Sign in to follow this  
BRGuy

cornells george disqualified again

Scuttlebutt it was series of transgressions (eye gauge, elbow throw and errant uppercut) that led to DQ, wasn't flagrant. again, just scuttlebutt.

His previous transgression was after losing semis of 2012 EIWAs to Nate Brown of Lehigh at final whistle he kneed him in the head. It was pretty severe, or at least Brown had severe concussion.

Scuttlebutt it was series of transgressions (eye gauge, elbow throw and errant uppercut) that led to DQ, wasn't flagrant. again, just scuttlebutt.

His previous transgression was after losing semis of 2012 EIWAs to Nate Brown of Lehigh at final whistle he kneed him in the head. It was pretty severe, or at least Brown had severe concussion.

It was a consolation semifinal (I just checked that one), albeit the round that determined the EIWA AQs for Nationals (they got four bids for nationals from his weight that year, and there were, and I believe still are, no true-placing bouts at EIWAs).

Unacceptable regardless. Where were the coaches … seems like this was a string of things … coaches asleep?
What can you expect the coaches to do during the match other than yell at him not to do it? He's out on the mat alone can't blame the coaches for his actions.

Unacceptable regardless. Where were the coaches … seems like this was a string of things … coaches asleep?
What can you expect the coaches to do during the match other than yell at him not to do it? He's out on the mat alone can't blame the coaches for his actions.

Get a giant ACME magnet, and have it pull him away from his opponent, I would guess...

Wrestling "Iowa Style" eh?

No, Cornell style.

Before you call it Cornell style, can you please name another Cornell wrestler who was dq'd for misconduct?

Notice my lack of quotes. Can't be an Iowa style because he wrestles for Cornell. Just responding to ST's cheap shot. As you see, none of us like having our guys slandered this way.

I'm not blaming them for his actions. Where did I say that? What I am doing is saying that I'm wondering if they did anything during breaks in the actions, after each of the warnings, between periods, etc. This guy has a history. They obviously should know what to look for. Maybe I'm wrong, but I've seen plenty of coaches stand up, walk on to the mat, and send a very clear message to their wrestler. Did they do that?

BS - you can definitely blame the coaches. It is an organizational dynamic. He knows what is accepted on the Cornell team.

What is your deal with Cornell? Every single thread about them you come in and start bashing the entire team. You contribute absolutely nothing of value to this forum.

Nice try at ad hominum diversion. George's actions amount to thuggery. Koll needed to shut him down. He didn't, so he's complicit in the subsequent nonsense from George and now others. The fish is rotting.

I was running the event and was on the next mat watching a Lehigh bout so only saw bits and pieces. It was a series of smaller things (including a locked hands call) that together with the in match unsportsmanlike conduct calls led to being dqed on points. It actually took us a while afterwards to straighten the whole thing out since they revised the penalty sequences again this year.

BS - you can definitely blame the coaches. It is an organizational dynamic. He knows what is accepted on the Cornell team.

Before you blame the coaches and call it an organizational dynamic, please name other Cornell wrestlers who are thugs. One does not make a trend.

Wrestling "Iowa Style" eh?

No, Cornell style.

Before you call it Cornell style, can you please name another Cornell wrestler who was dq'd for misconduct?

Well, back in 1911, Cornell 158-pounder Allen was disqualified for "rough work" in a dual against Lehigh. And, although up 3 bouts to 2 after that disqualification, the Ithacans left the floor and forfeited the remaining matches. Lehigh won the dual and the NY Times headline read: CORNELL WRESTLERS QUIT.

Ha! Thought you had us, eh?

Well, back in 1911, Cornell 158-pounder Allen was disqualified for "rough work" in a dual against Lehigh. And, although up 3 bouts to 2 after that disqualification, the Ithacans left the floor and forfeited the remaining matches. Lehigh won the dual and the NY Times headline read: CORNELL WRESTLERS QUIT.

Ha! Thought you had us, eh?

Cornell is confirmed to be a dirty team:

http://query.nytimes.com/mem/archive-fr ... 5B818DF1D3

This "organizational dynamic" has been accepted for over a century now. :lol: