Sign in to follow this  
MSU158

Gilman wins with the most blatant stall ride

I know a lot of posters complain about Nelson's ride but compared to what Gilman just did Nelson looks like poetry in motion on top. Gilman literally pushed Lambert off the mat every time Lambert stood up. Gilman ended up with 1:04 of riding time while never breaking Lambert down and approximately 45 seconds spent on their feet. There wasn't even a mat return. I am not a big fan of calling the top guy for stalling if he stays active but that was embarrassing.

I know a lot of posters complain about Nelson's ride but compared to what Gilman just did Nelson looks like poetry in motion on top. Gilman literally pushed Lambert off the mat every time Lambert stood up. Gilman ended up with 1:04 of riding time while never breaking Lambert down and approximately 45 seconds spent on their feet. There wasn't even a mat return. I am not a big fan of calling the top guy for stalling if he stays active but that was embarrassing.

As much as I hate the Nelson parallel ride, I gotta agree with you here. That was pretty blatant. And then in the next match, Nagel kept getting dinged while Ramos was mauling him and scoring NF.

Far from blatant IMO thought it was called right.

So, at what time did Gilman appear to improve his position? Are you saying he didn't force Lambert out of bounds as soon as he standed up?

At one point Gilman had a half and a leg in standing and was pushing Lambert out and Lambert was attempting to stay in bounds.

I would love to see riding time go bye bye and get more action.

I can not disagree more I love watching mat wrestling.

I really like mat wrestling as well. However, pushing the bottom man out of bounds to avoid allowing an escape is NOT mat wrestling. Never breaking the man down on bottom is not mat wrestling. They are both perfect examples of holding on......

Absolutely correct my friemd. As soon as he puts the leg in, or even in front, with no attempt to wrestle, or return to mat, ding,... ding,... ding....

Gilman stalled for most of the third. He also did most of the work for the first two periods. And any Nebby fans whining about stalling after the display by a couple of guys...

Kokesh just ass-whipped your boy Vak...what do you think about that?

Oh and it appears the gap between the two is widening. I guess having an Olympic gold medalist as a workout partner can do that.

Stalling in college wrestling is in complete disarray. The lack of consistency is my least favorite part of wrestling, hands down. Tough to explain how Green is dinged three times (not that St. John did anything the first 6.5 minutes of the match), and Gilman gets to pull his shenanigans without a single point getting awarded for his clear stalling. It doesn't help that otherwise good officials tend to put their collective heads up their @ss when they get the call to ref at Carver Hawkeye, and clearly let the whole scene get to them.

Watching PSU-Iowa dual, seeing JG getting dinged for stalling in the first period against Ramos, then watching Moore stall the entire match against Taylor and I believe get no stall warnings. What a joke.