Sign in to follow this  
BRGuy

alton ducking murphy

twice aalton has made the finals against murphy from clarion and both times he has defaulted to second but brother wrestles in the championship
Would love to hear the PSU faithful's take on this too. In particular the ones that were lambasting Brands for having an injured Clark default out of Midlands.

twice aalton has made the finals against murphy from clarion and both times he has defaulted to second but brother wrestles in the championship

You do realize that just because they're identical twins doesn't mean they are exactly identical at all times.

First off Dylan just finished his first tourney yesterday,he med FF out of the other 2 before that this year. Andrew had surgery a month AFTER Dylan, he is a bit behind him in recovery. They both are obviously not in wrestling shape yet either, Andrew gassed real hard at REC Hall last week. The week before that he was very sick and did not compete in the tourney Dylan did.

It is so funny that people just love to hate, "Alton ducking Murphy". What a joke. These tourney's are nothing but a way to get the Alton's some matches under their belts. PSU wants them ready for BIG 10's and NCAA's when it matters. Maybe the PSU coaches are looking out for their wrestlers and want them 100% ready? Did you see Beitz wrestled Tsirtsis sunday? Where is the Alton ducking Tsirtsis thread? Oh maybe people have enough common sense to realize he is not ready yet, but give him time and see who he wrestles in the near future. Without looking at the PSU schedule, he will have Grajales, Dardanes, Kindig, etc. Come back later and let me know if you really think he is "ducking" Murphy?

Would love to hear the PSU faithful's take on this too. In particular the ones that were lambasting Brands for having an injured Clark default out of Midlands.

What was the injury Clark suffered in his loss to Garnett in the semis?

What was the injury Clark suffered in his loss to Garnett in the semis?

Probably the same one that A Altons has. Not being ready.

I do have to wonder - with both Altons so far missing out on B1G and top level competition, where do people think they will be seeded at Big Tens (and assuming they qualify, at NCAA's)? At some point, seeding has to be a concern, yes? Or is the thinking that past achievement will be sufficient to guarantee a decent seed?

According to intermat, they'll both be seeded 1st.

Well, that's kind of my point, Lord - while I realize some (but not all) of the rankings still have both Altons ranked pretty high, I'm pretty sure that for NCAA's at least, previous years performance is either weighted pretty low, or not even admitted. I've seen some threads where folks are questioning if the Alton Boys will even qualify, I don't expect that will be a problem, BUT how they get seeded MIGHT be an issue.

As for Intermat rankings - :roll: