Sign in to follow this  
BRGuy

cornells george disqualified again

Palacio was mouthing off at the Penn State coaches pretty good during his match with Taylor. He may be the next big red loose cannon to go off.

I'm sticking with Realbuto. After what he did at the Penn State Open last year he seems like the safe bet.

What did Realbuto do against Fleming to get dq'd?

According to everything I read, Realbuto bit him.

Just an FYI grapplefan, I am an Iowa season ticket holder. I figured I would get the cheap shot in before anybody else could. ;)

Wow, you succeeded. Nice work!

I think it's in the coach's best interest to NOT let this dq'd conduct get out of hand, and I don't believe that any other Div I coach would let this go on if they could stop it.

I don't know George, but I have written about the Cornell team for the Wall Street Journal. In doing so, I spoke mainly to the team's stars, to be sure, and to Koll. So I didn't meet Mesko or really any of the backups. I found those did meet all to be bright and articulate as well as great wrestlers. If I had a son who had the ability and desire to wrestle in division 1, I would send him to wrestle for Cornell in a heartbeat.

I don't know George, but I have written about the Cornell team for the Wall Street Journal. In doing so, I spoke mainly to the team's stars, to be sure, and to Koll. So I didn't meet Mesko or really any of the backups. I found those did meet all to be bright and articulate as well as great wrestlers. If I had a son who had the ability and desire to wrestle in division 1, I would send him to wrestle for Cornell in a heartbeat.

You know, a couple years back there was a video on flo that interviewed the Cornell wrestlers and what they had done with their summer. What stood out to me was that every wrestler, with the exception of Dake who of course spent his summer training, had done some EXTREMELY impressive career related activity (interning on wallstreet, etc.). These are definitely not your typical college jocks. They are intelligent, articulate career minded individuals.

There are of course problem cases here and they, but the same is true for every school. They are the exceptions, not the rule and they are by and large backups and not highly recruited, if at all, by Koll.

I'll try to find the video later if I can.

What I am saying is this seems like a George issue more than a teamwide Cornell organization issue. This is one guy. One guy doing it more than once means it's his issue. Multiple guys getting dq means it is an organizational issue. Now let's see how Rob reacts to this incident before we say he's looking the other way. I understand he dealt with it the first time, but it was not discussed publically. Maybe that was a mistake. Guys CAN deserve a second chance. I don't know George. While I was embarrassed by what George did I was willing to give Rob the benefit of the doubt that he was dealing it in a way that he thought was the best. You are right, the coach must now deal with it, but it's not fair at this time to blame the coach for George's actions. Until we know how the coach deals with it, let's take a deep breath. If there is no disciplinary action, you can bad mouth the coaches, I will probably join in, and will even tell Rob what I think.

If that is considered absolving the coaches then so be it.

What disciplinary action do you think would be appropriate?

That he be kicked off the team asap.

Just now was the first time I've seen the video from the first incident. He should have been removed from the team right then. What a thug. I didn't realize it was as brutal and blatant as it was...kudos to Brown for not wanting any further action taken.