Sign in to follow this  
djd5391

Beitz screwed vs Tsirtsis

I can not believe none of the coaches caught it, shame on them for missing it. On another note Beitz is doing an amazing job filling in for Alton. I did not see it, just read on another forum what happened.

So t-shirts wins in OT ?

2-2 going into the 3rd. Beitz had about 15-17 seconds of RT. T-shirt on top for 3rd. Rides Beitz to just short of 1min to go and somehow earns RT. T-shirt kicks Beitz to make it 3-2, Beitz. End of regulation, 3-3 after T-shirt gets RT. T-shirt wins 5-3 in SV.

a little bio on Beitz and another example of the tremendous depth of PA wrestling....never placed higher than 2nd in AA!

Beitz did his high school wrestling at Juniata High School, where he earned PIAA Runner-Up status at 140 in 2010. Beitz went 44-8 on his way to the finals that year and left Juniata with a 154-31 career record

good call FT, we'll get BIO's for the whole family!

High School/Personal:

Zack Beitz is the younger brother of teammate Seth Beitz. Beitz placed in the top five at states four straight years, finishing second fifth and third before winning it all last season at Juniata High School. An outstanding all-around athlete,

Not to be overlooked is that he's wrestling up one weight class (he's listed at 141 lbs.).

Kids a gamer.

And no gas tank issues.

True, he started the season at 141 and is technically up a weight. But he wrestled at 145 his JR (2010-11) and SR (2011-12) year in high school. I would guess that 149 is a more natural weight class for Zach.

No screw job here. Tsirtsis had around 15 seconds RT at a break in the action. When wrestling resumed the RT clock did not start. The officials corrected this at the next whistle. I would've loved to see Beitz pull of the upset, but he didnt get screwed over.

No screw job here. Tsirtsis had around 15 seconds RT at a break in the action. When wrestling resumed the RT clock did not start. The officials corrected this at the next whistle. I would've loved to see Beitz pull of the upset, but he didnt get screwed over.

I'm gonna hold off till I can watch the match again.

If you count the 10 seconds of riding after the takedown off the mat...Beitz had total of about 24 seconds.

Tsirtsis had about 1:35 riding time of course that is taking into account that the third period lasted 2:29 . When they started the clock at 1:10, it should of actually been :43.

It appears Tsirtis had enough riding time if you include the 10 seconds out of bounds. Maybe they took that time off the clock at some point, but it did not show it on the screen.

just watched the match again. Tsirtsis did have riding time and it was correct. Saying that Tsirtsis came out early in the season against competition like Cottrell shooting and scoring multiple points in matches but since the midlands (and during) he has shown no offense. He has controlled Beitz in the past at Dapper Dan and freestyle this summer. He has regressed this year and really has not shot at all against good competition. Beitz has really improved so no disrespect to him. I would not be surprised if he beats Alton in a wrestle off, still think Alton would get the spot. I really thought Tsirtsis would be more offensive coming into this year he will have to improve to AA this year. He really reminds me of his brother 1 or 2 shots against good competition and nothing else.