech Fall, is a POS who started a thread specifically to smear a kid (Marstellar), simply because the kid backed out of his commitment to PSU. He went so far as to imply that the kid (who has never been in trouble) has major character issues, which will prevent him from achieving at the next level.

The last, Crusty Cougar, is just an ahole.

Know what you're talking about before taking a shot at me. I get along fine with most on these boards.

NJWC aka Marty, I can see why you have been repeatedly banned under other user names. The other guy has you pegged to a T.

The only reason you and the others who flame this board can exist is because the moderation of the board is so weak that it has become a dumpster fire at times.

My picks below. I think it will be close.

113: Lizak (PA) over Fleetwood. This should be a nailbiter. I don't think Lizak has been off so much as he had 2 other elite kids in his weight class this year in Pletcher and Parker. Fleetwood at about the same level I think. Edge to Lizak who has something to prove.

120: Macri (PA) over Boston. I haven't seen much of Boston so this is pretty uneducated, but Macri has been wrestling lights out since December, and is now down a weight.

126: Moisey (PA) over Micic. Micic is legit but people don't seem to realize how good Moisey got this year. Blair's Kolodzik majored both Macri and Forys in succession at Ironman en route to winning. Who gave Kolodzik his only two losses this year? Moisey did, en route to his undefeated season.

132: Albers (USA) over Brown. Brown is tough but is, I think, a notch below the under-regarded Albers.

138: Chishko (PA) over McKenna. This one is really hard to call. Before PA states I'd have picked McKenna, especially after Chishko's lopsided loss to Jordan, but that win over Galasso... man. McKenna had a decisive loss to Nolf but has consistently beat just about everyone else. I think I'll lean Chishko, as its a hometown crowd, he's down a weight, and the Galasso win tells me he may have hit another level.

145: Nolf (PA) over Berger. Another tough call. Nolf, I think, is the best wrestler in PA after Marstellar. But Berger is the last guy to beat Nolf, I think 2-0 at Flo, and is obviously legit. But Nolf's results have been so lopsided against top-flite kids that I just don't think Berger pulls it off again.

152: Brill (USA) over Warner. Warner is tough but has some hurdles. Brill is the full package and I think gets a comfortable win here.

160: Peppelman (PA) over Blees. Two elite kids going it it. I think this one will be fun. Very slight edge to Pepp.

170: Nickal (USA) over Loiseau. Loiseau has some nice wins but from what little I've seen, I think Nickal is bit too slick for him.

182: Dixon (USA) over Zavatsky. I haven't seen much of Dixon and I know he's a replacement, but to be totally honest I'm just not that sold on Zavatsky, who doesn't generate much offense. My guess would be a low scoring match.

195: Ness (USA) over Sponseller. I haven't seen much of Ness but he did have a heckuva match with Sebastian, and I wasn't very impressed with Sponseller at PA AA's.

220: Snyder (USA) over Boykin. Boykin is an exciting prospect, and a physical specimen, but he's never faced the likes of Snyder. I hope its close but my gut tells me it will get ugly. I just hope that the experience doesn't hurt Boykin's confidence, or keep D1 schools from seeking out Boykin, as he's a diamond in the rough.

HWT: Nevills (USA) over Haines. This could go either way (like most of these matches) but from what I've seen, Haines struggles against bigger mobile heavies on his feet. Slight edge to Nevills there. On the other hand, I wonder if Haines can turn Nevills. Maybe he can.

I have it 7 matches to 6. USA.

Seeing it almost exactly as you do. I think it ends up 7-6 USA. I have Fleetwood over Lizak and Zavatsky over Dixon, however, but both should be razor close. Like you, uncomfortable about picking Chisko over McKenna, but then was swayed after the win over Galasso.

Well you were right on Zavatsky and I got Lizak, but both were razor close as you said. McKenna wrestled really well against Chishko; it was close as expected but we missed that. Missed badly on MIcic -- man he is tough. He deserved OW. Other than that... #humblebrag

I'll give you a pat on the back right back, lol. Yes, Micic was a star - took it to Moisey on his feet badly. But other than that we were pretty much spot on ;)

What's the backstory on Boykin?

Boykin started wrestling in 7th grade for Coatesville - not a wrestling powerhouse. 9th grade was varsity and made the finals of PJW states (Pennsylvania Junior Wrestling, 14 and under) although not really an impact varsity guy.

By 11th grade he was giving Thomas Haines his best match at states, battled to a couple close losses with wunderkid, Jordan Wood and took 3rd at 220 in PA AAA. This year he overtook Wood, beating him twice on the way to the title.

Lots of rumors about some ACC schools being interested, Binghamton, but academics are a concern. Not necessarily grades, but perhaps core courses/eligibility issues. I'm not in the know here, so that is strictly just secondhand. Last I heard, Clarion was going to take a run at him.

Great prospect, has a great future if someone can get him into their school. Hard worker, really spent a lot of time on the mat the past few years.

NJWC aka Marty, I can see why you have been repeatedly banned under other user names. The other guy has you pegged to a T.

The only reason you and the others who flame this board can exist is because the moderation of the board is so weak that it has become a dumpster fire at times.

Again, nice deflection sport. I've been around these boards for some time, never banned, never posted anything that was worth being banned. Never had a thread (or multiple!) started with the sole purpose being to pronounce what a dbag I am. You, on the other hand, have had multiple, including an active one on the college boards right now, and tons of regular posters expressing their thoughts on you, and it's sure not positive. You're a clown.

Oh, and if you had half a brain, you'd realize Marty couldn't write like me if he had the ghost of Shakespeare guiding him. The guy had a 2nd grade education.

Tech Fall? He's an ahole for the previously stated reason. Anyone coming on here with nothing but a nasty intent to passively smear a HS kid's reputation should be called out for exactly what he is. You disagree?

Again, nice deflection sport. I've been around these boards for some time, never banned, never posted anything that was worth being banned. Never had a thread (or multiple!) started with the sole purpose being to pronounce what a dbag I am. You, on the other hand, have had multiple, including an active one on the college boards right now, and tons of regular posters expressing their thoughts on you, and it's sure not positive. You're a clown.

Oh, and if you had half a brain, you'd realize Marty couldn't write like me if he had the ghost of Shakespeare guiding him. The guy had a 2nd grade education.

Tech Fall? He's an ahole for the previously stated reason. Anyone coming on here with nothing but a nasty intent to passively smear a HS kid's reputation should be called out for exactly what he is. You disagree?

Wow what a tool! Grow up brother. I have no idea what your talking about smearing Marstellar he is a great talent just because I don't feel he is immediately a 4x champ or even necessarily a 4x AA doesn't mean I am degrading him. If he wrestled for PSU OKS Iowa or anyone else. I think he has the potential to be great but If I had to place an even money bet I would guess he has a career similart to say a Dylan Alton.

I hope he proves me wrong but simply because someone expresses a different view on an athlete than you do does not immediately make them an Ahole who is tearing down a high school kid. I had a thread in the college section where I asked what others felt and feel I have the right to express my opinion based on a number of factors some on and some off the mat. If you disagree with me thats fine.

Please for your own sake learn to be an adult and not act like the kid who always got beat up but walks around telling people how tough he is.