Sign in to follow this  
calot

Flo Will Air All Star Classic To Tech Wave Subscribers

Oh yippeee. Those who have the subscription can sit in front of a computer and watch a small screen of wrestlers with crappby broadcasting. How exciting.

Next post will come from someone that says: "It's better than nothing, you should just be happy we get to watch it, think of where we were years ago blah blah blah."

The only real way wrestling will prove it is moving forward is if this is on a national network (ESPNU for example), live, where one can sit on their couch and watch it on their 60-inch high-def TV. Then we'll talk.

So the dual will air live

I don't know where this news is coming from, but I hope its true!

Oh yippeee. Those who have the subscription can sit in front of a computer and watch a small screen of wrestlers with crappby broadcasting. How exciting.

Next post will come from someone that says: "It's better than nothing, you should just be happy we get to watch it, think of where we were years ago blah blah blah."

The only real way wrestling will prove it is moving forward is if this is on a national network (ESPNU for example), live, where one can sit on their couch and watch it on their 60-inch high-def TV. Then we'll talk.

Well actually, I have a subscription, I can hook my laptop up to my "60 inch high def TV" (Ok so its only a 47" LED 3D TV) and I can watch it live with GOOD announcing.

Love it!

Flo has 2 subscriptions to be a Flo insider it costs $99/year which DOES NOT include the All Star Classic.Then theyve a Tech Wave subscription which I dont know the cost but theres a FREE 7 DAY TRIAL so I wonder if that FREE 7 DAY TRIAL will still allow you to air the classic or will FLO remove the FREE 7 DAY TRIAL come say OCT 27

Buckeye Country, that's a good point, thanks for sharing, I was wrong that that can be done.

That will be great for the tech savvy fan, but the old school fan who has no idea how to do that will still be left behind. I could call my cousin in Missouri and my uncle in California and tell them this is going to be on, they will be excited, then I will tell them they have to have this technique wave subscription, then hook up their computer to the TV then configure that THEN they can watch - they will say no thanks.

That's all I am saying. You are right, it's great for people who can do that, it's not for the many who won't - or don't have the subscription.

So the dual will air live

I don't know where this news is coming from, but I hope its true!

Well actually, I have a subscription, I can hook my laptop up to my "60 inch high def TV" (Ok so its only a 47" LED 3D TV) and I can watch it live with GOOD announcing.

Love it!

Its on FLO website

Thanks Calot..I didn't see it at first, but now I do.

Fastwilly... I understand your frustration... But what do you expect? Do you expect ESPN to take off a College Football game on Saturday for a wrestling event....really?

The fact is, Wrestling is not a mainstream sport - I'm just happy I will have a reliable stream with great commentary. I will have my friends over to my house who are not as "tech savy" just like I have people over to watch UFC pay-per-views.

Fastwilly... I understand your frustration... But what do you expect? Do you expect ESPN to take off a College Football game on Saturday for a wrestling event....really?

The fact is, Wrestling is not a mainstream sport - I'm just happy I will have a reliable stream with great commentary. I will have my friends over to my house who are not as "tech savy" just like I have people over to watch UFC pay-per-views.

Buckeye country, read my first post. You said exactly what I said someone would say with your "what do you expect" comment. I was spot on.

Yeah, I do expect more. And so should wrestling fans.

Fastwilly - I would love more - and as soon as College Wrestling becomes a multi-billion dollar industry like College Football - I'm sure we will get more...

As a Wrestling junkie I'd love to have as much College Wrestling on TV as Basketball and Football, but the fact of the matter is, money makes the world go around, and ESPN would be foolish to put a college wrestling event that sold a whopping 3,000 tickets on one of their networks over even a crappy college football game that probably has over 30,000 tickets sold and many more people watching.

Once again, we are getting quality commentating, from people who are actually excited and knowledgable about the sport, and most importantly to me, I can watch it LIVE instead of weeks later after I already know what has happened.

Fastwilly - I would love more - and as soon as College Wrestling becomes a multi-billion dollar industry like College Football - I'm sure we will get more...

As a Wrestling junkie I'd love to have as much College Wrestling on TV as Basketball and Football, but the fact of the matter is, money makes the world go around, and ESPN would be foolish to put a college wrestling event that sold a whopping 3,000 tickets on one of their networks over even a crappy college football game that probably has over 30,000 tickets sold and many more people watching.

Once again, we are getting quality commentating, from people who are actually excited and knowledgable about the sport, and most importantly to me, I can watch it LIVE instead of weeks later after I already know what has happened.

I think we are on the same page BC. But that's what I want, I want wrestling to be able to be on TV/cable, live for everyone to see. You want it. I want it. I am not satisfied until I get it. That's all.

fastwilly you will complain about anything. not only do you want espn to bump college football but you seem to think a wrestling event that doesnt count on athletes records is a better event to air than field hockey volleyball and soccer also.

yeah everyone wants it on tv and to come into their home for free but until wrestling fans are willing to pay to see matches or they greatly work to attract fans to the sport we should be happy with what we have.

go on keep complaining. tell us how others fail to promote our sport and how if it was your job you would have a contract with espn.

fastwilly you will complain about anything. not only do you want espn to bump college football but you seem to think a wrestling event that doesnt count on athletes records is a better event to air than field hockey volleyball and soccer also.

yeah everyone wants it on tv and to come into their home for free but until wrestling fans are willing to pay to see matches or they greatly work to attract fans to the sport we should be happy with what we have.

go on keep complaining. tell us how others fail to promote our sport and how if it was your job you would have a contract with espn.

BR Guy, I did not once say ESPNU should bump college football. Please tell me where I said that? You are completely wrong and should admit it. BC asked that question, I never said it. I said it would be nice to get on a channel like ESPNU, referencing a cable network, it could have been anything, Fox Sports, New England Sports Network, I don't really care, it was just pointing out a cable channel.

So, really, your comments are not accurate and I have nothing more to say on that.

BR Guy, I did not once say ESPN should bump college football. Please tell me where I said that? You are completely wrong and should admit it. BC asked that question, I never said it.

So, really, your comments are not accurate and I have nothing more to say on that.

oh right. you just said that it is a failure until it is aired on at least espnu on a college football saturday. youre not saying they should bump college football just that wrestling should be the first option in programing. :roll:

I never used the word failure. So, you keep making things up all you want. In fact, everything you say, I never said. I never said "ESPNU should bump college football" where do you get that? You make less sense than I do sometimes and keep making things up I didn't say.

If you want to accept the current way wrestling is marketed and promoted, so be it. It's guys like you who set the sport up to stay the same and never grow. I don't want to associate with guys like you. Go away.

Buckeye country, read my first post. You said exactly what I said someone would say with your "what do you expect" comment. I was spot on.

Yeah, I do expect more. And so should wrestling fans.

You do understand that, expectations are premeditated resentments ..... Just sayin' ;)

Wire you got to have hope. Eastern Michigan has hope it could beat Penn State in a dual. the #32 guy who squeaked into the national tournament hopes he can beat Jordan Oliver. Case Western dreams of knocking of Wartburg or Augsburg for the DIII title this year. If you don't have hope or expectations, then you have failure. I have hope and expectations.

Wire you got to have hope. Eastern Michigan has hope it could beat Penn State in a dual. the #32 guy who squeaked into the national tournament hopes he can beat Jordan Oliver. Case Western dreams of knocking of Wartburg or Augsburg for the DIII title this year. If you don't have hope or expectations, then you have failure. I have hope and expectations.

Just to point out to Fastwilly that the cost of doing a LIVE television production is 5-10x greater than it is for tape delay. It's not like wrestling has a lot of money at its disposal to produce those live events.

Take the Big Ten Network: They're actually NOT on site for many of their events. Tim and Jim are in the studio in Chicago watching on monitors. Why? Cost. BTN saves money by not having to cover costs of travel for their crews. Minimal camera angles streamed back to BTN is cost-effective. They don't make a whole lot on wrestling.

Are sponsors willing to shell out 30-50K for ONE live event which MIGHT get blown away by other things going on TV.

Sure, we all want it live, but until wrestling television broadcasts we currently have are financially viable to sponsors outside of Asics and Cliff Keen, we deal with BTN and tape-delayed footage on Fox.

Having done several voiceovers for Fox College Sports, the cost is minimal for production. I know it's on TV a lot depending on your market. I get an IM from SetonHallPirate everytime one of my broadcasts comes on his satellite.

For LIVE production, the cost is astronomically higher, something wrestling can't afford right now. I mean, it costs the salary of a hard-working American to put together a two-hour LIVE broadcast. Networks aren't getting that back on a per event basis.

So there are some facts regarding doing it live on TV.

Just to point out to Fastwilly that the cost of doing a LIVE television production is 5-10x greater than it is for tape delay. It's not like wrestling has a lot of money at its disposal to produce those live events.

Take the Big Ten Network: They're actually NOT on site for many of their events. Tim and Jim are in the studio in Chicago watching on monitors. Why? Cost. BTN saves money by not having to cover costs of travel for their crews. Minimal camera angles streamed back to BTN is cost-effective. They don't make a whole lot on wrestling.

Are sponsors willing to shell out 30-50K for ONE live event which MIGHT get blown away by other things going on TV.

Sure, we all want it live, but until wrestling television broadcasts we currently have are financially viable to sponsors outside of Asics and Cliff Keen, we deal with BTN and tape-delayed footage on Fox.

Having done several voiceovers for Fox College Sports, the cost is minimal for production. I know it's on TV a lot depending on your market. I get an IM from SetonHallPirate everytime one of my broadcasts comes on his satellite.

For LIVE production, the cost is astronomically higher, something wrestling can't afford right now. I mean, it costs the salary of a hard-working American to put together a two-hour LIVE broadcast. Networks aren't getting that back on a per event basis.

So there are some facts regarding doing it live on TV.

I understand all of that. But there are stranger things on TV and I hope someday all of these items come together and it can be done. That's all I am trying say.

On a side note, what does doing voiceovers pay? Would you say you can get a Big Mac Meal at McDonald's, a nice steak dinner for two at Ruth Chris' or a flow blown weekend bash in Vegas?

I've mentioned this in the past, but what about FX or Spike? They have a built-in market for something like this.

Going out on a very far, very flimsy limb here, but what about FOX? Could the UFC assist in being a buffer between the two to host such a thing? My guess is that neither entity cares about NCAA wrestling, but it doesn't hurt to give it a run.

I've mentioned this in the past, but what about FX or Spike? They have a built-in market for something like this.

Going out on a very far, very flimsy limb here, but what about FOX? Could the UFC assist in being a buffer between the two to host such a thing? My guess is that neither entity cares about NCAA wrestling, but it doesn't hurt to give it a run.

Tofurky: Are you crazy? I mean, how dare you reference Spike, for why would they want to forgo showing Bar Rescue marathons or repeats of UFC reality shows to show college wrestling? As for FX, I mean, no way they choose wrestling over season 2 repeats of Sons of Anarchy or It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. I mean geez, you're asking them to give this up?

(insert sarcasm) I like the thinking, why not? Why not I ask!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tofurky: Are you crazy? I mean, how dare you reference Spike, for why would they want to forgo showing Bar Rescue marathons or repeats of UFC reality shows to show college wrestling? As for FX, I mean, no way they choose wrestling over season 2 repeats of Sons of Anarchy or It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. I mean geez, you're asking them to give this up?

Networks make the most money off reruns of popular shows.

Networks make the most money off reruns of popular shows.

Pinnum you're a smart guy now, come on tell me, did you think that was a serious post?