Sign in to follow this  
Crusader2017

Alton Wrestling Footage

Obviously, they don't seemed to be well conditioned, but that may have been said a time or two on this forum before. I just don't see them finishing much higher than the 6-8 range. They seem to rely too much on the upper body stuff that better wrestlers should be able to defend. When they get to a leg, they just seem to stop an bury their head into the mat. I hope they do well, but I don't know what "well" is for them anymore.

... good to see that 5'4" referee is in "match" condition ( 1:02 - 1:08) .... that sucker must weigh 255....

Kilos, maybe. That's Cubby Bair. Good friend. He's a hoot. We work together quite a bit when I'm running events like there.

One of my lines for him is What's worse than going to a tournament and seeing Cubby? Seeing Cubby Bair (bare)!

I think Dylan COULD place as high as second, but more likely 4-6.

Andrew...well he COULD place, but more likely will win 2 matches.

Btw, does anyone have video of a ref calling a pin with the "stomp". Lol I've got to see this! Have looked but can't find any.

Are we really breaking down video from the Wilkes tournament on basically their first return to competition and using it as a gauge towards success in March? It takes months to get in shape, sharpen timing and technique, and get ready for top competition. I know I'm not telling anyone what they don't already know but lets give these kids a break and see how they progress.

... good to see that 5'4" referee is in "match" condition ( 1:02 - 1:08) .... that sucker must weigh 255....

Kilos, maybe. That's Cubby Bair. Good friend. He's a hoot. We work together quite a bit when I'm running events like there.

One of my lines for him is What's worse than going to a tournament and seeing Cubby? Seeing Cubby Bair (bare)!

Didn't know Cubby was an NCAA official. Good guy.

Are we really breaking down video from the Wilkes tournament on basically their first return to competition and using it as a gauge towards success in March? It takes months to get in shape, sharpen timing and technique, and get ready for top competition. I know I'm not telling anyone what they don't already know but lets give these kids a break and see how they progress.

Have they got enough time before the tournament to get all that done?