Sign in to follow this  
djd5391

Beitz screwed vs Tsirtsis

Tsirtsis is a world class wrestler in the same mold as Andrew Howe. He has been sick since before Midlands. He is a tad undersized for 49 but I still expect him to be in the finals with Maple if he recovers. Just watch his two matches over the summer where he destroyed Zain Rutherford and you will see the real Tsirtsis. Or you can watch him at Junior Worlds. If their was a 145 lb class, Jason would win it over Steiber, that's how good he is. Either way,I expl him to get his health back shortly and bring his A game. I am frankly surprised he is still winning as sick as he has been. Kid is a warrior! I expect Northwestern to contend for a title next year with their three super frosh wrestling.

Tsirtsis is and outstanding wrestler and a stand up guy. Im sure Tsirtsis is embarrassed that people are making excuses for his losses or what they feel is sub par performance

You will never hear any of these excuses out of him.

Tsirtsis is a world class wrestler in the same mold as Andrew Howe. He has been sick since before Midlands. He is a tad undersized for 49 but I still expect him to be in the finals with Maple if he recovers. Just watch his two matches over the summer where he destroyed Zain Rutherford and you will see the real Tsirtsis. Or you can watch him at Junior Worlds. If their was a 145 lb class, Jason would win it over Steiber, that's how good he is. Either way,I expl him to get his health back shortly and bring his A game. I am frankly surprised he is still winning as sick as he has been. Kid is a warrior! I expect Northwestern to contend for a title next year with their three super frosh wrestling.

Smokey, you sure are trying to get a lot of mileage out of that win. Keep in mind that Retherford was just coming out of high school where he wrestled at 138. Didn't Coon lose to Marsden over the summer as well? A year in a college room is huge advantage and something that should always be kept in mind when evaluating the outcome between these younger guys, especially in freestyle. In addition, the international weigh-in rules allow for size mismatches like Tsirtsis and Retherford that you would never see in college. At this point, Tsirtsis needs to perform on the college mat if you want to mention him in the same breath as guys like Retherford or Stieber. The excuses you're making are just going to turn people against him.

You have to move on from that match. Tsirtsis must have had 10 lbs. on Zain in that match.

Does anyone know what happend to Luke Frey at Southern Scuffle? He beat Beitz in the consi Quarters, then got hurt the next match.

By virtue of a pin and a default Frey had more team points than Beitz heading into that match. It made good sense for Penn State to have Frey win that match, and coincidentally that's what happened. :D

No gripe on Tsirtsis on the RT issue because there was actually a clock malfunction. I actually think Tsirtsis did get RT.

My gripe is that I think Tsirtsis had an illegal Figure 4 on Beitz. I am not a rules expert but I don't think you can lock your foot behind the knee on even one leg if you hyper extend the leg of the bottom wrestler. T Shirts did that after the 3rd period re start and nobody said anything about it. I thought that was illegal?

Tsirtsis and Retherford both weighed in almost the same for that match. Tsirtsis was much better on that day. This season may be much different?? I am not sure weight had anything do with that match. I have seen many wrestlers use that same leg ride and never seen it called illegal. I would also say the refs did not do a good job in that match. They called a stalemate in the first when it looked like Tsirtsis was just about to score. The Tsirtsis sick bit is old. Borschel said something was wrong with him on day one of the midlands but since he has seemed fine but is just not attacking like he was at the beginning of the year. Could be because of the competition, I give Beitz all the credit as he has improved a lot since the dapper dan and when they wrestled in the summer in freestyle.

Name Group Weight Class Weight Team

Tsirtsis, Jason FS Championship 66 KG 65.70 Wildcat Wrestling Club

Name Group Weight Class Weight Team

Retherford, Zain FS Championship 66 KG 65.50 BTWC

Tsirtsis and Retherford both weighed in almost the same for that match.

How much time elapsed from that weigh in to the Championship bout? 1 day? 2 days? Not sure. But I know Tsirtsis looked a LOT bigger.

That Figure 4 he had on Beitz extended Beitz leg might be OK. Just wasn't 100% sure.

Sebastian,Brill,and Micic are all ranked one or two in their weights!

Jay Welch was #1 in the country at all weights. Munster was #1 at his weight. Neither AA'd as freshman at Northwestern

No doubt it's a great class of incredibly talented wrestlers coming in. But slow down a little, big guy. Let them actually get some matches in college before counting on them for bonus points and podium pictures at NCAAs.

Sebastian,Brill,and Micic are all ranked one or two in their weights!

None of them look like true freshman studs to me. Guys that do what Zain and Snyder did, or a guy with Marstellar's pedigree, those are the types that are freshman challengers for national titles.

I'm a harsh realist! I think all three can be top twenty kids and am not counting on them AAing.i think Brill may have a shot at low AA. still,Northwestern wil have top twenty ranked at every weight! We won't be pushed around anymore by the big guns like Okey State,Minny,and Iowa.

25) Steven Micic

33) Jacob Schmidt

41)Pat Greco

49)Tsirtsis

57) Brill

65)Harger

74) Johnny Sebastian

84) Mitch Sliga

97) Alex Polizzi

hwt) McMullan

I'm not saying that team will win the title,but they will dam sure be in the top eight,likely top five.

If Tsirtsis doesn't find some offense I see him as a 7th-8th finish or beat out in round of 12. With that being said Beitz looked good. Looks like these fill ins for the Altons don't think they are fill ins. I don't think both Altons wrestle in the starting line-up. 1 or both will be out.

I agree Beitz was really good, very dangerous with that ankle pick. Was looking for it a lot. He has improved a lot. Agree Tsirtsis needs to pick up his offense as he has a lot of good attacks.