Sign in to follow this  
gg121and2

I'm looking for a fan in Pennsylvania...

who is really committed to the growth of wrestling. Wrestling For Life would like to offer the same level of support to the 2015 NCAA Division III Championships in Hershey that we are and have given when they are here in Cedar Rapids. Our goal this year is to make 750 FREE tickets available to kids wrestling clubs, middle school teams and youth organizations like Boys and Girls Club. Right now we are a little over half way to our goal. I'd like to set a similar goal for Hershey, but need some help.

The ideal volunteer candidate has business and wrestling contacts in the E'town/Hershey area and the time to devote to the endeavor. I can cover your marketing expenses, but I'm really looking for someone for whom this is a labor of love. It seems early, but, there is more time required than you know. Email me at dmsolutions4u@live.com if you would like to help.

Why do you care where the person resides? how about some particulars such as how much tix cost. Do you have room and meal deals. When are the dates? have you checked with the NCAA buttheads to make sure this won't be a "recruiting" problem for HS kids. They are really stupid about free stuff for talented wrestlers Open it up provide the info and you may get to 1000. Hershey is a terrific venue and some of us would actually ride out horses and carriages to watch a well run tournament. DE actually has several kids who will probably be top ranked in 2015 and maybe we could get a contingent together. Perhaps DWA and the Beast of East would cooperate if you contacted them. DEPREPS would also be a better venue than USAW because it targets your audience. PW and HS kids. It is only a bit over an hour from Northern DE to Hershey and I'm pretty sure Chris Donaldson will be vying for a high AA performance. Hope that helps.

Giving away free tickets to middle school kids is a very good thing to do, and not just for the kids. This stuff only happens if someone takes ownership of it, and GG is looking for one of you wrestling fanatics with some contacts in Pennsylvania to volunteer.

Why do you care where the person resides? how about some particulars such as how much tix cost. Do you have room and meal deals. When are the dates? have you checked with the NCAA buttheads to make sure this won't be a "recruiting" problem for HS kids. They are really stupid about free stuff for talented wrestlers Open it up provide the info and you may get to 1000. Hershey is a terrific venue and some of us would actually ride out horses and carriages to watch a well run tournament. DE actually has several kids who will probably be top ranked in 2015 and maybe we could get a contingent together. Perhaps DWA and the Beast of East would cooperate if you contacted them. DEPREPS would also be a better venue than USAW because it targets your audience. PW and HS kids. It is only a bit over an hour from Northern DE to Hershey and I'm pretty sure Chris Donaldson will be vying for a high AA performance. Hope that helps.

In response to your opening question - because I've been doing this for a while and know what it takes. No - the NCAA does not allow us to give tickets to high school wrestlers. That's why we focus on kids clubs, middle school teams and youth organizations. As for the NWCA - while they gave me an award for doing this, they tend more toward asking us to help them, than offering support (sorry PT, but you know this is true).

I'm not sure I really get your seemingly argumentative tone. We've been giving away tickets to wrestling events for 5 years and have now sent over 4,000 kids to events from Corvallis to Long Island and Minneapolis to Stillwater, but I could use a little help. We have a great guy in Minnesota in Rod Frost and Kevin Roberts helped us hit a big home run at Oregon State, but most of what we accomplish happens because of what we do in our little office on 24th St NE in Cedar Rapids, IA. If you want to take on the task, then contact me. If not - I'm not sure what your sniping accomplishes.